Katrina And The Waves - Katrina And The Waves mp3 album
Katrina and the Waves (sometimes written as Katrina and The Waves) were a British-American rock band best known for the 1985 hit "Walking on Sunshine". They also won the 1997 Eurovision Song Contest with the song "Love Shine a Light". The band's earliest incarnation was as The Waves, a group that played in and around Cambridge, England, from 1975 to 1977 and featured guitarist Kimberley Rew and drummer Alex Cooper.
Waves (Katrina and the Waves album). Waves is the fourth album by new wave band Katrina and the Waves, released in 1986 (see 1986 in music). Is That It?" (Kimberley Rew). Tears for Me" (Katrina Leskanich). Sun Street" (Vince De La Cruz). Lovely Lindsey" (Kimberley Rew). Riding Shotgun" (Katrina Leskanich). Sleep on My Pillow" (Vince De La Cruz). Money Chain" (Vince De La Cruz). Mr. Star" (Katrina Leskanich). Love That Boy" (Katrina Leskanich).
Katrina And The Waves were a successful, female-fronted, four piece rock band during the 1980s and 90s, built around the infectiously melodic, sixties-influenced songs of Kimberly Rew (former guitarist for The Soft Boys) and the distinctively powerful vocals of Katrina Leskanich. The group were best known for their evergreen, step-lightening 1985 hit single "Walking On Sunshine" and their landslide 1997 Eurovision Song Contest victory with the song "Love Shine A Light".
Walking on Sunshine (Katrina and the Waves album), 1983. Walking on Sunshine" (Katrina and the Waves song). Walking on Sunshine" (Jennifer Lopez song), 2001. Walking on Sunshine (film), a 2014 film. Walking on Sunshine (Katrina and the Waves album). It has also been remastered and re-released with four bonus tracks on CD, under the title Katrina and the Waves (recognizable by the black and white cover, and not to be confused with the band's self-titled 1985 album, which contains revamped tracks from this and the following album, Katrina and the Waves 2). To complicate things further, a later greatest. hits album by the band is also called Walking on Sunshine
Katrina and the Waves Tracklist. 1. Red Wine and Whisky Lyrics. 2. Do You Want Crying Lyrics. 6. Walking on Sunshine Lyrics. About Katrina and the Waves. Katrina and the Waves Q&A. Producers Pat Collier. Writers Kimberley Rew & Vince de la Cruz. More Katrina and the Waves albums. Show all albums by Katrina and the Waves.
album: "Katrina And The Waves 2" (1984). Do You Want Crying Cry For Me Red Wine And Whisky. album: "Waves" (1986). Is That It? Sun Street Sleep On My Pillow. album: "Break Of Hearts" (1989). That's The Way To Have And To Hold Rock Myself To Sleep. album: "Walk On Water" (1997).
Tracklist Hide Credits
|A1||Red Wine And Whiskey
Backing Vocals – Wendy NichollRhythm Guitar – Vince De La Cruz
|A2||Do You Want Crying
Lead Guitar – Katrina LeskanichOrgan – Alan Chaney
|A3||Que Te Quiero||3:20|
|A4||Machine Gun Smith
Lead Guitar – Katrina LeskanichSynthesizer – Alex Cooper
|A5||Cry For Me
Backing Vocals – Wendy NichollOrgan – Nick Glennie-Smith
|B1||Walking On Sunshine
Arranged By [Brass] – Eamon FitzpatrickOrgan – Nick Glennie-Smith
|B2||Going Down To Liverpool
Organ – Nick Glennie-SmithRhythm Guitar – Vince De La Cruz
Backing Vocals – Wendy NichollOrgan – Kimberley Rew
|B4||The Sun Won't Shine
Backing Vocals – Wendy NichollOrgan – Kimberley Rew
|B5||The Game Of Love
Rhythm Guitar – Vince De La Cruz
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Capitol Records, Inc.
- Copyright (c) – Capitol Records, Inc.
- Pressed By – EMI Electrola GmbH
- Printed By – 4P Nicolaus GMBH
- Recorded At – Alaska Studios
- Recorded At – Greenhouse Studio, London
- Mixed At – Power Station
- Mastered At – Masterdisk
- Bass, Backing Vocals – Vince De La Cruz
- Brass – Rumour Brass Section*
- Design – Manhattan Design, Pat Gorman
- Drums, Backing Vocals, Percussion – Alex Cooper
- Engineer [Assistant] – Jon Goldberger
- Lead Guitar, Backing Vocals – Kimberley Rew
- Management – C.G.B. Management, Carmina Gomez-Blanco
- Mastered By – Bob Ludwig
- Mixed By, Engineer, Producer [Additional Production] – Scott Litt
- Photography By – Caroline Greyshock
- Producer – Katrina And The Waves, Pat Collier
- Vocals, Rhythm Guitar – Katrina Leskanich
- Written-By – Kimberley Rew (tracks: A1, A3 to B2, B4, B5), Vince De La Cruz (tracks: A2, B3)
NotesRecorded at Alaska and Greenhouse Studios, London, England.
Mixed at Power Station, N.Y.C.
Mastered at Masterdisk.
Winter of 1984/85.
(P) 1985 Capitol Rec., Inc.
1st Category appears on rear sleeve.
2nd Category appears on spine
3rd Category appears on labels
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 5 099924 031516
- Matrix / Runout (Variant 1 - runout A, stamped): 2403151-A3-C
- Matrix / Runout (Variant 1 & 2 - runout B, stamped): 2403151-B3-C
- Matrix / Runout (Variant 2 - runout A, stamped): 2403151-A2-C
- Matrix / Runout (Variant 3 - runout A, stamped): 2403151-A1-C
- Matrix / Runout (Variant 3 - runout B, stamped): 2403151-B1-C
- Rights Society: GEMA / STEMRA
- Label Code: LC 0148
- Other (Embossed logo on rear sleeve): EMI
|ST-12400||Katrina And The Waves||Katrina And The Waves (LP, Album)||Capitol Records||ST-12400||US||1985|
|S21-57641||Katrina And The Waves||Katrina And The Waves (CD, Album)||CEMA Special Markets||S21-57641||Canada||1992|
|2403151||Katrina And The Waves||Katrina And The Waves (LP, Album)||Capitol Records||2403151||Portugal||1985|
|1A 264 24 0315 4||Katrina And The Waves||Katrina And The Waves (Cass, Album)||Capitol Records, EMI||1A 264 24 0315 4||Netherlands||1985|
|8299||Katrina And The Waves||Katrina And The Waves (LP, Album)||Capitol Records, EMI||8299||Argentina||1985|