Los Jaivas - Los Jaivas mp3 album
Los Jaivas is a Chilean musical group who perform in folk, rock, and progressive rock styles. Los Jaivas appeared in Chilean music in 1963 as a ino group, mixing rock with South American ancestral music. The Parra brothers met Mario Mutis and Eduardo "Gato" Alquinta (gato is the Spanish word for cat) in their childhood and joined to play music. They acquired fame in Viña del Mar, by playing at diverse parties and shows.
To many, their progressive tour de force is the more mature and symphonic album "Alturas de Machu Picchu" from 1981, setting the lyrics of prize winning poet Pablo Neruda's "Canto General" to a compelling soundscape of the modern and ancient. Like so much by this group, the music connects with the listener as much emotionally as intellectually.
Album Name Los Jaivas. Music StyleProg Folk. Members owning this album0. 1. Pregón para Iluminarse. 5. Un Día de Tus Días.
Download MP3. Los Jaivas.
Los Jaivas appeared in Chilean music in 1963 as a ino group, mixing rock with South American ancestral music. The Parra brothers met Mario Mutis and Eduardo "Gato" Alquinta in their childhood and joined to play music. The band took refuge in Argentina after the military dictatorship took over in Chile. In 1977; they headed to France, where they resided for a long time. The first major change in the band occurred in 1988 when Gabriel died in Peru in a car crash
By 1975 Los Jaivas were already one of the biggest bands in Latin America thanks to their singles Mira Niñita and Todos Juntos from their 1973 album: La Ventana, songs that even today are regarded among the band's best works. However by that time, there wasn't anything else on the band's discography that was truly impressive, their albums were original and showed off a lot of potential but their sound was also pretty immature and inconsistent, they hadn't found their sound yet. That changed with their fifth album, their homonymous popularly known as El Indio (The Indian)
LBUM DE LOS RECUERDOS Los Jaivas con Cerro de la Virgen Teatro Caupolicán, 2000.
|A1||Pregón Para Iluminarse||5:15|
|B1||Un Mar De Gente||4:06|
|B2||Un Día De Tus Días||3:10|
|Tarka Y Ocarina||(13:15)|
- Recorded At – Estudios EMI-Odeon De Argentina
- Mixed At – Estudios EMI-Odeon De Argentina
- Published By – Editorial Mai
- Pressed By – Pathé Marconi EMI, Chatou – 327068
- Pressed By – Pathé Marconi EMI, Chatou – 327259
- Printed By – St-Michel Impressions
- Manufactured By – Pathé Marconi EMI
- Distributed By – Pathé Marconi EMI
- Distributed By – Sonopresse
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – EMI-Odeon S.A.I.C.
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Pathé Marconi EMI
- Bass, Acoustic Guitar, Chorus, Wind [Trutruca] – Julio Anderson
- Coro [Coro De Amigos] – Jano*, Hector , Inesita, Isabel*, D'Artagnan*, Pajarito Canzani*
- Drums, Percussion [Tumbadora], Bombo, Caja Vallenata, Cowbell, Chorus, Wind [Trutruca] – Gabriel Parra
- Grand Piano, Electric Piano, Maracas, Guiro, Wind [Trutruca] – Claudio Parra
- Organ, Piano, Percussion [Tumbadora], Bongos, Bells, Flute [Tarka] – Eduardo Parra
- Painting, Design – René Olivares
- Producer [Direction Artistique] – Luis «D'Artagnan» Sarmiento*
- Recorded By, Mixed By – Carlos Ernesto Garcia*
- Vocals, Electric Guitar, Acoustic Guitar, Charango, Flute, Piccolo Flute, Guiro, Percussion [Tumbadora], Wind [Trutruca] – Eduardo Alquinta "Gato"*
- Written-By, Arranged By – Jaivas*
NotesRecorded at EMI-Odeon studio, Buenos Aires, between July and Sept. 1975.
Disque gravé et pressé en France
℗ 1975 EMI Odeon SAIC (Argentina)
Réédition de 1979
Fabriqué en France
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Rights Society: SACEM SDRM SACD SGDL
- Price Code: PM 251
- Matrix / Runout (Label A): S 068 82.273 A
- Matrix / Runout (Label B): S 068 82.273 B
- Matrix / Runout (Runout A, etched): 82.273 Ax
- Matrix / Runout (Runout B, etched): x 82.273 B2
- Matrix / Runout (Runout A, stamped): M6 327068 2
- Matrix / Runout (Runout B, stamped): M6 327259 2
|8216||Los Jaivas||Los Jaivas (LP, Album, Gat)||EMI||8216||Argentina||1975|
|FE 02.0468||Los Jaivas||Los Jaivas (Cass, Album)||EMI||FE 02.0468||Peru||1995|
|5078||Los Jaivas||Los Jaivas (LP, Album, RE)||EMI||5078||Chile||1977|
|710-831251||Los Jaivas||Los Jaivas (CD, RE)||EMI||710-831251||Chile||1994|
|SLDC-42015||Los Jaivas||Los Jaivas (LP, Album)||EMI||SLDC-42015||Chile||1975|