Sister Shirley & Her New Orleans All Stars - The Old Time Way mp3 album
Sister Shirley Sydnor. The Old Time Way (CD). Document Records (2). DOCD-7003.
That night all of New Orleans' dance halls were filled to capacity, and professional and amateur bands played jazz at parties at hundreds of houses around town The Axeman's letter. Newton notes that "Momfre" was not an unusual surname in New Orleans at the time of the crimes. It appears that there actually may have been an individual named Joseph Momfre or Mumfre in New Orleans who had a criminal history, and who may have been connected with organized crime; however, local records for the period are not extensive enough to allow confirmation of this, or to positively identify the individual. They discovered the 19-year-old lying unconscious on her bed, suffering from a severe head injury and missing several teeth. The intruder had entered the apartment through an open window, and attacked the woman with a blunt object.
Oscars: 3 Oscar Nominations: 11 BAFTA Awards: 0 BAFTA Nominations: 4 Golden Globes: 6 Golden Globe Nominations: 8. 2. Побег из Шоушенка (1994).
Find what to do today, this weekend, or in July. Visit top-rated & must-see attractions.
Time Out New Orleans. Popular cities London New York Paris Chicago Los Angeles Lisbon Hong Kong Sydney Melbourne Porto Singapore Barcelona Madrid Girona Browse all cities. It’s a very badly kept secret in New Orleans that if you want real-deal local music, bypass French Quarter karaoke clubs and head to the Faubourg Marigny. There, you’ll find Frenchmen Street. For outstanding live music paired with killer food and cocktails, head to Three Muses. Why go? Carrying travellers all the way from the French Quarter through to the gorgeous Garden District (and stopping at various nabes in between), 35 of the 1920's, St. Charles Line streetcars still operate to this day. Think: vintage wooden seats, brass fittings and rumbling chugging sounds that you'll fall in love with.
Current local time in USA – Louisiana – New Orleans. Get New Orleans's weather and area codes, time zone and DST. Explore New Orleans's sunrise and sunset, moonrise and moonset. Louis Armstrong New Orleans International Airport, MSY About 12 mi WNW of New Orleans. Gulfport-Biloxi International Airport, GPT About 68 mi ENE of New Orleans. Other cities near New Orleans. Popup Window Fullscreen Exit.
The fifth album from this ever-shifting songwriter is made up of her best songs and most controlled arrangements. One of the truly great men of New Orleans music, Dave Bartholomew, who died on June 23, 2019, wrote, produced, and played on a long list of Crescent City R&B classic, and this collection brings together 20 memorable sides from his golden era. Featuring great tracks from Fats Domino, Shirley & Lee, Smiley Lewis, and many more, this also features some of Bartholomew's best tunes as a frontman, including "The Monkey" and "That's How You Got Killed Before.
|1||Sometimes My Burden Is So Hard To Bear (Instr.)||3:05|
|2||Give Me That Old Time Religion||3:15|
|3||I Shall Not Be Moved||3:23|
|4||Amazing Grace (Instrumental)||2:58|
|5||Motherless Children (Alternate Take)||3:14|
|6||Since I've Laid My Burden Down||3:17|
|7||I'm Going Home (Instrumental)||2:43|
|8||The Old Rugged Cross||4:16|
|10||Just A Closer Walk With Thee||4:53|
|11||Do Lord Remember Me||3:17|
|12||Goin' Over The Hill (Alternate Take)||4:08|
|13||What A Friend We Have In Jesus||3:58|
|14||Lead Me Saviour (Instrumental)||3:06|
|15||His Eyes Is On The Sparrow||4:12|
|16||What Do You Think About Jesus (Alternate Take)||2:59|
|17||He's Got The Whole World In His Hands||2:31|
|18||Bye And Bye||4:44|
|19||Oh Lord Remember Me (Alternate Take)||4:02|
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Document Records
- Copyright (c) – Document Records
- Recorded At – Soundborn Studios
- Pressed By – DADC Austria – A0100256574-0101
- Banjo – Udo Ehmsen (tracks: 3, 6 to 10, 13, 15, 18)
- Bass – Peter Bauer (tracks: 3, 6 to 10, 13, 15, 17, 18)
- Clarinet – Claus Nemeth (tracks: 1 to 3, 6 to 8, 10, 13 to 15, 18)
- Drums – Gerd Stächelin (tracks: 1 to 4, 6 to 11, 13 to 15, 17, 18)
- Guitar – Erik Trauner (tracks: 5, 12, 16, 19)
- Harmonica – Claus Nemeth (tracks: 4, 9)
- Layout, Photography By – Kurt Hriczucsah
- Liner Notes – Ken Romanowski
- Organ – Franz Luttenberger (tracks: 17)
- Piano – Franz Luttenberger (tracks: 1 to 4, 6 to 11, 13 to 15, 18), Walter Terharen (tracks: 17)
- Producer – Johnny Parth
- Recorded By – Gerhard Wessely
- Soprano Saxophone – Claus Nemeth (tracks: 11)
- Tamborim – Claus Nemeth (tracks: 17), Sister Shirley Sydnor (tracks: 7)
- Trombone – Walter Terharen (tracks: 1, 3, 6 to 11, 13 to 15, 18)
- Vocals – Sister Shirley Sydnor (tracks: 2, 3, 5, 6, 8 to 10, 12, 13, 15 to 19)
- Whistle – Claus Nemeth (tracks: 9)
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 7 14298 70032 9
- Rights Society: AUSTRO MECHANA
- Matrix / Runout: DADC Austria A0100256574-0101 14 A0
- Mastering SID Code: IFPI L554
- Mould SID Code: IFPI 94Z2