Larkin Grimm - Parplar mp3 album
Larkin Grimm (born September 18, 1981) is an American singer-songwriter and musician based out of New York City. She was born in Memphis, Tennessee. The Grimm family owns a music store in Dahlonega, Georgia, where she grew up. At age 20 dropped out of Yale University and moved to Alaska, where she hiked and began to experiment with singing.
Parplar's lead track, "They Were Wrong", is one of those thrilling numbers, a spooky portrait of loss and mental disintegration in which Grimm's voice develops a subtle shake through its stark four-minute ru. But the album makes just as many awkward, even confounding, moves, and Grimm frontloads it with her creepiest cuts. Ride That Cyclone", with its retro Western stylings and eye-rolling double entendres, is as catchy- and gimmicky- as a carnival tune.
Larkin Grimm – Parplar. Label: Young God Records – YG37. Format: CD, Album, Digipack. Vocals, Classical Guitar, Acoustic Guitar, Dobro, Banjo, Dulcimer, Performer, Keyboards, Frame Drum, Tambourine, Autoharp – Larkin Grimm. Released as a Digipak.
Is Parplar the best album by Larkin Grimm? BestEverAlbums. com brings together thousands of 'greatest ever album' charts and calculates an overall ranking. This album At A Glance. Parplar by Larkin Grimm (2008) Release date: 2008-10-28 Overall rank: 68,244th. Accolades: Top albums of 2008 ( 1,813th ). Top albums of the 2000s ( 16,106th ). Best albums of all time ( 68,244th ).
Other albums by Larkin Grimm. Parplar might be in some ways a folk record, or at least a folky singer/songwriter one. But if so, it's at the freakiest margins of those genres - not in a distasteful outsider way, but in a pretty impressive and certainly very eclectic one. A major aspect of that eclecticism is the sheer number of instruments employed, including not just Larkin Grimm's own acoustic guitar, dulcimer banjo, Casio, and Chinese harp, but also accordion, dobro, viola, trumpet, violin, trombone, electric guitar, and more by numerous supporting musicians.
Features Song Lyrics for Larkin Grimm's Parplar album. Dominican Rum Lyrics. Larkin Grimm Lyrics provided by SongLyrics. All Music News . Popular Larkin Grimm Lyrics.
This album has an average beat per minute of BPM (slowest/fastest tempos:, BPM). See its BPM profile at the bottom of the page. Album starts at BPM, ends at BPM (+0), with tempos within the -BPM range. Try refreshing the page if dots are missing). Recent albums by Larkin Grimm.
Parplar by Larkin Grimm (2008-10-28). Larkin Grimm sulle dichiarazioni di Michael Gira: è un’ammissione di colpevolezza.
Tracklist Hide Credits
|A1||They Were Wrong||3:42|
|A2||Ride That Cyclone||3:58|
|A3||Blond And Golden Johns||3:04|
Vocals – Blueberry , Saoirse*, Siobhan N. Duffy Gira*
|B1||Be My Host||2:58|
|B4||Anger In Your Liver||1:33|
|B5||All The Pleasures In The World||1:27|
|B6||Fall On Your Knees||2:48|
|B7||How To Catch A Lizard||1:52|
Vocals [Uncredited] – Michael Gira
|B9||Hope For The Hopeless
Electric Guitar – Jason LaFargeVocals – Samuel (S.T. Grossmark IV) James*
- Banjo, Guitar, Drums [Drum Kit], Vocals – Caleb Mulkerin
- Double Bass [Upright], Acoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar, Slide Guitar, Dobro – Micah Blue Smaldone
- Double Bass [Upright], Goblet Drum [Doumbek], Tambourine, Vocals – Chriss Sutherland
- Dulcimer [Hammered] – Phil Puelo*
- Fiddle – Eszter Balint
- Guest [Special Guests] – Fire On Fire
- Lap Steel Guitar, Bass, Synthesizer, Organ, Electric Guitar – Kenny Siegal
- Layout – Earl Kuck
- Mastered By – Fred Kevorkian
- Mixed By, Engineer – Bryce Goggin
- Painting – Lauren Beck
- Percussion [Brushes], Synthesizer , Electric Piano [Rhodes], Tambourine – Tom Van Buskirk
- Photography By [CD Tray Photo] – Jim Gabenus
- Piano, Glockenspiel, Vibraphone – Blueberry
- Producer – Larkin Grimm, Michael Gira
- Producer [Additional] – Kenny Siegal
- Recorded By [Additional], Engineer [Additional] – Jason LaFarge
- Recorded By, Engineer – Kenny Siegal
- Technician [Assistant] – Adam Sachs, Gwen Snyder, Merrit Jacob
- Trombone – Steve Moses
- Trumpet, Trumpet [Slide] – Brian Carpenter
- Viola – Jordan Voelker
- Vocals [Throat Singing] – Arrington De Dionyso
- Vocals, Classical Guitar, Acoustic Guitar, Dobro, Banjo, Dulcimer [Lap], Guzheng [Gu-zheng], Keyboards [Casio], Frame Drum, Tambourine [Egyptian], Autoharp – Larkin Grimm
NotesRecorded/mixed February-July 2008. Recorded at Old Soul Studio, Catskill, NY. Additional recording at Seizure's Palace, Brooklyn, NY.
Mixed at Trout Recording, Brooklyn, NY
Michael Gira is given credit for vocals on "Parplar II" but there is no track called "Parplar II". His vocals instead appear, though are not credited, on "The Dip"
|YG37||Larkin Grimm||Parplar (CD, Album, Dig)||Young God Records||YG37||US||2008|
|YG37||Larkin Grimm||Parplar (CD, Album, Promo)||Young God Records||YG37||US||2008|
|YG37||Larkin Grimm||Parplar (15xFile, MP3, VBR)||Young God Records||YG37||US||2008|