Elton John - Songs From The West Coast mp3 album
Songs from the West Coast is the twenty-sixth studio album by British singer-songwriter Elton John, released worldwide on 1 October 2001. Many critics have said that this album brought him back to his piano-based musical roots. Elton once again collaborated with long-time lyricist Bernie Taupin. Drummer Nigel Olsson returns to the band full-time. Tata Vega makes an early appearance as a backup vocalist and joined the EJ band later
I Want Love" is a 2001 song by Elton John, co-written with Bernie Taupin. It was released as a single from his Songs from the West Coast album. The song reached the top ten in Canada and the United Kingdom. In the US, "I Want Love" reached No. 110 on the Billboard Hot 100's "Bubbling Under" chart and number six on the Adult Contemporary chart. The song also featured in an advert for Royal Mail, in which John starred.
Songs from the West Coast Tour was a concert tour by Elton John that took place between 2001 and 2002. In the fall of 2001 Elton John and the band set out on tour to promote Elton John's latest album Songs from the West Coast. The 2001 leg visited Canada, the United States, Mexico and Japan. It was the first time Elton John had visited Japan since 1998 Face to Face. It was also the first time Elton John visited Mexico since The One Tour in 1992.
The album Songs From the West Coast defined Elton’s renewed vision and clearly was a welcome return by the artist for long time Elton John fans. 9 – Tumbleweed Connection. Nonetheless, every Elton John album presented a slightly different sound from the previous work. The presence of the Tower of Power horn section on the album gave the Caribou LP a distinctively grittier and funkier feel than other Elton John albums. Songs like The Bitch is Back, and You’re So Static, benefited greatly from the mighty sounds of the Tower of Power. It’s still hard to believe that only six month after Elton had released Goodbye Yellow Brick Road, the artists was still able to turn out another album of incredible well written and original sounding pop songs.
The Legendary Covers Album. Mr. Reginald Sings Nick Drake. Songs From The West Coast. Revamp: The Songs Of Elton John & Bernie Taupin. The Best 150 Soundtracks - Titanic - Once Upon a Time in the West - Life Is Beautiful - Don't Cry for Me Argentina - Raindrops Keep Falling on My Head, Merry Christmas Mr. Lawrence - Hook. Le 150 migliori colonne sonore dei film - Titanic - C'era una volta nel West - La vita è bella - Don't cry for me Argentina - Raindrops keep falling on my head - Nuovo Cinema Paradiso - Hook.
Features Song Lyrics for Lulu & Elton John's Songs from the West Coast album. Lulu & Elton John Lyrics provided by SongLyrics. Lyricapsule: The Surfaris Drop ‘Wipe Out’; June 22, 1963. RIFF’d: Nas’ ‘Nasir’. Lyricapsule: The Byrds Drop ‘Mr. Tambourine Man’; June 21, 1965.
Songs from the West Coast by Elton John Rock CD 2001 Mercury Records. Condition is Very Good. Shipped with USPS Media Mail. Style: West CoastArtist: Elton John. ELTON JOHN - SONGS FROM THE WEST COAST (CD Album). In very good-excelent condition with just a few very light marks. With fold-out picture/lyric insert in a stickered jewel case.
Songs from the West Coast is the twenty-seventh studio album by British singer/songwriter Elton John, released worldwide on 1 October 2001. Tata Vega makes an early appearance as a backup vocalist and joined the EJ band later
Tracklist Hide Credits
|1||The Emperor's New Clothes||4:28|
Clavinet, Harmonica – Stevie Wonder
|3||Look Ma, No Hands
Acoustic Guitar – David Channing
Vocals [Harmony] – Rufus Wainwright
Guitar [Dobro] – David ChanningHarmonium – Elton John
|7||I Want Love||4:35|
Backing Vocals – Tata Vega
|9||Ballad Of The Boy In The Red Shoes||4:52|
|10||Love Her Like Me||3:58|
|12||This Train Don't Stop There Anymore
Backing Vocals – Gary Barlow
- Acoustic Guitar – Bruce Gaitsch (tracks: 4, 7), Davey Johnstone (tracks: 9, 11)
- Arranged By [Horns], Conductor [Horns] – Paul Buckmaster (tracks: 1)
- Arranged By [Strings], Conductor [Strings] – Paul Buckmaster (tracks: 5, 9, 11, 12)
- Artwork By [Design] – Peacock
- Backing Vocals – Davey Johnstone (tracks: 1, 2, 3, 7, 9, 10, 11, 12), Kudisan Kai (tracks: 7, 8, 12), Nigel Olsson (tracks: 1, 2, 3, 7, 9, 10, 11, 12), Paul Bushnell (tracks: 1, 2, 3, 7, 9, 10, 11, 12)
- Bass – Paul Bushnell
- Bouzouki [Bazouki] – Rusty Anderson (tracks: 11)
- Drums – Matt Chamberlain (tracks: 2, 4, 5, 6, 10, 11, 12), Nigel Olsson (tracks: 1, 3, 7, 8, 9)
- Edited By – Stewart Whitmore
- Electric Guitar – Davey Johnstone (tracks: 3, 7), Rusty Anderson (tracks: 4, 11)
- Guitar – Davey Johnstone (tracks: 1, 2, 8), Rusty Anderson (tracks: 2, 5, 6, 10)
- Keyboards – Patrick Leonard (tracks: 4, 5, 11)
- Lyrics By – Taupin*
- Mandolin – Davey Johnstone (tracks: 9)
- Mastered By – Stephen Marcussen
- Mellotron – Patrick Leonard (tracks: 10)
- Mixed By – Bill Bottrell
- Mixed By [Assistant] – Alan Sanderson
- Music By, Piano – Elton John
- Organ – Patrick Leonard (tracks: 3)
- Organ [B3] – Billy Preston (tracks: 8, 10), Patrick Leonard (tracks: 2, 4)
- Organ [Electric] – Billy Preston (tracks: 7)
- Percussion – Jay Bellerose (tracks: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9), Matt Chamberlain (tracks: 6)
- Photography – Sam Taylor-Wood
- Producer – Patrick Leonard
- Recorded By [Cello Studios, Assistant] – Alan Sanderson, Jennifer Hilliard
- Recorded By [Cello Studios] – Brian Scheuble
- Recorded By [Elton John, Assistant] – Andy Green, Tom Stanley
- Recorded By [Elton John] – Joe Chiccarelli
- Recorded By [Johnny Yuma Recording, Assistant] – Katrina Leigh, Todd Shoemaker
- Recorded By [Johnny Yuma Recording] – David Channing
- Recorded By [Rufus Wainwright, Assistant] – Darrell Thorp
- Recorded By [Rufus Wainwright] – David Channing
- Recorded By [Sony Studios, Assistant] – Johnathan Merritt*
- Recorded By [Sony Studios] – Joe Chiccarelli
- Recorded By [Stevie Wonder, Assistant] – Steve Jones
- Recorded By [Stevie Wonder] – Ralph Sutton
- Recorded By [Strings, Horns, Assistant] – Alan Sanderson
- Recorded By [Strings, Horns] – Joe Chiccarelli
Notes℗© 2001 Mercury Records Ltd. (London) Licensed exclusively to Universal Records, a division of UMG Recordings.
Elton John's vocals were recorded at The Townhouse, London.
Strings and horns were recorded at Cello Studios.
Stevie Wonder was recorded at Wonderland. Rufus Wainwright was recorded at Ocean Way Studios.
Mixed at Cello Studios.
White tray jewel case.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 7 31458 63302 0
|586 330-2||Elton John||Songs From The West Coast (CD, Album)||Mercury||586 330-2||Europe||2001|
|063 087-0||Elton John||Songs From The West Coast (CD, Album + CD, Enh + Ltd, S/Edition)||Mercury, The Rocket Record Company||063 087-0||Europe||2002|
|063 194-2||Elton John||Songs From The West Coast (CD, Album)||Mercury||063 194-2||Germany||2001|
|314 586 330-2||Elton John||Songs From The West Coast (CD, Album)||The Rocket Record Company, Universal Records||314 586 330-2||US||2001|
|586 459-2||Elton John||Songs From The West Coast (CD, Album)||Mercury||586 459-2||Australia||2001|