Ciccone Youth - The Whitey Album mp3 album
Exclusively for Prime members. And while Ciccone Youth retains the band’s caustic experimentation, it’s distinct enough from their regular albums to justify the name change. Named after the surname of Madonna (Louise Ciccone), the band’s only album views the decade through a funhouse mirror and then breaks it into shards.
Ciccone Youth –Whitey Album. Ciccone Youth –Burnin Up (Mike Watt Original Demo).
The Whitey Album is also an off-hand reference to the band's desire to cover The Beatles' self-titled album in it's entirety, something that I would truly love to hear. These ideas can be found as early as March 1986, during the recording sessions of EVOL, where Sonic Youth intended a few tracks to be included on a Madonna tribute 7" that apparently never happened. The basic sound of The Whitey Album can only be summed up in a listing of crap contained within the songs: drum machines, beat boxing, freestyle rapping, noise collages, Madonna covers, rickety percussion, and general artistic hilarity. Needle Gun" opens the album with percussive clanks, static, and tuneless mumbling, and is followed by a minute of silence appropriately listed as "(silence)". G-Force", like many of the songs on the album, features Fly Fly Away's confusing psuedo-rants that are more artistically retarded than intelligent.
Written-By – Ciccone Youth (tracks: A1 to A6, B1 to B3, B5 to B8). Notes. The Neu! track the two cool rock chicks are talking over is "Negativland" Track A7 is the original demo on 4-track cassette.
Sonic Youth’s 5th studio album was released on 18 October 1988. The double album was the band’s last release on an independent label under their own name (they released The Whitey Album in 1989 as Ciccione Youth). The cover art uses paintings by Gerhard Richter, including Kerze ( Candle ). Despite overwhelming critical praise (it was ranked in both Rolling Stone and The Village Voice’s best of year lists), it did not chart in the US (it peaked at in the UK). gregorygalloway. Ciccone Youth - Macbeth (1988). This is one of the best songs Sonic Youth ever made.
Altri album di Ciccone Youth. only resorts to degraded images as part of its information feed.
Tracklist Hide Credits
|6||Me & Jill / Hendrix Cosby||5:31|
|7||Burnin' Up (Mike Watt Orig. Demo)
Recorded By – Mike WattWritten-By – Madonna
|9||Children Of Satan / Third Fig||3:07|
|10||Two Cool Rock Chicks Listening To Neu
Featuring [Red Head] – Suzanne Sasic
|11||Addicted To Love
Written-By – Robert Palmer
|13||March Of The Ciccone Robots||1:57|
|14||Making The Nature Scene||3:15|
|15||Tuff Titty Rap||0:39|
|16||Into The Groovey
Engineer – Martin BisiWritten-By – Madonna, Bray*
|17||Untitled (Macbeth II)||5:15|
- Distributed By – BMG
- Copyright (c) – Geffen Records, Inc.
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Geffen Records, Inc.
- Made By – Sonopress – K-3123
- Published By – Sonik Tooth
- Published By – Zomba Songs Inc.
- Published By – Wb Music Corp.
- Published By – Bleu Disque Music Co., Inc.
- Published By – Webo Girl Publishing, Inc.
- Published By – Bungalow Music N.V.
- Published By – PolyGram International Publishing, Inc.
- Recorded At – Wharton's Palace Of Confusion
- Recorded At – BC Studio
- Mixed At – BC Studio
- Mastered At – Masterdisk
- Artwork [Xerox] – Todd's Copy Shop, NYC
- Engineer – Wharton Tiers (tracks: 1 to 6, 8 to 15, 17)
- Guitar [Additional] – J Mascis
- Liner Notes – Mike Watt
- Mastered By – Howie Weinberg
- Producer, Directed By – Ciccone Youth (tracks: 1 to 6, 8 to 17)
- Voice – Suzanne Sasic (tracks: 10)
- Written-By – Ciccone Youth (tracks: 1 to 6, 8 to 10, 12 to 15, 17)
Notes© & ℗ 1988 Geffen Records, Inc.
Made in the EC
Made in Germany
Recorded and Mixed Nov. 1987 - Jan. 1988 at Wharton's Palace of confusion, NYC.
track 16 rec/mix at Before Christ, Brooklyn, March 1986
track 7 as done by Mike Watt in San Pedro, California, May 1986
(the original demo on 4-track cassette)
All songs by Ciccone Youth (Sonik Tooth (adm. by Zomba Songs, Inc.) BMI) except
track 7 (WB Music Corp./Bleu Disque Music Co., Inc./Webo Girl Publishing, Inc. ASCAP)
track 11 [...] (Bungalow Music N.V. adm. by PolyGram International Publishing, Inc. ASCAP)
track 16 [...] (WB Music Corp./Bleu Disque Music Co., Inc./Webo Girl Publishing, Inc./PolyGram International Publishing, Inc. ASCAP)
Issued in a standard black tray jewel case with a 12-page fold out insert.
Unfolded the latter has a mini poster on one side (a collage of four photos, one of them showing J Mascis),
and tracklist, credits, and liner notes by Mike Watt on the other side.
Track 17 is untitled but is generally referred to as 'Macbeth II'.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode (Text): 7 20642 45162 5
- Barcode (String): 720642451625
- Label Code (On CD): LC 7260
- Label Code (On back cover): LC 7266
- Matrix / Runout (Variant 1): SONOPRESS K-3123 / GED24516 A DS3
- Matrix / Runout (Variant 2): [unknown]
- Matrix / Runout (Variant 3): SONOPRESS K-3123 / GED24516 B
- Mastering SID Code: IFPI L023
- Mould SID Code (Variant 1): IFPI 0718
- Mould SID Code (Variant 2): IFPI 0713
- Mould SID Code (Variant 3): IFPI 0997
- Price Code (F:): BM 720
- SPARS Code: AAD
- Rights Society: BIEM/GEMA
- Rights Society: BMI
- Rights Society: ASCAP
|7 75402-1||Ciccone Youth||The Whitey Album (LP, Album)||Enigma Records , Blast First||7 75402-1||US||1989|
|GA-289||Ciccone Youth||The Whitey Album (LP, Album)||Gasa, Blast First||GA-289||Spain||1989|
|B0006132-02||Ciccone Youth||The Whitey Album (CD, Album, RE, RM)||Geffen Records||B0006132-02||US||2006|
|DIDI 130, Di Di 130||Ciccone Youth||The Whitey Album (LP, Album)||Di Di Music, Di Di Music, Blast First, Blast First||DIDI 130, Di Di 130||Greece||1989|
|BFFP 28C||Ciccone Youth||The Whitey Album (Cass, Album)||Blast First||BFFP 28C||UK||1989|