Lizzy Mercier Descloux - One For The Soul mp3 album
Complete your Lizzy Mercier Descloux collection. Notes in booklet by Vivien Goldman (2014). No more bonus track than on the foreseen remastered issues.
Get the Tempo of the tracks from One For The Soul (1986) by Lizzy Mercier Descloux. BPM Profile One for the Soul. Album starts at 202BPM, ends at 92BPM (-110), with tempos within the -BPM range. Try refreshing the page if dots are missing). Recent albums by Lizzy Mercier Descloux. Lizzy Mercier Descloux.
Lizzy Mercier Descloux - Simply Beautiful 03:59. Lizzy Mercier Descloux - Fog Horn Blues 04:07. Lizzy Mercier Descloux - Women Don't Like Me 03:06. Lizzy Mercier Descloux - My Funny Valentine 03:54. Lizzy Mercier Descloux - Fog Horn Blues 04:14. Lizzy Mercier Descloux - God Spell Me Wrong 03:12. Lizzy Mercier Descloux - Off off Pleasure 02:58. Lizzy Mercier Descloux - Long Voodoo Ago 04:35. Lizzy Mercier Descloux - Queen of Overdub Kisses 03:43. Lizzy Mercier Descloux - A Word Is a Whah 03:08. Lizzy Mercier Descloux - Scala Saga Samba 04:03. Lizzy Mercier Descloux - Love Streams 02:25.
A new version of Last. Overview (current section).
By the time poet, singer-songwriter, and artist Lizzy Mercier Descloux recorded 1984's 'Zulu Rock', she'd marked herself out as both a globe trotter with more passport stamps than Tintin and a musical innovator whose loose, arty spirit could be applied to styles as varied as no wave, Bavarian oompa and Soweto jive. But unlike 'Zulu Rock's broad appropriation of the local sound, 'One For The Soul' borrows very liberally from Brazilian culture. The aim, says Kidron, was to "reimagine the blues", but Lizzy's musical essence was in flux. Lizzy was, for the first time, about to take on the world alone - and there was but one album left in he. P Includes download card for full album and 2 bonus tracks. CD includes full album plus 6 bonus tracks. Label Light in the Attic. Genre New Wave & Post Punk.
After her deep dive into South African music on the 1984 album Zulu Rock, Lizzy Mercier Descloux had hoped to follow in a similar vein with an album recorded in New Orleans featuring both the Soweto crew she had worked with on Zulu Rock and local Cajun and zydeco musicians. However, securing visas for the South Africans proved impossible, and Mercier Descloux and producer Adam Kidron instead traveled to Brazil, where they recorded One for the Soul in Rio de Janeiro.
Lizzy Mercier Descloux – My Funny Valentine (3:47) 06. Lizzy Mercier Descloux – Sound Of Leblon Beach, Garden Of Alas (4:00) 07. Lizzy Mercier Descloux – God Spell Me Wrong (3:13) 08. Lizzy Mercier Descloux – Off Off Pleasure (2:58) 09. Lizzy Mercier Descloux – Long Voodoo Ago (4:35) 1. But unlike Zulu Rock's broad appropriation of the local sound, One For The Soul borrows very liberally from Brazilian culture. A Word Is A Wah" meshes reggae with her beloved accordion, "Women Don't Like Me" is wild, new wave pop, and she even wanders into soul territory, with whispery lounge versions of Al Green's "Simply Beautiful"
|1||One For The Soul||3:53|
|3||Fog Horn Blues||4:15|
|4||Women Don't Like Me||3:07|
|5||My Funny Valentine||3:57|
|6||Sound Of Leblon Beach / Garden Of Alas||3:58|
|7||God-Spell Me Wrong||3:13|
|8||Off Off Pleasure||2:59|
|9||Long Voodoo Ago||4:36|
|10||Queen Of Overdub Kisses||3:46|
|11||A Word Is A Whah||3:09|
|12||Scala Saga Samba||4:03|
|14||Let's Get It On||5:14|
- Recorded At – PolyGram Studios, Rio De Janeiro
- Mixed At – Studio Marcadet
- Copyright (c) – ZE Records
- Manufactured By – Blues Interactions, Inc.
- Distributed By – Blues Interactions, Inc.
- Accordion – Sivuca
- Acoustic Guitar – Doudeth De Azevedo*
- Art Direction, Design – Michel Esteban
- Backing Vocals – Adam Kidron, Alceu Maia, Chet Baker, Jose Luiz Mazziotti, Lizzy Mercier Descloux, Lorenza Johnson, Slim Batteux
- Bass – Harry Bruce, Jamil Jones Dos Santos*, Jorge Degas
- Bass Clarinet – Moacyr Marques Da Silva
- Cavaquinho – Alceu Maia
- Compiled By – Michel Esteban
- Coordinator, Producer, Executive-Producer – Michel Esteban
- Drums – Billy Perry*, Paulo Braga*
- Electric Guitar – Vitor Biglione, Zeppa
- Engineer – Marcio Gama
- Keyboards – Vincent Bouvot*
- Mixed By – Olivier de Bosson
- Percussion – Alceu Maia, Djalma Correa, Marcelo Salazar, Paulo Perira
- Photography By [Front Cover] – Andy Earl
- Photography By [Inside Cover] – Michel Esteban
- Piano – Luiz Fernando M. Lima
- Producer – Adam Kidron, Adam Kidron
- Remix – Dominique Blanc-Francard
- Remix, Remastered By – Charlus De La Salle
- Saxophone – Leonardo Gandelman*
- Trumpet – Chet Baker (tracks: 3, 5, 7, 9, 14)
- Violin – Michel Cron
NotesIssued in a gatefold replica mini-LP papersleeve with obi strip, inner sleeve and booklet in English and Japanese.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 4 995879 242353
- Rights Society: JASRAC
|827 910-1||Lizzy Mercier Descloux||One For The Soul (LP, Album)||Polydor||827 910-1||France||1986|
|CD.27||Lizzy Mercier Descloux||One For The Soul (CD, Album, Ltd, Min)||ZE Records||CD.27||Japan||2010|
|CD.27||Lizzy Mercier Descloux||One For The Soul (15xFile, MP3, Album, RM)||ZE Records||CD.27||Brazil||2009|
|P33P 20062||Lizzy Mercier Descloux||One For The Soul (CD, Album)||Polydor||P33P 20062||Japan||1986|
|827 910-2||Lizzy Mercier Descloux||One For The Soul (CD, Album)||Polydor||827 910-2||Europe||1986|