Milton "Mezz" Mezzrow And His All Star Band - Milton "Mezz" Mezzrow And His All Star Bands mp3 album
Milton Mesirow (November 9, 1899 – August 5, 1972), better known as Mezz Mezzrow, was an American jazz clarinetist and saxophonist from Chicago, Illinois. He is well known for organizing and financing historic recording sessions with Tommy Ladnier and Sidney Bechet. He also recorded a number of times with Bechet and briefly acted as manager for Louis Armstrong
Other Versions (3 of 3) View All. Cat.
Matrix, Runout (Side B): Part. Other Versions (3 of 3) View All.
MEZZROW, MILTON (Mesirow, Mezz; 1899–1972), jazz clarinetist. Born in Chicago, Mezzrow became one of the outstanding representatives of the Chicago style. In the mid-1920s he played occasionally with the Austin High School Gang in Chicago and recorded with the Chicago Rhythm Kings, the Louisiana Rhythm Kings, and Eddie Condon. During the early 1950s Mezzrow moved to France, where he worked as an entrepreneur, organizing all-star touring bands, and appeared in the films Vedettes en pantoufles (1953) and Premier festival Européen de jazz (1954). His recordings include Really the Blues (1938); Royal Garden Blues (1938); Comin' On with the Come On (1938); Revolutionary Blues (1938); Gone Away Blues (1945); Out of the Gallion (1945); Really the Blues (1947); and Mezz Mezzrow à la Schola Cantorum (1955).
Milton Mezz Mezzrow and his Orchestra: Revolutionary Blues, Tommy's Blues, Royal Graden Blues и другие песни. Вся дискография, Радио, Концерты, рекомендации и похожие исполнители. 2012 Remastered Version, Including Billie Holiday, Charlie Parker, Ella Fitzgerald. we've improved your Playlist of the day and other smart playlists.
Biography by Scott Yanow. A fixture in the early NYC jazz scene, later a Parisian legend, and a staunch defender of civil rights. See Full Discography.
Mezz Mezzrow And His Swing Band. Mezzrow-Bechet Quintet. Mezzrow-Bechet Septet. Mezzrow-Ladnier Quintet - I Ain't Gonna Give Nobody None O' This Jerry Roll 03:04. Mezz Mezzrow And His Orchestra - Swingin' For Mezz (Careless Love) 03:12. Mezz Mezzrow And His Oechestra - Apologies 03:22. Mezz Mezzrow And His Oechestra - 35Th And Calumet 02:51. Mezz Mezzrow And His Oechestra - Dissonance 02:55. Complete Jazz Series 1947 - 1951 - Mezz Mezzrow. American Swinging In Paris - Mezz Mezzrow. Complete Jazz Series 1947 - Mezz Mezzrow.
|A1||Sendin' The Vipers|
|A3||35th And Calumet|
|A4||Old Fashioned Love|
|B1||Blues In Disguise|
|B2||Hot Club Stomp|
|B3||That's How I Feel Today|
|B4||Swing Session's Called To Order|
- Alto Saxophone – Benny Carter (tracks: A1 - A4), Milton "Mezz" Mezzrow* (tracks: A1 - A4)
- Arranged By – Alex Hill* (tracks: A4), Edgar Sampson (tracks: B1 - B3), Floyd O'Brien (tracks: A3), Larry Clinton (tracks: B4), Milton "Mezz" Mezzrow* (tracks: A1 - B3)
- Bass – John Kirby (tracks: A1 - A4), Pops Foster (tracks: B1 - B4)
- Clarinet – Milton "Mezz" Mezzrow*
- Drums – Chick Webb (tracks: A1 - A4), James Crawford* (tracks: B1 - B4)
- Guitar – Bernard Addison (tracks: B1 - B4)
- Liner Notes – Hugues Panassié
- Piano – Sonny White (tracks: B1 - B4), Willie Smith "Le Lion"* (tracks: A1 - A4)
- Tenor Saxophone – Bud Freeman (tracks: A1 - A4), Happy Cauldwell* (tracks: B1 - B4)
- Trombone – Floyd O'Brien (tracks: A1 - A4), J.C. Higginbotham (tracks: B1 - B4)
- Trumpet – Chelsea Quealey (tracks: A1 - A4), Max Kaminsky (tracks: A1 - A4), Ronald Jones* (tracks: A1 - A4), Sy Oliver (tracks: B1 - B4)
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Matrix / Runout (A side stamped): 71E5VL 262 2G
- Matrix / Runout (B side stamped): 71E5VL 263 2G
|A 130 219||Milton "Mezz" Mezzrow And His All Star Band*||Milton "Mezz" Mezzrow And His All Star Band (10", Album, Mono)||RCA||A 130 219||France||1955|