Neurosis - Times Of Grace mp3 album
Times of Grace is the sixth studio album by Californian band Neurosis, released on May 4, 1999. It continued the band's development of the post-metal genre and demonstrates gothic rock and progressive rock influences. This album and Grace, an ambient companion by the band's alter-ego Tribes of Neurot, are designed to play alongside each other. Times of Grace marked the beginning of the band's ongoing working relationship with recording engineer Steve Albini.
Produced by Steve Albini & Neurosis. Album Times of Grace. Times of Grace Lyrics. The presence unfound comes to me now Endure, see this knowledge denied out of mind To deny until I say feed us alive Sight as I speak inside us born Cherished and driven. Cull the snake, cull path to god Make us see, wrath to survive Darkness looms, the moons have stricken Showing all, constant revision
Times of Grace show Neurosis in transition, the middle point between the densely layered and progressive sound of Through Silver in Blood to the sparser, more folk influenced A Sun That Never Sets. The quieter dynamics that Neurosis have perfected over time are coming a much more prominent force within the music whilst the band still hones their craft of the big riff, and these riffs are really freaking huge. As with much of Neurosis’ discography, this is a very bleak, dismal album, and although it never reaches the same monochromatic blankness of A Sun That Never Sets or The Eye of Every Storm, the moods and tones of this album is far beyond what most bands can hope to accomplish. The primal anger that Neurosis deliver has been internalized and as a whole the album is far more introspective than the ones that came before.
When Oakland’s Neurosis first emerged onto California’s burgeoning hardcore punk scene back in 1985, no one could possibly have foreseen the bizarre, revolutionary trajectory that their career would subsequently take. After a couple of albums’ worth of decent but unremarkable hardcore/metal crossover, the band began a process of evolution and refinement which would take heavy music to previously unimaginable spaces and, in the process, shape what has thus far been metal’s definitive response to the 21st century
Album · 1999 · 11 Songs. See All. Given to the Rising. Through Silver In Blood. Honor Found In Decay.
Times of Grace is the sixth studio album from the Californian band Neurosis. The musical style is carried along from the previous album, although with a more straightforward approach. The album marked the beginning of a still-active working relationship with recording engineer Steve Albini.
Times Of Grace (2xLP, Album, Ltd, Cle). Times Of Grace (CD, Album). Neurosis Times of Grace 7:23. NEUROSIS - Under the Surface (Official Music Video) 3:51. ak w, D. inter, edjgraphix, seppuku.
Продавец: Интернет-магазин Ozon. Адрес: Россия, Москва, Пресненская набережная, 10. ОГРН: 1027739244741
|1||Suspended In Light||1:59|
|3||Under The Surface||8:37|
|4||The Last You'll Know||9:14|
|7||End Of The Harvest||7:29|
|10||Times Of Grace||7:23|
|11||The Road To Sovereignty||3:39|
- Recorded At – Electrical Audio
- Overdubbed At – Mr. Toad's
- Mixed At – Mr. Toad's
- Mastered At – A&M Mastering Studios
- Published By – Neurot Music
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Relapse Records, Inc.
- Copyright (c) – Relapse Records, Inc.
- Artwork [All Artwork Conceptualized And Executed By] – Neurosis
- Artwork [Logo Repair] – Eric Horst
- Artwork [Neurot Symbol] – Markus Wolff
- Bagpipes – John Goff
- Bass, Voice, Synthesizer [Moog] – Dave Edwardson
- Cello – Jackie Gratz
- Cornet, Tuba – Jon Birdsong
- Cover [Front Cover Carving] – Bob McDonald
- Crew [Live Sound] – David Michael Clark*
- Crew [Road Mercenaries] – Dennis Falkenberg, Karrie Hill, Pat Vigil*, Todd Coté*
- Drums, Percussion – Jason Roeder
- Engineer [Additional Engineering And Assistance] – Greg Norman, Jeff Byrd, Noah Landis, Rob Bochnick
- Graphics [Additional Film And Visual Work] – Adam Kendall
- Graphics [Live Visual Media] – Pete Inc.
- Guitar, Voice, Percussion – Scott Kelly, Steve Von Till
- Keyboards, Sampler, Sounds [Sound Manipulation], Voice – Noah Landis
- Management [For Guerrilla Management Collective] – Kevin Wortis
- Mastered By – Dave Collins
- Narrator – Wendy-O Matik
- Other [Web Site Design And Maintenance] – Rick Chase
- Recorded By, Mixed By – Steve Albini
- Songwriter [All Songs Written By] – Neurosis
- Technician [Equipment Repair - For Dredge Tone Audio] – John Joseph
- Technician [Starving Musician Repair] – Mike Fox*
- Trombone – Johannes Mager
- Viola, Violin – Kris Force
NotesThis version has entirely different matrix info to the other version with the same catalogue number.
Recorded at Electrical Audio Recording, Chicago, Oct. 1998.
Additional overdubs & mixing @ Mr. Toad's, San Francisco, November 1998.
Mastered at A&M.
All songs published by Neurot Music © 1998, ASCAP.
Neurosis gratefully acknowledges the support of GHS strings, Evans heads, and Regal Tip sticks.
Quoted from inside the booklet:
"A multi-dimensional sound experience of this recording is available from Neurot Recordings.
The companion disc to "Times Of Grace" performed by Tribes of Neurot (Neurosis' alter-ego).
"Grace" is sonically designed to be played simultaneously with this CD
or experienced on its own as a textural soundscape
with the same emotional impact and dynamic flow as the Neurosis version.
A musical experiment of a single concept performed by the two distinct personalities of this group."
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 7 81676 64192 5
- Matrix / Runout (Variant 1): 4500 64192 K90409-20 A @
- Matrix / Runout (Variant 2): 4500 64192 K90123-08 A @
- Mastering SID Code (Variant 1): IFPI L804
- Mastering SID Code (Variant 2): IFPI L804
- Mould SID Code (Variant 1): IFPI 2F63
- Mould SID Code (Variant 2): IFPI 2F60
|RR7283||Neurosis||Times Of Grace (2xLP, Album, Ltd, RE, Sil)||Relapse Records, Neurot Recordings||RR7283||US||2015|
|MASS 0711||Neurosis||Times Of Grace (Cass, Album)||Metal Mind Records||MASS 0711||Poland||1999|
|CDMFN 249||Neurosis||Times Of Grace (CD, Album, Promo)||Music For Nations||CDMFN 249||UK||1999|
|RR 6419-1||Neurosis||Times Of Grace (2xLP, Album, Ltd, Cle)||Relapse Records||RR 6419-1||US||1999|
|VICP-60983||Neurosis||Times Of Grace (CD, Album)||Music For Nations||VICP-60983||Japan||2000|