The Allman Brothers Band - Reach For The Sky mp3 album
Reach for the Sky is the seventh studio album by the rock group the Allman Brothers Band, released in 1980. It was the last album to feature drummer Jai Johanny Johanson until his return on the Seven Turns album. Reach for the Sky was the first Allman Brothers Band album to be released by a label other than Capricorn Records. It was their second album with Dan Toler on guitar and David Goldflies on bass.
Reach for the Sky (1980). Brothers of the Road (1981)Brothers of the Road1981. It was their second album with Dan Toler on guitar and David Goldflies on bass, and their first studio album to include only songs written by the band members. The band recorded the album at Pyramid Eye Studios in Lookout Mountain, Georgia, a studio that Scott McClellan founded. The back cover photograph shows the band atop Sunset Rock on Lookout Mountain's western brow in Tennessee.
The Allman Brothers Band. Reach for the Sky, 1980. The Allman Brothers Band.
The Allman Brothers Band – The band incorporates elements of southern rock, blues, jazz, and country music, and their live shows have jam band-style improvisation and instrumentals. The groups first two studio releases stalled commercially, but their 1971 live release, At Fillmore East, represented an artistic, the album features extended renderings of their songs In Memory of Elizabeth Reed and Whipping Post, and is often considered among the best live albums ever made. He played with The Allman Brothers Band, and became a member in 1999. In 2010, his wife, blues singer Susan Tedeschi, and his musical style encompassses several genres and he has twice appeared on Rolling Stones list of 100 Greatest Guitarists of All Time.
Album by The Allman Brothers Band. From The Madness Of The West. I Got A Right To Be Wrong. Keep On Keepin' On. So Long.
Features Song Lyrics for Allman Brothers Band's Reach For The Sky album. Allman Brothers Band - Reach For The Sky Album Lyrics. 1. Keep On Keepin' On Lyrics.
The Allman Brothers played out their string through deaths in the family, drug busts and sellouts. Lynyrd Skynyrd went quicker and harder, in a plane crash that took, among others, guitarist Steve Gaines and singer/presiding genius Ronnie Van Zant. Skynyrd’s music was the only purely American rock sound born in the Seventies (remember that disco first had Latin, then European roots). This spirit is something that the Allman Brothers Band desperately need, though their new LP, Reach for the Sky. isn’t as flagrantly enervated as 1979’s Enlightened Rogues. The current sound (largely due, I’d guess, to coproducers Mike Lawler and Johnny Cobb) is thicker and heavier, close to funk in spots. Rather than sounding just plain stoned and out of it (the way he did last year), Gregg Allman at least has the aggrieved tone of the town drunk wrangling with a cop. But, if possible, everything is even less convincing.
Please disable your ad blocker or, better yet, upgrade to Radio Plus. The music will continue in seconds. Select to cast music to your TV or stereo Please download the Slacker Radio app to complete the upgrade process. GET APP. Please visit ww. lacker.
Tracklist Hide Credits
|A1||Hell And High Water
Backing Vocals – Thomas Caine*
|A3||From The Madness Of The West||6:38|
|A4||I Got A Right To Be Wrong||3:44|
|B2||Famous Last Words
Backing Vocals – Sherry Cobb
|B3||Keep On Keepin' On||4:08|
- Art Direction – Donn Davenport, Howard Fritzson
- Bass – David "Rook" Goldflies*
- Congas, Timbales, Percussion – Mark Morris
- Drums – "Jaimoe" Johnny Lee Johnson*
- Drums, Electronic Drums [Syndrum] – Butch Trucks
- Engineer [Backup] – Jim Stabile, Lee Peterzell
- Engineer, Mixed By – Kurt Kinzel
- Harmonica – Jim Essery
- Lead Guitar, Rhythm Guitar – "Dangerous" Dan Toler*
- Lead Guitar, Slide Guitar, Guitar [Avatar Guitar], Synthesizer, Lead Vocals – Dickey Betts
- Management – Steven J. Massarsky
- Mastered By – George Marino
- Organ, Lead Vocals – Gregg Allman
- Photography By – Vincent Frye*
- Piano, Backing Vocals – Johnny Cobb
- Piano, Electric Piano, Synthesizer – Mike Lawler
- Producer – Cobb*, Lawler*, The Allman Brothers Band
- Typography [Logo Design] – Vincent Frye*
- Typography [Logo Rendering] – Ray Barber
- Written-By – Bonnie Bramlett (tracks: B2), Daniel Toler* (tracks: A2, B3, B4), Dickie Betts* (tracks: A1, A3, A4, B1,to B3), Gregg Allman (tracks: A2, B4), Johnny Cobb (tracks: B1), Mike Lawler (tracks: B1)
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Matrix / Runout (Side A): 202 843-A
- Matrix / Runout (Side B): 202 843-B
|AL 9535||The Allman Brothers Band||Reach For The Sky (LP, Album, San)||Arista||AL 9535||US||1980|
|AL 9535||The Allman Brothers Band||Reach For The Sky (LP, Album, RE)||Arista||AL 9535||Canada||Unknown|
|AL 9535||The Allman Brothers Band||Reach For The Sky (LP, Album, HUB)||Arista||AL 9535||US||1980|
|AT8 9535||The Allman Brothers Band||Reach For The Sky (8-Trk, Album)||Arista||AT8 9535||US||1980|
|RE 2131-2||The Allman Brothers Band||Reach For The Sky (CD, Album)||Razor & Tie||RE 2131-2||US||1997|