The Cinematic Orchestra - To Believe mp3 album
The Cinematic Orchestra are back with a definitive new album that explores a timeless question of vital importance in 2019 - what to believe? Founding member Jason Swinscoe and longtime partner Dominic Smith have enlisted album contributions from collaborators old and new: Moses Sumney, Roots Manuva, Heidi Vogel, Grey Reverend (vocalist on Bonobo’s 'First Fires’), Dorian Concept and Tawiah (Mark Ronson, Kindness), Miguel Atwood-Ferguson (Flying Lotus, Anderson Paak, Thundercat, Hiatus Kaiyote) features on strings and photographer and visual artist Brian B+ . It’s hard to believe it’s been 12 years since The Cinematic Orchestra released their last studio album, Ma Fleur in 2007. Did you achieve what you hoped to in the time since? 12 years from now will be 2031. What will you do before then?
The Cinematic Orchestra - To Believe. To Believe' the new album from The Cinematic Orchestra, released 15 March 2019 via Ninja Tune. The Cinematic Orchestra. To Believe, The New Album Out Now. Listen & Stream Save Add. Live Tour.
The Cinematic Orchestra. Download MP3.
But The Cinematic Orchestra’s is a genuinely remarkable comeback. It’s been 12 years since DJ Jason Swinscoe and long-term collaborator Dominic Smith’s electronic nu-jazz outfit released their third album, Ma Fleur, and To Believe was scheduled for release two years ago. Its opener, and title track, was first unveiled back in 2016. But this is not an album into which ess emotions and thoughts are poured. Like the title of one of its most affecting tracks, The Workers of Art – and all Cinematic Orchestra releases before it – this is an ambitious creation, meticulously crafted and assembled.
The group's first album in 12 years is beautiful, but too often lacks subtlety. The Cinematic Orchestra - To Believe You could be forgiven for assuming The Cinematic Orchestra are promoting a new self-help book or religious cult rather than a new record. The prerequisite of everything in life is belief, both good and bad," collaborator Dominic Smith mused recently. That's all the more disappointing because The Cinematic Orchestra has done so much better with the same source materials. It's hard not to pit "A Caged Bird/Imitations Of Life," featuring Roots Manuva, against one of the group's most profound tracks, "All Things To All Me. On that 2002 track, Manuva's booming vocal cut through the heart of institutionalized racism and poverty.
The new album 'To Believe', out now on Ninja Tune: tc. nk. Follow The Cinematic Orchestra - this site: found. ee/tco-sp Apple Music: found. ee/tco-fb Twitter: found. ee/tco-tw Youtube: found. ee/tco-yt Soundcloud: found. Album release date: 15 March 2019.
To Believe The new album featuring Moses Sumney, Roots Manuva, Grey Reverend, Heidi Vogel and more Out 15 March tc.
January 15, 2019 In News. Hear its first single featuring Roots Manuva. The Cinematic Orchestra have returned with their first studio album in 12 years, To Believe, out this March via Ninja Tune. Alongside Roots Manuva, the album includes cameos by Moses Sumney, Tawaih, Grey Reverend and Heidi Vogel
Acts like the Cinematic Orchestra are sometimes dismissed as background music. To Believe refutes that completely. But once you've pressed play, there is no ignoring it.
Tracklist Hide Credits
Featuring – Moses Sumney
|2||A Caged Bird / Imitations Of Life
Featuring – Roots Manuva
|4||Wait For Now / Leave The World
Featuring – Tawiah
|5||The Workers Of Art||6:16|
|6||Zero One / This Fantasy
Featuring – Grey Reverend
Featuring – Heidi Vogel
- Manufactured By – Optimal Media GmbH – AJ58577
- Mixed At – Electric Lady Studios
- Mastered At – Sterling Sound
- Artwork – The Designers Republic
- Artwork [Cover Front] – Typesomething Foundry
- Artwork [Direction] – Ian Anderson
- Backing Vocals – L D Brown* (tracks: 2)
- Bass – Kaveh Rastager* (tracks: 5), Sam Vicary (tracks: 1 to 6)
- Conductor – Jules Buckley (tracks: 2)
- Double Bass [Upright Bass] – Kevin Abdella (tracks: 2)
- Drums – Luke Flowers (tracks: 2; 3; 4; 6; 7)
- Engineer [Recording] – Adam Durbridge, Be Hussey, Kevin Abdella, Pete Clements, Pete Min, Steve Hodge
- Guitar – Kevin Abdella (tracks: 6), L D Brown* (tracks: 3; 4; 6; 7)
- Keyboards [Keys] – Dominic J Marshall (tracks: 3)
- Mastered By – Randy Merrill
- Mixed By – Tom Elmhirst
- Mixed By [Engineer] – Brandon Bost
- Orchestra – Metropole Orchestra (tracks: 2)
- Organ – Dennis Hamm (tracks: 6)
- Percussion – João Parahyba (tracks: 2)
- Performer, Producer, Arranged By, Written-By – Dominic Smith , Jason Swinscoe*
- Piano – Aleks Podraza (tracks: 1; 3; 4; 5), Dennis Hamm (tracks: 3)
- Saxophone – Tom Chant (tracks: 3)
- Strings – Miguel Atwood-Ferguson
- Synthesizer – Dennis Hamm (tracks: 7)
- Vocals [Additional] – Dominic Smith (tracks: 6)
- Written-By – L D Brown* (tracks: 3; 6), Miguel Atwood-Ferguson (tracks: 5), Moses Sumney (tracks: 1), Rodney Smith (tracks: 2), S Favero* (tracks: 7), B Tawiah* (tracks: 4)
NotesLimited edition as a pre-order directly from the artist/Domino Records. including 180g clear vinyl and 180g white vinyl housed in roughboard sleeve with black foil detail and glossy printed inners. white on side A/B, clear on side C/D. Made in the EU.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode (On sticker, text & scan): 887828045631
|ZENCD226||The Cinematic Orchestra||To Believe (CD, Album, Gat)||Ninja Tune||ZENCD226||UK||2019|
|WIGCD456||The Cinematic Orchestra||To Believe (CD, Album)||Domino||WIGCD456||US||2019|
|WIGLP456||The Cinematic Orchestra||To Believe (2xLP, Album)||Domino, Ninja Tune||WIGLP456||US||2019|
|ZENDNL226||The Cinematic Orchestra||To Believe (7xFile, FLAC, Album)||Ninja Tune||ZENDNL226||UK||2019|
|ZEN226||The Cinematic Orchestra||To Believe (2xLP, TP, W/Lbl)||Ninja Tune||ZEN226||UK||2019|