The Red Crayola - Soldier-Talk mp3 album
The Red Crayola – Soldier-Talk. Label: Drag City – DC79CD. Format: CD, Album, Promo, Reissue. Soldier-Talk (LP, Album).
The Red Crayola, by 1979, were basically a two-man operation, with Thompson's tremulous warble and spasms of thin, ear-piercing guitar held together by Jesse Chamberlain's clattering drums; some of Soldier-Talk is just the duo building up friction-heat. Still, all of the then-current lineup of Pere Ubu shows up on most of the album, too (along with Lora Logic, whose inimitable out-of-tune sax can be heard here and there).
Live 1967 is a live performance album by the experimental rock band Red Krayola, released on July 28, 1998, by Drag City. The two-disc set comprises the band's performance at the Angry Arts Festival in Los Angeles as well as their sets from various shows at the Berkeley Folk Festival during summer 1967. Like all the music played at the festivals, it is dedicated to the troops positioned in Vietnam.
Issued in 1979 by the short-lived Radar imprint under Warner UK, Soldier Talk is among the loopiest of the Red Krayola's offerings. Featuring Mayo Thompson and Jesse Chamberlain's vocal warbling, with ear-woundingly thin Fender guitar with the treble turned all the way up, and Chamberlain's very jazz-like drumming.
Soldier-Talk is the third studio album by American experimental rock band The Red Crayola. It was released in 1979 by record label Radadr. By this time, Thompson had moved the project to London and expanded the band for this album to include Lora Logic of X-Ray Spex and Essential Logic and all the members of Pere Ub. .
God Bless The Red Krayola And All Who Sail With It by Red Krayola. The Parable Of Arable Land by Red Krayola. View all albums . About.
Soldier-Talk 7:00 B1. Discipline 3:23 B2. X 3:10 B3.
Soldier Talk 07. Discipline 08. X 0. Red Krayola (formerly The Red Crayola) was a psychedelic experimental rock band from Houston, Texas, formed by art students at the University of St. Thomas (Texas) in 1966. The band was led by singer/guitarist and visual artist Mayo Thompson, along with drummer Frederick Barthelme (brother of novelist Donald Barthelme) and Steve Cunningham.
Listen free to The Red Krayola – Soldier-Talk (March n. 2, On the Brink and more). Discover more music, concerts, videos, and pictures with the largest catalogue online at Last.
Tracklist Hide Credits
|A2||On The Brink
Songwriter – Jesse Chamberlain, Mayo Thompson
|B3||An Opposition Spokesman||5:02|
|B4||Uh, Knowledge Dance||2:54|
- Record Company – Radarscope Records Ltd.
- Record Company – Warner Communications
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Radarscope Records Ltd.
- Copyright (c) – Radarscope Records Ltd.
- Published By – Scope Music
- Recorded At – Regents Park Studios
- Recorded At – Kingsway Studios
- Pressed By – CBS Pressing Plant, Aston Clinton
- Printed By – Garrod & Lofthouse Ltd.
- Lacquer Cut By – Pecko* (tracks: B1 to B5), Porky (tracks: A1 to A6)
- Musician – Allen Ravenstine, Christine Thompson, David Thomas , Dick Cuthell, Jesse Chamberlain, Lora Logic, Mayo Thompson, Scott Krauss, Tom Herman, Tony Maimone
- Producer – Geoff Travis, Mayo Thompson
- Recorded By – Steve Lipson*
- Recorded By [Assisted by] – Alan Jacoby*
- Recorded By, Mixed By – Bob Broglia
- Songwriter – Mayo Thompson (tracks: A1, A3 to B5)
Notes© 1979 Radarscope Records Ltd.
Radarscope Records Ltd trading as Radar Records in association with WEA Records Ltd. A Warner Communications Company.
1979 Printed and made in Great Britain by Garrod & Lofthouse Ltd.
Recorded: Regents Park Recorders, Kingsway Recording Studios
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Matrix / Runout (Runout A etched/stamped): RAD . 18 . A - 1 SOUND OFF A PORKY PRIME CUT ∴
- Matrix / Runout (Runout B etched/stamped/etched): RAD - 18 . B - 1 3 ∴ PECKO
|RAD 18||The Red Crayola*||Soldier-Talk (LP, Album)||Radar Records||RAD 18||UK||1979|
|LTM 1026||The Red Crayola*||Soldier-Talk (LP, Album)||Celluloid||LTM 1026||France||1979|
|DC79CD||The Red Crayola*||Soldier-Talk (CD, Album, RE)||Drag City||DC79CD||US||2007|
|BOMB 114, CSPS 1478||The Red Crayola*||Soldier-Talk (LP, Album)||Bomb Records , Rio Records||BOMB 114, CSPS 1478||Canada||1979|
|DC79CD||The Red Crayola*||Soldier-Talk (CD, Album, Promo, RE)||Drag City||DC79CD||US||2007|