George Russell - The Essence Of George Russell mp3 album
The Essence of George Russell is an album by George Russell originally released on the Swedish Sonet label in 1971, and subsequently reissued on the Italian Black Saint label in 1983, featuring performances by Russell with Stanton Davis, Jan Garbarek, Terje Rypdal, Arild Andersen, Jon Christensen and orchestra contained George Russell's first large-scale work to incorporate electronic elements from contemporary classical music as well.
Other Versions (4 of 4) View All. Cat.
George Allen Russell (June 23, 1923 – July 27, 2009) was an American jazz pianist, composer, arranger and theorist. He is considered one of the first jazz musicians to contribute to general music theory with a theory of harmony based on jazz rather than European music, in his book Lydian Chromatic Concept of Tonal Organization (1953). He was a member of composer George Russell's ensemble in the 1980s along with Jon Christensen, Arild Andersen and Jan Garbarek, appearing on "The Essence of George Russell" (Soul Note 1983). In 2002, he received the Djangodor in the Contemporary Star of Jazz category. In addition to jazz Aberg also works in musical styles from India, Africa and Eastern Europe, as well as contemporary music.
George Russell And The Living Time Orchestra: 80th Birthday Concert. The 80th Birthday Concert by Jerry D'Souza. Ezz-Thetics by Reid Thompson. George Russell Sextet at the Five Spot by David Adler
Davis, Arne Domnérus, Roman Dylag, Berndt Egarbladh, Maffy Falay, Jan Garbarek, Rune Gustafsson, Bengt Hallberg, Egil Bop Johansen, Olle Lind, Bertil Lövgren, Sabu Martinez, Palle Mikkelborg, Erik Nilsson, Georg Riedel, Claes Rosendahl, Bernt Rosengren, George Russell, Terje Rypdal, Lars Samuelson & Georg Vernon. Lennart Aberg, Jan Allan, Arild Andersen, Palle Bolvig, Christer Boustedt, Jon Christensen, Rupert Clemendore, Stanton Jr. Davis, Arne Domnérus, Roman Dylag, Berndt Egarbladh, Maffy Falay, Jan Garbarek, Rune Gustafsson, Bengt Hallberg, Egil Bop Johansen,.
Studio album by George Russell. 1971 contained George Russell's first large-scale work to incorporate electronic elements from contemporary classical music as well as an emerging influence of modern rock . php?title The Essence of George Russell&oldid 844893588". Categories: George Russell (composer) albums. Black Saint/Soul Note albums.
D) Piano – George Russell (track D) Tenor Saxophone – Bernt Rosengren, Jan Garbarek (track D) Trombone – Georg Vernon, Gunnar Medberg (track D) Trombone – Runo Ericksson (track D) Trumpet – Bertil Lövgren, Jan Allan, Palle Boldtvig, Palle Mikkelborg (track D). About this release. Sonet SLP 1411/1412 (Sweden). Thanks to snobb for the addition. The Essence Of George Russell Soul Note 2010. The Essence Of George Russell by George Russell (1996-04-02) Soul Note.
Tracklist Hide Credits
|A||Electronic Sonata For Souls Loved By Nature (Part I)||15:48|
|B||Electronic Sonata For Souls Loved By Nature (Part II)||17:03|
|C||Electronic Sonata For Souls Loved By Nature (Part III)||27:45|
|D1||Concerto For Self-Accompanied Guitar
Classical Guitar – Rune Gustafsson
|D2||Now And Then
Alto Saxophone – Christer Boustedt, Claes RosendahlBaritone Saxophone – Erik Nilsson Bass – Roman DylagBass Trombone – Runo ErickssonCongas – Rupert ClemendoreDrums – Jon ChristensenElectric Guitar – Rune GustafssonPiano – George RussellTenor Saxophone – Bernt Rosengren, Jan GarbarekTrombone – Georg Vernon*, Gunnar MedbergTrumpet – Bertil Lövgren, Jan Allan, Palle Boldtvig*, Palle Mikkelborg
- Alto Saxophone, Clarinet – Arne Domnérus (tracks: A to C)
- Artwork [Cover] – Vigdis Hareide
- Baritone Saxophone, Bass Clarinet – Erik Nilsson (tracks: A to C)
- Bass – Arild Andersen, Georg Riedel
- Bass Trombone – Olle Lind (tracks: A to C)
- Composed By – George Russell
- Congas – Sabu Martinez (tracks: A to C)
- Design – Marit Jerstad, Vigdis Hareide
- Drums – Egil Johansen (tracks: A to C), Jon Christensen (tracks: A to C)
- Electric Guitar – Terje Rypdahl* (tracks: A to C)
- Guitar – Rune Gustafsson (tracks: A to C)
- Liner Notes – George Russell, Kåre Kolberg
- Piano – Bengt Hallberg (tracks: A to C)
- Piano, Conductor – George Russell (tracks: A to C)
- Producer – George Russell
- Tenor Saxophone – Jan Garbarek (tracks: A to C)
- Tenor Saxophone, Flute, Soprano Saxophone, Alto Saxophone – Claes Rosendahl (tracks: A to C)
- Tenor Saxophone, Soprano Saxophone, Flute – Lennart Åberg (tracks: A to C)
- Trumpet – Bertil Lövgren (tracks: A to C), Jan Allan (tracks: A to C), Lars Samuelsson* (tracks: A to C), Maffy Falay (tracks: A to C)
- Trumpet, Flugelhorn – Stanton Davis (tracks: A to C)
- Vibraphone, Xylophone – Berndt Egerbladh (tracks: A to C)
Notes© Copyright 1971 by Concept Record Co.
Sonet SLP 1411/1412
Distribution: Arne Bendiksen
|SLP 1411/1412||George Russell||The Essence Of George Russell (2xLP, Album)||Sonet||SLP 1411/1412||Sweden||1971|
|121044RM-2||George Russell||The Essence Of George Russell (CD, Album, RE, RM, Car)||C.A.M. Jazz||121044RM-2||Italy||2010|
|121044-2||George Russell||The Essence Of George Russell (CD, Album, RE, RM)||Soul Note||121044-2||Italy||Unknown|
|SN 1044/45||George Russell||The Essence Of George Russell (2xLP, Album, RE)||Soul Note||SN 1044/45||Italy||1983|