Dexter Gordon - Great Encounters mp3 album
Bop singer Eddie Jefferson and trumpeter Woody Shaw join Gordon and his quartet (pianist George Cables, bassist Rufus Reid and drummer Eddie Gladden) on "Diggin' In" and "It's Only a Paper Moon" and Gordon takes Thelonious Monk's ballad "Ruby My Dear" as his feature. Everything works quite well on this diverse but consistent LP, one of Dexter Gordon's later efforts.
Great Encounters (Cass, Album). Great Encounters (LP, Album, Promo).
On this page you can listen to mp3 music free or download album or mp3 track to your PC, phone or tablet. And you can download the album in one file to your computer or tablet or phone. Attention! All audio material is presented solely for information. All styles of audio music.
CD reissue of this 1978 album by the Jazz tenor sax man. Features musical assistance from Johnny Griffin, Eddie Jefferson, Woody Shaw, George Cables, Rufus Reid and Eddie Gladden. I had recently forgotten how great Dexter Gordon was and how he impacted the music that I have come to love and cherish so deeply. Great Encounters" came out in 1979, a time when my ears were being perked up by a hosts of artists that includied Woody Shaw, Dexter Gordon and Eddie Jefferson. When this record came out, I thought it was brilliant. Hearing it again on CD reinforced that same opinion. Dexter is in excellent form here and he surrounds himself with a tightly knitted rhythm section.
Great Encounters (1978). Album by Dexter Gordon.
Tangerine is an album by saxophonist Dexter Gordon which was recorded in 1972 and released on the Prestige label.
DEXTER GORDON Great Encounters ORIGINAL SEALED LP HYPE 1979 JC 35978 Rufus Reid. Dexter gordon : take the 'A' train CD album black lion 1989 made in w germany.
Tracklist Hide Credits
|A1||Blues Up And Down
Written By – G. Ammons*, S. Stitt*
Written By – D. Gordon*
Written By – D. Gordon*, E. Jefferson*
|B2||Ruby My Dear
Written By – T. Monk*
|B3||It's Only A Paper Moon
Written By – B. Rose*, E.Y. Harburg, H. Arlen*
- Recorded At – Carnegie Hall
- Recorded At – CBS Studios, New York
- Copyright (c) – CBS Inc.
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – CBS Inc.
- Manufactured By – Columbia Records
- Manufactured By – CBS Inc.
- Bass – Rufus Reid
- Design – Ed Lee, Phyllis H.B.
- Drums – Eddie Gladden
- Engineer – Don Puluse (tracks: B1), Jerry Smith (tracks: B2 & B3), Tom Arrison (tracks: A1 & A2)
- Executive Producer – Maxine Gregg
- Management [Personal] – MsManagement
- Photography [cover] – Ronald G. Harris
- Piano – George Cables
- Producer – Michael Cuscuna
- Remix – Don Puluse (tracks: B1)
- Tenor Saxophone – Dexter Gordon, Johnny Griffin (tracks: A1 & A2)
- Trombone – Curtis Fuller (tracks: B1 & B3)
- Trumpet – Woody Shaw (tracks: B1 & B3)
- Vocals – Eddie Jefferson (tracks: B1 & B3)
NotesA1 & A2 recorded live at Carnegie Hall, New York City on September 23, 1978. Live recording by Fedco
Johnny Griffin appears courtesy of Galaxy Records
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode (Scanned): 074643597814
- Barcode: 07464359781
- Matrix / Runout (Side A Variant 1): (Side 1 stamped) AL 35978-2B
- Matrix / Runout (Side B Variant 1): (Side 2 stamped) BL 35978-1B
- Matrix / Runout (Side A Variant 2): AL 35978-2E S1 stamped ("S1" etched)
- Matrix / Runout (Side B Variant 2): BL 35978-1E S2 stamped ("S2" etched)
- Matrix / Runout (Side A Variant 3): AL 35978-2F S1 stamped ("S1" etched)
- Matrix / Runout (Side B Variant 3): BL 35978-1E S2 stamped ("S2" etched)
|CBS 83643||Dexter Gordon||Great Encounters (LP, Album)||CBS||CBS 83643||Europe||1979|
|1T1 7106||Dexter Gordon||Great Encounters (Cass, Album)||Columbia||1T1 7106||US||1979|
|225040||Dexter Gordon||Great Encounters (LP, Album, Promo)||CBS||225040||Brazil||1978|
|JC 35978||Dexter Gordon||Great Encounters (LP, Album)||Columbia||JC 35978||Canada||1979|
|COL 471876 2||Dexter Gordon||Great Encounters (CD, Album)||Columbia||COL 471876 2||France||Unknown|