Sam Rivers' Rivbea All-star Orchestra - Culmination mp3 album
- Performer: Sam Rivers' Rivbea All-star Orchestra
- Title: Culmination
- Genre: Jazz
- Formats: XM MPC ADX AAC MP1 MOD FLAC
- Released: 1999
- Style: Contemporary Jazz
- MP3 album: 1585 mb
- FLAC album: 1990 mb
- Rating: 4.8/5
- Votes: 797
Rivers, well into his 70s, is as sharp as ever on tenor, soprano, and flute. The music is similar to that heard on the previous album - strident yet sublime big band charts crafted by Rivers roughly between 1969 and 1994, resuscitated by alto sax man and M-Base creator Steve Coleman. Most are vamp-based funk pieces, the solos interspersed with tightly arranged, dissonant shout choruses and thematic statements from the star-studded ensemble. Ripples," the longest track, is a bit different than the rest, as it’s built around a latin groove. You can practically hear the.
The highlights of this album include the opening track, guaranteed to confuse those who bought the first album (being a barely altered version of that disc's opening track); "Bubbles," with Hamiet Bluiett's ebullient baritone taking the lead; and the title piece, the most enjoyable lesson in atonality you'll ever hear. Exclusive discount for Prime members. Sample this album Artist (Sample).
Artist: Sam Rivers' Rivbea All-Star Orchestra Title: Culmination Year Of Release: 2000 Label: BMG France/RCA Victor Genre: Jazz, Contemporary Jazz, Big Band, Post-Bop Quality: FLAC (tracks+. Tracklist: 01. Spectrum (Rivers) (7:20) 02. Bubbles (Rivers) (8:27) 03. Revelation (Rivers) (10:37) 04. Culmination (Rivers) (8:13) 05. Ripples (Rivers) (12:39) 06. Neptune (Rivers) (5:53) 07.
For No Reason At All In C Joe Venuti, Eddie Lang All-Star Orchestra. Riffin' Sam Rivers' Rivbea All-Star Orchestra. Solace Sam Rivers' Rivbea All-Star Orchestra. Neptune Sam Rivers' Rivbea All-Star Orchestra. Vines Sam Rivers' Rivbea All-Star Orchestra. Inspiration Sam Rivers' Rivbea All-Star Orchestra. Spectrum Sam Rivers' Rivbea All-Star Orchestra. Culmination Sam Rivers' Rivbea All-Star Orchestra.
Samuel Carthorne Rivers (September 25, 1923 – December 26, 2011) was an American jazz musician and composer. He performed on soprano and tenor saxophones, bass clarinet, flute, harmonica and piano. Active in jazz since the early 1950s, he earned wider attention during the mid-1960s spread of free jazz. With a thorough command of music theory, orchestration and composition, Rivers was an influential and prominent artist in jazz music.
00:10:37) Sam Rivers' Rivbea All-Star Orchestra - Revelation. 4. (00:08:13) Sam Rivers' Rivbea All-Star Orchestra - Culmination. 5. (00:12:39) Sam Rivers' Rivbea All-Star Orchestra - Ripples. 6. (00:05:53) Sam Rivers' Rivbea All-Star Orchestra - Neptune. 7. (00:06:26) Sam Rivers' Rivbea All-Star Orchestra - Riffin'.
Sam Rivers' Rivbea All-star Orchestra. Inspiration (CD, Album, Unofficial). Marketplace 0 3 For Sale from €. 3.
- Mastered At – Foothill Digital
- Recorded At – Systems Two
- Mixed At – Systems Two
- Alto Saxophone – Greg Osby, Steve Coleman
- Artwork – Rebus
- Baritone Saxophone – Hamiet Bluiett
- Bass – Doug Mathews
- Co-producer – Sam Rivers, Sophia Wong
- Coordinator [Project Coordinator] – Rémi Sommers*
- Drums – Anthony Cole
- Executive-Producer – Daniel Baumgarten
- Horn [Baritone] – Joseph Daley*
- Mastered By – Nicholas Prout
- Mixed By, Producer – Steve Coleman
- Painting – Scramble Campbell
- Photography By – Tom Leatherman
- Recorded By [Assistant] – Nancy Marciano
- Recorded By, Mixed By – Joseph Marciano*
- Soprano Saxophone, Tenor Saxophone, Flute, Written-By – Sam Rivers
- Tenor Saxophone – Chico Freeman, Gary Thomas
- Trombone – Art Baron, Joseph Bowie, Ray Anderson
- Trumpet – Baikida Carroll, James Zollar, Ralph Alessi, Ravi Best
- Tuba – Bob Stewart
NotesRecorded at Systems Two Recording Studios Brooklyn, NY, September 28 & 29, 1998
Mixed at Systems Two Recording Studios Brooklyn, NY, October 2 & 3, 1998 and November 28-30, 1998
Mastered at Foothill Digital Productions New York, NY, on December 1, 1998
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode (Text): 743216 831128