Weekend - La Varieté mp3 album
La Varieté (LP, Album). Rough Trade, Base Record. This album is more jazz than rock, I reckon. Not sure of pop rock either. The genre is incorrect I think.
Tracklist: 1. The End Of The Affair, 2. Weekend Stroll, 3. Summerdays, 4. Carnival Headache, 5. Drum Beat For Baby, 6. A Life In The Day Of (Part 1), 7. A Life In The Day Of (Part 2), 8. Sleepy Theory, 9. Woman’s Eyes, 10. Weekend Off, 11. Red Planes, 12. Nostalgia.
Is La Varieté the best album by Weekend (UK)? BestEverAlbums. com brings together thousands of 'greatest ever album' charts and calculates an overall ranking. This album At A Glance. La Varieté by Weekend (UK) (1982) Overall rank: 22,478th.
Listen free to Weekend – La Variete (The End of the Affair, Weekend Stroll and more). Discover more music, concerts, videos, and pictures with the largest catalogue online at Last.
Listen to La Variete by Weekend on Deezer.
Weekend - La Variete (2006 Cherry Red + Bonus)/ - . 0. Weekend - La Variete (2006 Cherry Red + Bonus)/16 - A View From Her Room (12 inch version). Weekend - La Variete (2006 Cherry Red + Bonus)/cover. Weekend - La Variete (2006 Cherry Red + Bonus)/08 - Sleepy Theory.
2006 expanded reissue of the 1982 album featuring nine bonus tracks! This trio, which featured former Young Marble Giants vocalist Alison Statton alongside guitarists Simon Booth and Spike, pre-dated the Jazz/Pop boom of the mid-to-late '80s (Sade, Carmel, Everything But the Girl) and still sounds as fresh and exciting as it did 25 years ago.
La Variete was released in 1982 on the Rough Trade label and made it to no. 4 in the independent charts staying there for 15 weeks. It was revered by critics on release as a bold new departure from the prevailing post-punk ethos and served as a major influence on Saint Etienne, the Sundays, Belle and Sebastian and many others.
|1||The End Of The Affair||3:05|
|5||Drum Beat For Baby||2:57|
|6||Life In The Day Of Part 1||3:49|
|7||Life In The Day Of Part 2||2:23|
|13||Red Planes (Demo)||8:58|
|16||A View From Her Room (12 Inch Version)||8:11|
|17||Leaves Of Spring||2:40|
|18||Past Meets Present||3:38|
|20||Drum Beat For Baby (12 Inch Version)||4:17|
- Recorded At – Power Plant Studios
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Rough Trade
- Copyright (c) – Cherry Red Records Ltd.
- Distributed By – Pinnacle
- Manufactured By – www.keyproduction.co.uk
- Arranged By – Robbin Millar*, Weekend
- Arranged By [Strings] – Spike
- Arranged By [Strings], Double Bass, Violin – Dave Harwood
- Baritone Saxophone – Olaf Vaz* (tracks: 16, 17)
- Baritone Saxophone, Tenor Saxophone – Larry Stabbins
- Bass – Philip Moxham (tracks: 3, 4, 10, 15)
- Drums – Roy Dodd
- Flugelhorn – Harry Beckett (tracks: 16, 17)
- Guitar – Simon Booth
- Guitar, Viola – Spike
- Percussion – Dawson Millar*
- Producer – Robin Millar
- Producer, Arranged By – Simon Jeffes (tracks: 18, 19)
- Recorded By, Mixed By – Norman Mighell
- Recorded By, Mixed By [Assitant] – Chaz Harrowell*
- Trombone – Annie Whitehead (tracks: 4)
- Vocals, Bass Guitar – Alison Statton
- Written-By – Statton* (tracks: 1, 3, 5 to 11, 13, 15 to 20), Hodell* (tracks: 12, 14), Stabbins* (tracks: 2, 6, 7), Moxham* (tracks: 3, 15), Booth* (tracks: 1 to 3, 6, 7, 15 to 17), Spike (tracks: 1, 3, 5 to 7, 9 to 17, 20), Moxham* (tracks: 4)
NotesLa Varieté the French term for popular radio, everything that's not heavy rock; music drawing on diversity and depth. This album is a meeting of songs and improvisations created with other weekenders.
Tracks 1-12 mixed and recorded during July - August 1982 at Power Plant Studio Willesden.
℗ 1982-1984 Rough Trade © 2006 Cherry Red Records Ltd.
Made in the E.U.
Seemingly otherwise identical to GZ Digital Media pressing:
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 5 013929 130128
- Mastering SID Code: IFPI LY34
- Mould SID Code: IFPI AEW39
- Matrix / Runout: www.keyproduction.co.uk CDMRED301 03
|ROUGH 39||Weekend||La Varieté (LP, Album)||Rough Trade||ROUGH 39||UK||1982|
|CDM RED 301||Weekend||La Varieté (CD, Album, RE)||Cherry Red||CDM RED 301||UK||2006|
|ROUGH 39||Weekend||La Varieté (LP, Album)||Rough Trade, Base Record||ROUGH 39||Italy||1982|
|XM5S-39||Weekend||La Varieté (Cass, Album)||Sire||XM5S-39||Canada||1983|
|43029l||Weekend||La Varieté (LP, Album)||Nuevos Medios||43029l||Spain||1982|