Geri Allen Trio - The Printmakers mp3 album
Geri Antoinette Allen (June 12, 1957 – June 27, 2017) was an American jazz pianist and composer. Allen was an Associate Professor of Music and the Director of the Jazz Studies Program at the University of Pittsburgh. Allen was born in Pontiac, Michigan, on June 12, 1957, and grew up in Detroit. Her father, Mount Allen Jr, was a school principal, her mother, Barbara, a government administrator in the defence industry. Allen was educated in Detroit Public Schools
Complete your Geri Allen Trio collection.
Geri Allen's 1984 debut as a leader is a far cry from her better-known releases. The pianist leads a trio with drummer Andrew Cyrille and bassist Anthony Cox through a set consisting of advanced original compositions. Her opener, "A Celebration of Life," initially focuses exclusively on Cyrille's mouth percussion (followed by a drum solo) before she and Cox make a belated entrance to turn it into a delightful African dance, cast in a post-bop setting.
GERI ALLEN - The Printmakers. Filed under Post Bop By GERI ALLEN. Tracklist TGTH 3:10 A4 M's Heart (In Memory Of Mrs. 4:52 B1 Printmakers (Altosaxophonistic Poetic Type Printmakers) 8:05 B2 Andrew (For Andrew Cyrille) 4:24 B3 When Kayuba Dances 6:48. B4 D And V (For Daddy And Vernie) 1:55.
The Printmakers is the debut album by pianist Geri Allen recorded in early 1985 in Germany and released on the German Minor Music label. View All . Thank you to the following people for keeping this profile up-to-date. Would you like to contribute? Register . Lists. 20 Lists . The Printmakers appears in the following lists: 1985 debut albums.
Listen to music from Geri Allen Trio like RTG, Tea For Two & more. Find the latest tracks, albums, and images from Geri Allen Trio. Geri Allen (born June 12, 1957 in Pontiac, Michigan) is a jazz pianist and music educator from Detroit, Michigan, who has worked with many of the greats of modern jazz, including Dave Holland, Ron Carter, Tony Williams, Jack DeJohnette, Ornette Coleman, Betty Carter and Charles Lloyd. She cites her primary influences to be Keith Jarrett, Herbie Hancock and Bill Evans. She is married to trumpeter Wallace Roney.
Titel: The Printmakers. Ray Brown Trio - The Red Hot Ray Brown Trio LP. Craig Hundley Trio. Arrival Of A Young Giant.
|A1||A Celebration Of All Life||6:20|
|A2||Eric (For Eric Dolphy)||5:29|
|A3||Running As Fast As You Can...TGTH||3:10|
|A4||M's Heart (In Memory Of Mrs.||4:52|
|B1||Printmakers (Altosaxophonistic Poetic Type Printmakers)||8:05|
|B2||Andrew (For Andrew Cyrille)||4:24|
|B3||When Kayuba Dances||6:48|
|B4||D And V (For Daddy And Vernie)||1:55|
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Minor Music
- Copyright (c) – Minor Music
- Recorded At – Tonstudio Zuckerfabrik
- Pressed By – Schallplattenfabrik Pallas GmbH
- Published By – Antoinette Music
- Lacquer Cut At – Teldec-Studio, Berlin
- Artwork [Coverart], Photography By – Christin Schindler, Claus Peter Bäuerle*
- Composed By – Geri Allen
- Double Bass – Anthony Cox
- Drums, Human Beatbox [Mouth Percussion], Timpani – Andrew Cyrille
- Illustration [Coverprint] – Kabuya P. Bowens
- Lacquer Cut By [Side A] – CS-B-I*
- Lacquer Cut By [Side B] – A-B-I*
- Piano – Geri Allen
- Producer – Stephan Meyner
- Recorded By, Mixed By – Johannes Wohlleben
Recorded February 8 & 9, 1984 at Tonstudio Zuckerfabrik, Stuttgart
Ⓒ Minor Music
DMM Direct Metal Mastering
Ⓟ Minor Music Stephan Meyner
Schallplattenfabrik Pallas G.m.b.H., Diepholz
Category on spine "MINOR MUSIC 001"
Category on disc "001"
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Matrix / Runout (Runout Side A): [Stamped] ST 001-A [Etched] CS-B-I
- Matrix / Runout (Runout Side B): [Stamped] ST 001-B [Etched] A-B-I
- Rights Society (MRO): GEMA
- Rights Society (PRO): SESAC
|MM 8001, CD MM 8001||Geri Allen Trio||The Printmakers (CD, Album)||Minor Music, Minor Music||MM 8001, CD MM 8001||Germany||1987|