Antony And The Johnsons - The Crying Light mp3 album
The cover of The Crying Light, the third album by Antony and the Johnsons, is strikingly similar to that of its predecessor, 2005's highly-lauded I Am a Bird Now. The latter presented a stark black-and-white shot of transvestite performer Candy Darling lying on her hospital deathbed; this time, we get an even starker image of Japanese Butoh dancer Kazuo Ohno, a hero of bandleader Antony Hegarty since he first spotted her on a poster while studying in France as a teenager
The crying light, crying light. I was born to adore you As a baby in the blind, ooh I was born to represent you To carry your head into the sun To carve you face into the back of the sun. The crying light, crying light Crying light, crying light. The Crying Light" Track Info. Release Date January 19, 2009. The Crying Light Antony and the Johnsons. 7. Daylight and the Sun. 8. Aeon. A. Antony and the Johnsons. The Crying Light Lyrics.
Antony's mournful wails were electrifying first time around. But enough's enough, says Alexis Petridis. The Crying Light really works when it steps out of its predecessor's shadow, in every sense of the phrase. Epilepsy Is Dancing doesn't sound like a barrel of laughs on paper, and indeed, it's not exactly a barrel of laughs on record, but at least there is a certain levity about its folky tune, a chink of light that undercuts its pained climax.
It's difficult to categorize Antony and his music, but it ignites a symphony of emotions, from exhilaration to anguish. Particular standouts on this album are Aeon, Her Eyes are Underneath the Ground, and Another World. 0 of 0 users found this helpful.
Even a track named "Daylight and the Sun" uses dramatic shadows to make its point. Another World" calls out like a prayer for something greater than we can imagine. Her Eyes Are Underneath the Ground" focuses on the dead.
The Crying Light preoccupies itself with very different concerns than either of its predecessors. Whereas the material on I Am a Bird Now focused on sadness - grasped and projected - and in some cases real redemption, these songs look at a larger universe as reflected in the mirror of the individual.
Tracklist Hide Credits
|1||Her Eyes Are Underneath The Ground
Written-By – Nick Hegarty
|2||Epilepsy Is Dancing||2:42|
Written-By – Barry Reynolds
|4||Kiss My Name||2:48|
|5||The Crying Light||3:18|
|7||Daylight And The Sun
Mixed By – Jason Lader
|9||Dust And Water||2:50|
- Arranged By [Arrangements By] – Antony , Doug Wieselman, Maxim Moston, Nico Muhly
- Art Direction – Antony , Joie Iacono
- Artwork [Deer Monster Makeup] – Johanna Constantine
- Engineer – Alex Nizich, Bryce Goggin, Daniel Bora*, Hector Castillo, Keith Gary, Scott Lehrer, Stewart Lerman, William Whittman
- Layout – Daniel Murphy
- Mastered By – Greg Calbi
- Mixed By – Bryce Goggin (tracks: 1 to 6, 8 to 10)
- Orchestra [Additional] – Alexandra Knoll, Amy Zoloto, Anja Wood, Antoine Silverman, Brian Miller , Bridget Kibbey, Chad Yarbrough, Danielle Farina, Greg Cohen, Hiroko Taguchi, Keith Bonner, Leise Anschuetz, Lisa Albrecht, Sarah Hewitt-Roth, Suzy Perelman, Tim Albright, Troy Rinker III
- Other [Administration] – Shaun MacDonald
- Performer [Musicians] – Antony , Doug Wieselman, Jeff Langston, Julia Kent, Maxim Moston, Parker Kindred, Rob Moose, Thomas Bartlett, Wil Holzhouser
- Photography By [Photos Of Antony, Johanna Constantine And Dr. Julia Yasuda, Ph. D] – Don Felix Cervantes
- Photography By [Portrait Of Kazuo Ohno] – Naoya Ikegami
- Written-By – Antony
NotesMixed at Trout Recording.
Mastered at Sterling Sound.
For more info and credits visit antonyandthejohnsons.com
For Kazuo Ohno.
UPC on barcode sticker (not printed on release)
Original purchasers were also given a link to download the original digital release if they chose.
4-panel foldout booklet with photos and credits
NOT FOR SALE Text On Sticker
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 4995879932025
|RTRADCD443||Antony And The Johnsons||The Crying Light (CD, Album)||Rough Trade||RTRADCD443||Europe||2009|
|RTRADCD443, 360966||Antony And The Johnsons||The Crying Light (CD, Album)||Rough Trade, Soyuz Music||RTRADCD443, 360966||Russia||2009|
|SC194LP||Antony And The Johnsons||The Crying Light (LP, Album)||Secretly Canadian||SC194LP||US||2009|
|HN587CD||Antony And The Johnsons||The Crying Light (CD, Album)||High Note Records||HN587CD||Europe||2009|
|SC194||Antony And The Johnsons||The Crying Light (CD, Album)||Secretly Canadian||SC194||US||2009|