Tom Waits - Big Time mp3 album
Big Time is the first conventional live album by American musician Tom Waits, featuring performances from two shows on Waits' 1987 tour. The album was released less than a year later on Island Records. While Big Time was the first released recording of public concert performances by Waits, it was not strictly his first live release: his 1975 Nighthawks at the Diner was a live performance before an audience that was conducted entirely within a recording studio.
The 18 tracks on the live Big Time are culled mostly from Tom Waits' trio of albums, Swordfishtrombones, Rain Dogs, and Franks Wild Years from the same period. With a previously unreleased track – "Falling Down – and Waits’ debut performance of "Strange Weather," written for Marianne Faithfull, this album puts all of Waits’ live brilliance on display. Missing is that core experience of a Tom Waits performance, the between-song banter, so much a centerpiece of the earlier live album Nighthawks at the Diner, and one he returns to in a big way on Glitter and Doom Live.
Big Time is an 18-track live album running nearly 68 minutes, its material drawn mostly from Tom Waits' trio of recent studio albums, Swordfishtrombones, Rain Dogs, and Franks Wild Years. One track, "Falling Down," is a previously unissued studio recording. The performance of "Strange Weather" marks Waits' first recording of a song he and his wife, Kathleen Brennan, wrote for Marianne Faithfull. Waits' performances tended to be somewhat over the top on the studio versions of these songs, but before a live audience his theatrics seem more appropriate, and he even includes a mini-set of piano ballads. Still, it takes him until the seventh tune, "Way Down in the Hole," to bring the audience to life, and he rarely speaks, in marked contrast to the earlier live-in-the-studio album Nighthawks at the Diner.
Big Time (LP, Album). Big Time (CD, Album, RE, PMD). Island, Island, Island Masters, Island Masters.
Island publish Tom Waits’ first live album : ‘Big Time’ (1988). Tom Waits’ ‘Big Time’ is his first live album released in September 1988 by Island. Source Tom Waits’ ‘Big Time’ Official Site). If not the best means of an introduction, however, it would probably not be harmful as such - the reader is left to his own discretion accordingly.
Нравится слушателям: The Doors, Jethro Tull, The Rolling Stones. Orphans: Brawlers, Bawlers & Bastards. The Complete Kfpk Folkscene Broadcasts. Minneapolis Drive Time. Cold Beer on a Hot Night. Tom Waits Live, Round Midnight. Listen to Me. Tom Waits. The Dime Store Novels Vo. Mercy and Grand - The Music of Tom Waits and Kathleen Brennan. Gavin Bryars, Jess Walker, Tom Waits, Kathleen Brennan. Bad As Me.
You can get here Big Time Album Lyrics, Tracklist, Videos, Cover Picture and More. Tom Waits Blood Money. Tom Waits The Black Rider. Tom Waits Heartattack And Vine. Tom Waits One From the Heart. Tom Waits Eurovisions (disc 2). Gloria Gaynor I Will Survive. Coldplay A Rush Of Blood To The Head.
Big Time is the first conventional live album by American musician Tom Waits, featuring performances from two shows on Waits' 1987 tour.
|1||Just Another Sucker On The Vine (Instrumental)|
|2||Frank's Wild Years|
|4||Way Down In The Hole|
|5||Hang On St. Christopher|
|6||Telephone Call From Istambul|
|7||Cold Cold Ground|
|8||Straight To The Top|
|10||Gun Street Girl|
|11||9th And Hennepin|
|16||16 Shells From A 30.6|
|17||I'll Take New York|
|19||Innocent When You Dream|
|20||Big Black Mariah|
- Copyright (c) – Island Visual Arts
- Recorded At – The Warfield
- Recorded At – The Wiltern
NotesFilmed in November 1987 at the Warfield Theatre in San Francisco and the Wiltern Theatre in Los Angeles
Approx. Running Time 87 Mins.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 021219060036
|IVA 015||Tom Waits||Big Time (VHS)||Island Visual Arts||IVA 015||UK||1988|
|082 978 3||Tom Waits||Big Time (VHS)||Polygram Video||082 978 3||UK||1988|
|082 978 3||Tom Waits||Big Time (DVD-V, Unofficial)||Polygram Video||082 978 3||Unknown|
|SM047-5608||Tom Waits||Big Time (Laserdisc, 12", NTSC)||Polystar||SM047-5608||Japan||1988|
|V-F-100-L 4 02305 7||Tom Waits||Big Time (VHS)||Jugoton, Island Visual Arts||V-F-100-L 4 02305 7||Yugoslavia||1988|
Tracklist Hide Credits
|1||16 Shells From A 30.6||4:10|
|4||Cold Cold Ground||3:18|
|5||Straight To The Top||2:45|
|6||Yesterday Is Here||2:57|
|7||Way Down In The Hole||4:26|
Double Bass – Larry TaylorDrums – Richie HaywardGuitar – Fred TackettMixed By – Biff DawesOrgan, Vocals – Tom Waits
|10||Big Black Mariah||2:41|
|15||Telephone Call From Istanbul||4:15|
|17||Gun Street Girl||4:00|
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Island Records Inc.
- Copyright (c) – Island Records Inc.
- Record Company – ЗАО "Юниверсал Мьюзик"
- Manufactured By – ООО "Астико-Центр"
- Mixed At – Sunset Sound
- Published By – Warner Chappell Music Ltd.
- Pressed By – UEP-CD
- Accordion, Organ [Hammond], Sitar, Congas – Willie Schwarz* (tracks: 1 to 7, 9 to 18)
- Artwork [Cover, Back Cover] – Bruce Peterson , Lucinda Cowell
- Bass, Bass [Basstarda], Alto Horn – Greg Cohen (tracks: 1 to 7, 9 to 18)
- Drums, Percussion, Bongos, Drums [Brake] – Michael Blair (tracks: 1 to 7, 9 to 18)
- Engineer [Associate] – Billy Yodelman, David Glover, David Knight , Doug Field, Jack Crymes, Mark Eschelman*, Mike Carver, Mike Kloster, Scott Woodman
- Guitar, Banjo, Trumpet – Marc Ribot (tracks: 1 to 7, 9 to 18)
- Mastered By – Howie Weinberg
- Producer – Kathleen Brennan, Tom Waits
- Recorded By, Mixed By [Live] – John Oster (tracks: 2, 5, 10, 14, 16, 18)
- Remix – Biff Dawes (tracks: 1, 3, 4, 6, 7, 9, 11 to 13, 15, 17)
- Saxophone, Clarinet, Baritone Horn – Ralph Carney (tracks: 1 to 7, 9 to 18)
- Written-By – Greg Cohen (tracks: 5), Kathleen Brennan (tracks: 6, 9), Tom Waits
NotesRecorded live in Los Angeles, San Francisco, Dublin, Stockholm and Berlin - except track 8; recorded at Sunset Sound, LA.
Packaged in a Jewel case with 4-page leaflet.
Total Time: 67'43" (not specified, retrieved on CD player)
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 042284247092
- Matrix / Runout: UL 030025
- Matrix / Runout: UEP-CD www.disc.ru
- Mastering SID Code: IFPI L641
- Mould SID Code: IFPI UN14
- Other (moulded around the center): ООО "Астико-Центр" Лицензия МПТР России и ВАФ № 77-40
|209 363||Tom Waits||Big Time (LP, Album)||Island Records||209 363||Europe||1988|
|IMCD 249, 842 470-2||Tom Waits||Big Time (CD, Album, RE, PMD)||Island, Island, Island Masters, Island Masters||IMCD 249, 842 470-2||Europe||Unknown|
|422-842 470-2||Tom Waits||Big Time (CD, Album, RE)||Island Records||422-842 470-2||US||Unknown|
|TC-VG-71477||Tom Waits||Big Time (Cass, Album)||Island Records||TC-VG-71477||Greece||1988|
|VG-71477, VG 71477||Tom Waits||Big Time (LP, Album)||Island Records, Island Records||VG-71477, VG 71477||Greece||1988|