Current 93 - Baalstorm, Sing Omega mp3 album
Baalstorm, Sing Omega. Current 93. Play on TIDAL. Other Albums by Current 93. The Light Is Leaving Us All. The Moons at Your Door. I Am the Last of All the Field That Fell: A Channel. HoneySuckle Æons. Baalstorm, Sing Omega. Haunted Waves, Moving Graves. Monohallucinatory Mountain, Aleph At Hallucinatory Mountain.
Baalstorm, Sing Omega is no great shift in the Current formula, and as with almost every Current 93 release there's a contradictory and dense sense of the impenetrable and conceptual. If the album can be said to have a single concept then it's to do with Tibet's most famous preoccupation; the apocalypse. Current 93 is a continuously rewoven tapestry of Tibet's dream-life, real-life and revelations (both the personal and the apocalyptic)
Band Name Current 93. Album Name Baalstorm, Sing Omega. Members owning this album1. 1. I Dreamt I Was Æon. 2. With Flowers in the Garden of Fires. 4. Baalstorm! Baalstorm! 5. Passenger Aleph in Name.
Baalstorm, Sing Omega is one of 2010’s hidden gems, and it’s a mighty fine record. So I’ve been sitting here for the past couple of hours trying to collect and jot down my thoughts on just how unfathomably odd Baalstorm, Sing Omega is and I just can’t find the words to describe it. The only concisely realized thought I have is: ‘What.
Opening with the near-spoken word overture of "Baalstorm! Baalstorm!," the album is near orchestral in intent if not delivery, soundscapes and shapes that switch and whisper through David Tibet's customarily blasted heath of private myth and vision. Lonely and lyrical, moody and magic, it hisses and howls with Tibet's expected abstract energy - the voices of spectral children, the invocations of Biblical apocalypse, and Louis Wain-ian kittens - yet it does so with a far more harmonic ear than his recent albums.
Tracklist Hide Credits
|1||I Dreamt I Was Æon||6:52|
|2||With Flowers In The Garden Of Fires||4:09|
Words By [Extracts From Letters] – Sarah Dietrich
|5||Passenger Aleph In Name||4:40|
|6||Tanks Of Flies||3:19|
|7||The Nudes Lift Shields For War||5:31|
|8||Night! Death! Storm! Omega!||3:50|
|9||I Dance Narcoleptic||10:37|
- Copyright (c) – Coptic Cat
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – David Tibet
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Current 93
- Distributed By – Revolver USA
- Manufactured By – www.microforum.ca – MFA22803
- Published By – Domino Music Publishing
- Cello – John Contreras
- Cover – David Tibet
- Design, Layout – David Tibet, Paul Jackson
- Drums, Percussion – Alex Neilson
- Guitar, Bass, Electronics – Andrew Liles
- Mixed By – Andrew Liles, David Tibet
- Oud, Drums [Erbane, Daf] – Eliot Bates
- Photography By [Alex Neilson] – Oliver Edwards
- Photography By [Andrew Liles] – Melon Liles
- Photography By [Baby Dee] – Tore Hallas
- Photography By [Bea Taylor And Isabel Taylor] – Becca Taylor
- Photography By [David Tibet] – Simo Dalla Valle
- Photography By [Eliot Bates] – Ladi Dell'aira
- Photography By [James Blackshaw] – Doerthe Winter
- Photography By [John Contreras] – Scott Purdy
- Photography By [Melon Liles] – Pandy Cat
- Piano, Organ [Hammond] – Baby Dee
- Recorded By [Alex Neilson's Contribution] – John Cavanagh
- Recorded By [Apart From Alex Neilson's Contribution], Mastered By – Andrew Liles
- Twelve-String Guitar, Slide Guitar, Electric Guitar, Glockenspiel, Voice – James Blackshaw
- Vocals – Melon Liles
- Voice – Bea Taylor , David Tibet, Isabel Taylor
- Words By [Text] – David Tibet
NotesBaalstorm, Sing Omega was written and recorded in Hastings, Heptonstall, Rome and Turin between August 2009 and March 2010. The album's initial title was Sing Omega!, taken from a sermon in Coptic by the great Egyptian monk Abbot Shenoute (AD 348-466) in which he quotes an observation by his Egyptian forefather Pachomius (AD 292-346).
Cover: 'She is Naked Like the Water".
Photograph of David as Stonehenge in December 1971: Ghost or Gone or Donne.
Photographs of David as Rome in Batu Gajah, 1964 or 1965 or 1966: Cyril or Olivia Bunting.
Published by Domino Music.
© Coptic Cat 2010
℗ David Tibet/Current 93 2010
Distribution in North America by Revolver USA.
Packaging: Transparent tray jewel case with a 12-page booklet.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode (String): 061297218394
- Barcode (Text): 0 61297 21839 4
- Matrix / Runout: WWW.MICROFORUM.CA MFA22803 MADE IN CANADA 01
|NIFE 010V||Current 93||Baalstorm, Sing Omega (LP, Album, Red)||Coptic Cat||NIFE 010V||UK||2010|
|NIFE 010V||Current 93||Baalstorm, Sing Omega (LP, TP, W/Lbl)||Coptic Cat||NIFE 010V||UK||2010|
|NIFE 010CD||Current 93||Baalstorm, Sing Omega (CD, Album, Dig)||Coptic Cat||NIFE 010CD||US||2010|
|NIFE 010CD||Current 93||Baalstorm, Sing Omega (CD, Album, Dig)||Coptic Cat||NIFE 010CD||UK||2010|
|NIFE 010V||Current 93||Baalstorm, Sing Omega (LP, Album, Blu)||Coptic Cat||NIFE 010V||UK||2010|