Barney Bigard - Giants Of Small Band Swing - Vol.3 mp3 album
BBB & Co. by Barney Bigard. View all albums . Giants Of Small Band Swing – Vo. By: Barney Bigard (, Jazz). 4. Long,Long Journey. 5. Blues Before Dawn. 7. Nine O’ Clock Beer. 9. Can’t Help Loving That Man. 10. Please Don’t Talk About Me When I’m Gone.
Giants Of Small Band Swing - Vo.
Albany Leon "Barney" Bigard (March 3, 1906 – June 27, 1980) was an American jazz clarinetist known for his 15-year tenure with Duke Ellington. He also played tenor saxophone. Bigard was born in New Orleans to a family of Creoles. The son of Alexander and Emanuella Bigard, he had two brothers, Alexander Jr. and Sidney. His uncle, Emile Bigard, was a jazz violinist. He attended local schools and studied music and clarinet with Lorenzo Tio.
Big Band Sweet Bands Swing. Laid-Back/Mellow Sophisticated.
BARNEY BIGARD is a swing music artist. Giants Of Small Band Swing - Vo. LP (Barney Bigard - ) SLP 807 (ID:15320).
Start your shopping here and you'll support All About Jazz in the process. Learn how. About Barney Bigard. Barney Bigard & Art Hodes: Bucket's Got A Hole In It by Mike Neely. ASV Living Era 2004 Delmark Records 2000.
Songs from Giants Of Small-Band Swing Vo. by Dicky Wells' Big Seven, . higginbotham's Big Eight. Free download and listen Giants Of Small-Band Swing Vo. Tracks count: 10. Views: 3. Dicky Wells' Big Seven - Bed Rock 02:53. Sandy Williams' Big Eight - Gee Baby, Ain't I Good To You 03:13. hodges - Mountain Air 02:29. hodges - Chili Con Carney 03:00. hodges - After Hours On Dream Street 03:18. hodges - Sumpin' Jumpin' Around Here 02:57.
|A1||–Etta Jones With Barney Bigard And His Orchestra||Salty Papa Blues|
|A2||–Etta Jones With Barney Bigard And His Orchestra||Evil Gal Blues|
|A3||–Etta Jones With Barney Bigard And His Orchestra||Blow Top Blues|
|A4||–Etta Jones With Barney Bigard And His Orchestra||Long, Long Journey|
|A5||–Barney Bigard And His Orchestra With George Auld*||Blues Before Dawn|
|A6||–Barney Bigard And His Orchestra With George Auld*||Poong-Tang|
|B1||–Barney Bigard And His Orchestra With George Auld*||Nine O' Clock Beer|
|B2||–Barney Bigard And His Orchestra With George Auld*||How Long Blues|
|B3||–Barney Bigard Sextet||Can't Help Loving That Man|
|B4||–Barney Bigard Sextet||Please Don't Talk About Me When I'm Gone|
|B5||–Barney Bigard Sextet||Sweet Marijuana Brown|
|B6||–Barney Bigard Sextet||Blues For Art's Sake|
- Made By – Press & Post Ltd.
- Printed By – Press & Post Ltd.
- Alto Saxophone, Tenor Saxophone – Georgie Auld (tracks: A1 - B2)
- Arranged By – Feather* (tracks: B2)
- Bass – Billy Taylor* (tracks: A1 - B6)
- Clarinet – Barney Bigard (tracks: A1 - B6)
- Drums – Stan Levey (tracks: A1 - B6)
- Guitar – Chuck Wayne (tracks: A1 - B2)
- Layout – Peter Skjold
- Piano – Art Tatum (tracks: B3 - B6), Cyril Haynes (tracks: A6 - B2), Leonard Feather (tracks: A1 - A5)
- Producer – Carl A. Hällström
- Sleeve Notes – Alun Morgan
- Tenor Saxophone – Joe Thomas (tracks: B2 - B6)
- Trumpet – Joe Thomas (tracks: A1 - B6)
- Vocals – Etta Jones (tracks: A1 - A4)
- Written-By – Art Tatum (tracks: B6), Barney Bigard (tracks: A6, B6), Frank Davenport (tracks: B1), Jerome Kern (tracks: B3), Leonard Feather (tracks: A1 - A5, B5), Carr* (tracks: B2), Stept* (tracks: B4), Clare* (tracks: B4)
NotesLabel incorrectly states Vol. 2
Recorded in December 29, 1944 and in January 5, 1945, NYC.
Enregistré les 29 Décembre 1944, et 5 Janvier 1945 à New York.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Rights Society: NCB
|J-4437, Not On Label||Barney Bigard||Black White Masters - Vol.3 (LP, RE)||Discophon, S.A., Storyville||J-4437, Not On Label||Spain||1979|