Kiuas - The New Dark Age mp3 album
Kiuas War Anthem 04:36. 4. The New Dark Age 05:03. 5. To Excel and Ascend 05:55. The New Dark Age. It's a sign of the times That dead are the minds of men And how long before the world grows cold See the scars on your face They tell the future you are blind to Again and again. Sad is the fate of the human race Seeking comfort in a futile embrace. Born into this world of chaos Rising up from the grey, grey masses Amidst the mayhem we must all find our place I know my way just read the smile on my face No need for God or salvation Stay on my path of dedication You seek the light in vain, I rest my case I am prepared for the New Dark Age. Have you read the scriptures.
The New Dark Age is the third studio album by the Finnish Heavy Metal band Kiuas. The album was released through Spinefarm Records on March 12, 2008 for Finland with new dates to be announced for other areas. The song, "Conqueror", directed by Owe Lingwall was shot as a music video on February 18, 2008.
3. Kiuas War Anthem. 05:03.
The New Dark Age opens with ‘The Decaying Doctrine’, and wow, it surely kicks things off with a bang! The speedy opening riff instantly slaps you in the face and grabs your attention; it’s unlike anything I’ve ever heard before. The rest of the band comes in, while vocalist Ilja Jalkanen comes in with some odd vocals reminiscent of Black Metal. But the real diverse thing about this album is the general sound. Throughout the album Kiuas combines elements from most subgenres of Heavy Metal, making the album sound really nothing like anything I’ve heard before. The choruses are like a mixture of power Metal and NWOBHM (see every song), there are some blast beats and death growls from death Metal (see the title track and ‘To Excel And Ascend’), heavy riffs that remind me of thrash (see ‘To Excel and Ascend’ and ‘Kiuas War Anthem’) and even some black Metal-ish vocals and tremolo.
0. The New Dark Age Lyrics. 0. To Excel and Ascend Lyrics. Kiuas War Anthem Lyrics. The New Chapter Lyrics. On Winds of Death We Ride Lyrics. Across the Snows Lyrics. Song For the Fells Lyrics. Winter In June Lyrics. Winter's Sting Lyrics.
The New Dark Age is Kiuas’ third album, and from what it seems they keep getting more popular, and are booked to tour in the spring of ’08 with Children Of Bodom and Moonsorrow. If you are familiar with Folk Metal with a Heavy/Power Metal twist, you should check them out. The first song, The Decaying Doctrine, is full of Power Metal riffs mixed with heavy distortion.
Tracklist Hide Credits
|1||The Decaying Doctrine||4:52|
|3||Kiuas War Anthem||4:36|
|4||The New Dark Age||5:03|
|5||To Excel And Ascend
Oud – Jussi Reijonen
|6||Black Rose Withered||3:50|
|7||After The Storm
Vocals – Anna-Maija Jalkanen
|8||Of Sacrifice, Loss And Reward||4:42|
|10||The Wanderer's Lamentation
Oud – Jussi Reijonen
|11||Towards The Hidden Sanctum|
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Spinefarm Records
- Copyright (c) – Spin-Farm Ltd.
- Recorded At – Sonic Pump Studios
- Mixed At – Finnvox
- Mastered At – Chartmakers
- Arranged By – Kiuas
- Artwork [Cover Art] – Niklas Sundin
- Bass – Teemu Tuominen
- Choir [The Brutal Battle Choir Of Crom] – Atte*, Ilja*, J*, Mikko*
- Choir [The Majestic Choir Of Ukko] – Aleksi Parviainen, Ilja Jalkanen, Mikko*, Pasi Rantanen, Pekka Heino
- Co-producer – Janne Joutsenniemi, Nino Laurenne
- Drums – Markku Näreneva
- Edited By [Additional Pro Tools Editing] – Aksu Hanttu
- Guitar – Mikko Salovaara
- Keyboards – Atte Tanskanen
- Lyrics By – Ilja Jalkanen (tracks: 3, 7 to 9), Mikko Salovaara (tracks: 1, 2, 4 to 6, 9, 10)
- Mastered By – Svante Forsbäck
- Mixed By – Mikko Karmila
- Music By – Mikko Salovaara
- Narrator [Narration And Aphorisms] – Atte*, Mikko*
- Photography By, Artwork [Booklet Art] – Jarkko Tiitinen
- Producer – Mikko Salovaara
- Recorded By – Nino Laurenne
- Vocals – Ilja Jalkanen
Notes(p) Spinefarm Records • (c) Spin-Farm Ltd
Recorded at Sonic Pump Studios in October 2007.
Mixed at Finnvox studios in December 2007.
Mastered at Chartmakers in January 2008.
Issued in a super jewel case.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 0 602517 912717
- Matrix / Runout: 06025 179127-1 01 + 52217990
|SPI316CD, 173388-8||Kiuas||The New Dark Age (CD, Album)||Spinefarm Records, Spinefarm Records||SPI316CD, 173388-8||Finland||2008|
|UICO-9040||Kiuas||The New Dark Age (CD, Album, SHM)||Spinefarm Records||UICO-9040||Japan||2008|
|FONINT2163||Kiuas||The New Dark Age (CD, Album)||Fontana International||FONINT2163||USA & Canada||2008|
|SPI316CD||Kiuas||The New Dark Age (CD, Album, Promo, Car)||Spinefarm Records||SPI316CD||Finland||2008|
|FO735CD||Kiuas||The New Dark Age (CD, Album)||Фоно||FO735CD||Russia||2008|