Utopia - Todd Rundgren's Utopia mp3 album
Todd Rundgren's Utopia is the debut album by the American band Todd Rundgren's Utopia. Rundgren (who was primarily a pop musician at the time) had decided to delve into progressive rock. Putting together several musicians, including three keyboardists, the album covers a variety of styles including funk, jazz, classical and even avant-garde music.
Todd Rundgren's Utopia is a music studio album recording by UTOPIA (Eclectic Prog/Progressive Rock) released in 1974 on cd, lp, vinyl and/or cassette. Todd Rundgren - Utopia Live in Columbus Ohio 1980 Dolby Sanctuary Records 2003.
For much of the double-album Todd, Todd Rundgren was exploring weird instrumental avenues, creating a warped, synth-fueled variation of prog rock. This wasn't the culmination of the weirdness A Wizard, A True Star initiated - it was merely the beginning. Not long after completing Todd, Rundgren assembled Utopia, a prog rock group with no less than three synth players, plus guitar, bass and drums
This 1974 debut by Todd Rundgren's outfit Utopia really is great and a lot of fun to listen to. It is progressive rock that is loaded with catchy riffs so it appeals to me on a number of levels. There is also a hard rock element too, which sets the album apart from a lot of the English and Continental European prog rock at the time.
Album · 1973 · 4 Songs. See All. Another Live (August 1975). Rhino Hi-Five: Utopia - EP. 2006. Adventures In Utopia.
Just saw them for the first time in more than thirty years, and they opened with the Utopia Theme! What a fucking charge to see after all these years. Saw Todd and Utopia Thursday night at Detroit's Fillmore theater. They opened with the first track off this album. Rundgren is massively underrated as a guitarist. This is a monumentally good album - the Utopia Theme greatly influenced my music career from when I first heard it in 1975. 5 months ago. I used to rock out on this when I was 15.
On this debut album, TR's U plays extended compositions - three of the four tracks run over 10 minutes each, with "The Ikon" clocking in over half an hour - in a hard rock/heavy metal/progressive rock mode with little of Rundgren's usual melodic appeal. 1 Utopia Theme Utopia 14:26. 2 Freak Parade Utopia 10:17. 3 Freedom Fighters Utopia 4:4. 4 The Ikon Utopia 30:23.
- Distributed By – Warner Bros. Records Inc.
- Manufactured By – Warner Bros. Records Inc.
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Warner Bros. Records Inc.
- Copyright (c) – Bearsville Records
- Published By – Earmark Music Inc.
- Recorded At – Secret Sound
- Mastered At – Sterling Sound
- Pressed By – Keel Mfg. Corp.
- Bass, Cello – John Siegler
- Design, Illustration – Haruo Miyauchi
- Engineer [Assistant] – David Le Sage
- Guitar – Todd Rundgren
- Keyboards – Moogy Klingman*, Ralph Schuckett
- Mastered By – Bob Ludwig
- Percussion – Kevin Ellman
- Producer, Engineer – Todd Rundgren
- Recorded By – Bearsville Location Recorders
- Synthesizer – M. Frog Labat*
NotesUnion Jack stamped in runout denotes a Keel Mfg. Corp. pressing.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Matrix / Runout (Side A Label): 31,824
- Matrix / Runout (Side B Label): 31,825
- Matrix / Runout (Side A Etched [STERLING, stamped]): BR-6954 31824-1D STERLING RL
- Matrix / Runout (Side B Etched [STERLING, stamped]): BR-6954 31825-1D STERLING RL
- Matrix / Runout (Side B Etched [Union Jack Stamped] (Variant 2)): BR-6954 [Union Jack]-31825-1C
- Rights Society: BMI
|BR 6954||Todd Rundgren's Utopia*||Todd Rundgren's Utopia (LP, Album)||Bearsville||BR 6954||US||1974|
|R2 70865||Utopia||Todd Rundgren's Utopia (CD, Album, RE, RM, RP)||Rhino Records , Bearsville||R2 70865||US||Unknown|
|BR 6954||Utopia||Todd Rundgren's Utopia (LP, Album, Win)||Bearsville||BR 6954||US||1974|
|RNCD 70865||Utopia||Todd Rundgren's Utopia (CD, Album, RE)||Rhino Records , Bearsville||RNCD 70865||US||1987|
|BR 6954||Utopia||Todd Rundgren's Utopia (LP, Album, Club)||Bearsville||BR 6954||US||1974|