John Coltrane - Ascension (Edition II) mp3 album
Ascension is a jazz album by John Coltrane recorded in 1965 and released in 1966. It is often considered to be a cornerstone of Coltrane's work, with the albums recorded before it being more conventional in structure and the albums recorded after it being looser, free jazz inspired works. In addition, it signaled Coltrane's interest in moving away from the quartet format
Complete your John Coltrane collection.
Matrix, Runout (Runout fragment side A+B, stamped): VAN GELDER. Other Versions (5 of 33) View All.
Download MP3. MP3 320Kbps, 4. 2 Mb MP3 64Kbps, . 7 Mb. John Coltrane. 1 2 3 4 5. Related songs.
Artist: John Coltrane Duration: 40:49 File type: mp3. Play Pause Download. other tracks: John Coltrane. play) (pause) (download) (fb) (vk) (tw). John Coltrane Slow Dance.
Ascension is the single recording that placed John Coltrane firmly into the avant-garde. Whereas, prior to 1965, Coltrane could be heard playing in an avant vein with stretched-out solos, atonality, and a seemingly free design to the beat, Ascension throws most rules right out the window with complete freedom from the groove and strikingly abrasive sheets of horn interplay.
Ascension is a jazz album by John Coltrane recorded in 1965 and released in 1966. It is often considered to be a watershed album, with the albums released before it being more conventional in structure and the albums released after it being looser, free jazz inspired works. In addition, it signaled Coltrane's interest in moving away from the quartet format.
Tracklist Hide Credits
|A||Ascension (Part I)
Written-By – John Coltrane
|B||Ascension (Part II)
Written-By – John Coltrane
- Recorded At – Van Gelder Studio, Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey
- Designed At – Viceroy
- Pressed By – Pathé Marconi EMI, Chatou – 269765
- Alto Saxophone – John Tchicai, Marion Brown
- Bass – Art Davis, Jimmy Garrison
- Design [Cover] – Robert Flynn
- Design [Liner] – Joe Lebow
- Drums – Elvin Jones
- Engineer – Rudy Van Gelder
- Liner Notes – A. B. Spellman*
- Photography By – Charles Stewart*
- Piano – McCoy Tyner
- Producer – Bob Thiele
- Tenor Saxophone – Archie Shepp, John Coltrane, Pharoah Sanders
- Trumpet – Dewey Johnson, Freddie Hubbard
NotesRecorded June 28, 1965 at Van Gelder Studios, Englewood Cliffs, N.J.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Matrix / Runout (Runout side A, stamped / etched): AS 95 A 21 M6 269765 P.
- Matrix / Runout (Runout side B, stamped / etched): AS 95 B 21 M6 269765 P.
- Rights Society: SACEM SACD SDRM SGDL
|AS-95, A-95||John Coltrane||Ascension (Edition II) (LP, Album)||Impulse!, Impulse!||AS-95, A-95||US||1966|
|A-95||John Coltrane||Ascension (Edition II) (LP, Album, Mono, RP)||Impulse!||A-95||US||1967|
|RR-98-245-2||John Coltrane||Ascension (CD, Album, Unofficial)||Oldis, VAPP association, Release Records||RR-98-245-2||Russia||1998|
|SH-3076||John Coltrane||Ascension (LP, Album)||Impulse!||SH-3076||Japan||1966|
|AS-95||John Coltrane||Ascension (Edition II) (LP, Album, RE, Gat)||Impulse!, ABC Records||AS-95||US||1973|