Omar Pene - Myamba mp3 album
Omar Pène's new album is deliberately lean, mean and pared down – and a million miles away from the classic hits that have rolled off the record presses in Dakar! Pène's new album Myamba is so positively laid back, in fact, that listeners would be forgiven for forgetting that Omar Pène and his band – once dubbed "the young hooligans' orchestra" – were notorious for drumming up the wildest, craziest sounds in the roughest neighbourhood in Dakar. Although the spark of Super Diamono madness from the 70s and 80s has disappeared from Myamba, true connoisseurs of the group will not be completely confounded by Pène's lightened "acoustic" style. For a start, Pène's vocals are particularly brought to the fore on Myamba and prove to be every bit as warm, deep and expressive as they always were.
This album has an average beat per minute of 114 BPM (slowest/fastest tempos: 77/149 BPM). See its BPM profile at the bottom of the page. Album starts at 114BPM, ends at BPM (-114), with tempos within the -BPM range. Try refreshing the page if dots are missing). Recent albums by Omar Pene.
Omar Pene – Myamba. Label: FACES (2) – 6122332. Lead Vocals – Omar Pene. Mixed By – Denis Cazajeux, Olivier Bloch-Lainé. Percussion – Minino Garay. Percussion – Mamadou Ndiaye. Photography – Jean-Louis Bloch-Lainé. Producer – Olivier Bloch-Lainé.
Omar Pene (born 1956 in Dakar) is the emblematic lead singer of the Super Diamono. He was born in the working class neighborhood of Derkle. In the mid seventies (1975-1976), he joined the Super Diamono, one of the longest running Senegalese popular bands- just. Recruited by Bailo Diagne, the first base-player and a founding member of the group, Omar Pene stood out as the most natural fixture in the band.
Listen to Myamba now. Listen to Myamba in full in the this site app. Play on this site.
Omar Pene & Super Dianomo de Dakar Aids the Devil. play) (pause) (download) (fb) (vk) (tw). Omar Pene, Le Super Diamono Gainde. Omar Pene, Le Super Diamono Silmaxa. Super Diamono, Omar Pene Kuur Ngany Ngalam.
|7||Sa Jikko Ji||7:13|
- Distributed By – Discograph – 6122332
- Published By – La Frette Music Publishing – 6122332
- Recorded At – La Frette Studios
- Mixed At – La Frette Studios
- Mastered At – Translab
- Acoustic Bass – Jules Bikôkô*
- Acoustic Guitar – Mamadou Conaré
- Artwork By [Design] – Deluxedesigngraphique
- Artwork By [Illustrations] – Adrienne Bloch-Lainé
- Backing Vocals – Diarra Gueye, Dieynaba Koité
- Bass – Pape Dembel Diop*, Laurent Vernerey
- Composed By – Omar Pene*
- Guitar – Jean-Christophe Maillard
- Lead Vocals – Omar Pene*
- Mastered By – Hervé*
- Mixed By – Denis Cazajeux, Olivier Bloch-Lainé
- Percussion – Minino Garay
- Percussion [Sabar] – Mamadou Ndiaye
- Photography – Jean-Louis Bloch-Lainé
- Producer – Olivier Bloch-Lainé
- Recorded By – Denis Cazajeux
- Written-By – P. Diop* (tracks: 9), M. Conaré* (tracks: 7), O. Bloch-Lainé* (tracks: 10)
(P)&(C)2005 Faces / Made in France
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 3 700077 651996
- Rights Society: SACEM
- Matrix / Runout: OMARPENEPROMO 01
|none||Omar Pene*||Myamba (CD, Album, Car)||FACES||none||France||2005|