Jenny Hval & Susanna - Meshes Of Voice mp3 album
Meshes of Voice is the transfixing result of a 2009 live collaboration between Norwegian singers Jenny Hval and Susanna Wallumrød. These 15 interconnected pieces unfold a surrealistic saga that makes up one of the best records of either’s career. Meshes of Voice is the transfixing result of a 2009 live collaboration between Norwegian singers Jenny Hval and Susanna Wallumrød.
Listen to music from Jenny Hval & Susanna like A Mirror In My Mouth, A Sudden Swing & more. Find the latest tracks, albums, and images from Jenny Hval & Susanna. The 2014 album Meshes of Voice was first conceived in 2009 in a series of letters, and manifest in two live performances.
Meshes of Voice is the transfixing result of a 2009 live collaboration between Norwegian singers Jenny Hval and Susanna Wallumrød. Meshes of Voice Q&A. Producers Jenny Hval & Susanna Wallumrød. Writers Jenny Hval, Jenny Hval & Susanna & Susanna Wallumrød.
Jenny Hval & Susanna's collaboration 'Meshes of Voice' from 2009 will be released as an album on the label SusannaSonata in August 2014. Recorded live at Henie Onstad Arts Centre together with Jo Berger Myhre and Anita Kaasbøll. Jenny Hval & Susanna has composed the music and lyrics. Album released: in Norway and Germany 15th of August 2014 in UK 18th of August 2014 in USA 19th of August 2014.
Complete your Jenny Hval & Susanna collection.
Meshes of Voice is a project where Jenny Hval and Susanna brings the best out of each other. This collaborative album’s framework is based on Meshes of the Afternoon, a 1943 film that details how simple everyday occurrences develop subconsciously into an emotional and critical experience. Once one dozes off everyday activities turn into events of deep seated frustration and loneliness when your mind is free to wonder. The duo’s abstract lyricism and other worldly instrumentation envisions a black lake where the sounds of nature become enveloped in a wall of cacophonous noise
Conversely, Jenny Hval (Susanna's compatriot, and a poet and novelist as well as one-woman band Rockettothesky) negotiates the same terrain with a fierce, dissonant candour – their meeting was always likely to strike sparks. They jointly wrote Meshes of Voice for Ladyfest in 2009, inspired by Maya Deren's 1943 surrealist film, Meshes of the Afternoon, and the gothic visions of Antoni Gaudí.
Features Song Lyrics for Jenny Hval & Susanna's Meshes of Voice album. Jenny Hval & Susanna - Meshes Of Voice Album. Artist: Jenny Hval & Susanna. Send "Jenny Hval & Susanna" Ringtones to your Cell. Album: Meshes Of Voice.
|4||I Have Walked This Body||5:37|
|5||O Sun O Medusa||2:19|
|6||A Mirror In My Mouth||3:05|
|7||Thirst That Resembles Me||4:15|
|8||I Have A Darkness||4:48|
|9||A Sudden Swing||2:53|
|13||House Of Bones||2:28|
|15||The Black Lake Took||3:23|
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – SusannaSonata
- Copyright (c) – SusannaSonata
- Recorded At – Henie-Onstad Kunstsenter
- Mixed At – Audio Virus Lab
- Mastered At – Audio Virus Lab
- Arranged By [Performance Arranged By], Producer [Performance Produced By] – Jenny Hval, Susanna
- Arranged By [Performance Arranged With Contributions From], Producer [Performance Produced With Contributions From] – Anita Kaasbøll, Jo Berger Myhre
- Artwork [Art] – Arne Bendik Sjur
- Cover [Cover Design], Design [Cover Design], Artwork – Johanna Blom
- Double Bass, Zither, Effects, Noises [Noise] – Jo Berger Myhre
- Mixed By, Mastered By – Helge Sten
- Music By [Music Composed By], Lyrics By [Lyrics Composed By] – Jenny Hval, Susanna
- Recorded By – David Solheim
- Voice, Effects, Noises [Noise], Drums – Anita Kaasbøll
- Voice, Effects, Noises [Noise], Sampler [Samples], Guitar, Autoharp, Piano – Jenny Hval
- Voice, Grand Piano, Effects, Noises [Noise], Sampler [Samples], Harmonium [Electric Harmonium] – Susanna
NotesRecorded at Henie Onstad Arts Centre 8th of March 2009 Høvikodden, Norway
Mixed and mastered at Audio Virus LAB
Art by Arne Bendik Sjur is used with permission from the artist.
Supported by FFL&B
We would like to thank Ladyfest and Henie Onstad Arts Centre for giving us the opportunity to dig in to the universe of Meshes: Elin Ø. Vister, Erica Berthelsen, Hilde Zwaig Kolstad, Tone Emblemsvåg, Lars Mørch Finborud, Lasse Marhaug.
Huge thank yous to Anita Kaasbøll, Jo Berger Myhre, David Solheim, Tor S. Ditlevsen, Guri Dahl og Håvard Volden for unique contributions on music, sound and visuals.
Thank you to Helge Sten for dedication in mixing and mastering.
Special thanks to Arne Bendik Sjur for lending us your art.
P + C 2014 SusannaSonata
Released in 6-panel Digipak, with 12 pp. booklet.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode (EAN): 7041880992002
- Mastering SID Code: IFPI LB45
- Mould SID Code: IFPI 0773
- Matrix / Runout: SONATA CD 014 -634341-A 21
|SONATALP014||Jenny Hval & Susanna||Jenny Hval & Susanna - Meshes Of Voice (2xLP, Album)||SusannaSonata||SONATALP014||Norway||2015|