Peace Choir - Give Peace A Chance mp3 album
Album: Give Peace A Chance (1991). Charted: 54. Get the Sheet Music License This Song. After Iraq invaded Kuwait in 1990, the United Nations demanded a withdrawal and set a deadline of January 15, 1991. With the mission complete, the updated version of "Give Peace A Chance" faded from view. Far more vociferous protests came in 2003 when the United States invaded Iraq, leading to a prolonged war and lengthy occupation. In a 1991 interview with Vox, Lenny Kravitz, who produced the track, explained how it came together. I saw the clock ticking away and nobody was talking about peace," he said. I was gonna write a song but I realised this song was ideal, it just needed updating
The Sean Lennon single version of Give Peace a Chance entered Billboard's Hot 100 at number 54 for the the week ending March 9, 1991, while the original peaked at number 14 in 1969, at the height of the Vietnam War. The difference probably has less to do with the quality of the song and more about one-sided media coverage of the Gulf War and lack of attention given to protesters. Re-recording "Give Peace a Chance" was a great idea (and what John and Yoko first had in mind), but it is not as listenable as it was in 1991.
Product Information Give Peace a Chance by The Peace Choir - Digital Sheet Music. This arrangement of "Give Peace a Chance" includes additional lyrics written by Sean Lennon.
Released as a single in 1969 by the Plastic Ono Band on Apple Records (catalogue Apple 13 in the United Kingdom, Apple 1809 in the United States), it is the first solo single issued by Lennon, released when he was still a member of the Beatles, and became an anthem of the American anti-war movement during the 1970s
Lyrics to song 'Give Peace A Chance (see Peace Choir)' of performer (composer) Lenny Kravitz. Maybe, there are some variants. Please, check the variant's list. Everybody's talkin 'bout, Planet earth Rebirth United nations Good relations Space stations Starvation Radiation Salvatioin Education Liberation. Chorus: All we are saying is: Give Peace A Chance ! Everybody's talkin' 'bout Civil war Revolution Armageddon No solution Are we facing Vietnam We don't want to Drop the bomb. Everybody's talkin 'bout Acid house Gay spouse Green house Heavy metal Hip hop Censorship Has to stop Hiv Azt New kids dance on MTV With toxic waste dumps in the sea. Chorus. Everybody's talkin 'bout (Cyndi's part).
Original lyrics of Give Peace A Chance song by Peace Choir. Explain your version of song meaning, find more of Peace Choir lyrics. Peace Choir – Give Peace A Chance lyrics. Everybody's talkin' 'bout: Planet earth Rebirth United Nations Good relations Space stations Starvation Radiation Salvation Education Liberation. Chorus: All we are saying, Is give peace a chance. Everybody's talkin' 'bout: Civil war Revolution Armageddon No solution Are we facing Vietnam? We don't want to Drop the bomb.
|A||Give Peace A Chance||3:23|
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Virgin Records America, Inc.
- Copyright (c) – Virgin Records America, Inc.
- Distributed By – Virgin
- Published By – Northern Songs Ltd.
- Published By – Lenono Music
- Featuring – Adam Ant, Ahmet Zappa, Al Jarreau, Alannah Myles, Amina, Bonnie Raitt, Bros, Bruce Hornsby, Cyndi Lauper, Davey Johnstone, Dave Stewart*, Don Was, Duff McKagan, Dweezil Zappa, Felix Cavaliere, Flea, Iggy Pop, Jazzie B, Joe Higgs, John Frusciante, Kadeem Hardison, L.L. Cool J*, Lee Jaffe, Lenny Kravitz, Little Richard, Little Steven Van Zandt*, M.C. Hammer*, Michael McDonald, Moon Zappa, New Voices Of Freedom, Ofra Haza, Peter Gabriel, Q-Tip, Randy Newman, Run, Sean Ono Lennon*, Sebastian Bach, Teena Marie, Terence Trent D'Arby, Tom Petty, Wendy & Lisa, Yoko Ono
- Lyrics By [Additional / Re-written] – Sean Ono Lennon*
- Mixed By, Engineer – David Domanich, Henry Hirsch
- Music By – John Lennon And Yoko Ono*
- Producer – Lenny Kravitz
- Written-By – John Lennon And Paul McCartney*
NotesCredit Written-By John Lennon And Paul McCartney,
Published by Northern Songs Ltd. on sleeve
Credit Music By John Lennon And Yoko Ono,
Published by Lenono Music on label
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 5 012980 993970
- Label Code: LC3098
- Rights Society: GEMA / STEMRA / BIEM
- Matrix / Runout (Label): S 114096 A
- Matrix / Runout (Runout stamped, variant 1): 101 DS114096 A-2
- Matrix / Runout (Runout stamped, variant 2): 101 DS114096 A-3
|GPACD 1, 664 096||Peace Choir||Give Peace A Chance (CD, Single)||Virgin America, Virgin America||GPACD 1, 664 096||UK & Europe||1991|
|VINX 261||Peace Choir||Give Peace A Chance (12")||Virgin America||VINX 261||Italy||1991|
|GPAC 1, 114 096||Peace Choir||Give Peace A Chance (7")||Virgin America, Virgin America||GPAC 1, 114 096||UK||1991|
|4-98839||Peace Choir||Give Peace A Chance (Cass, S/Sided, Single)||Virgin America||4-98839||UK||1991|
|VUS 39||Peace Choir||Give Peace A Chance (7")||Virgin||VUS 39||Australasia||1991|