Billie Holiday - Songs For Distingué Lovers Plus Last Recording mp3 album
Songs for Distingué Lovers is an album by jazz singer Billie Holiday released in 1957 on Verve Records.
Songs For Distingué Lovers' (tracks: 1 to 6) recorded January 1957 'Last Recording' (tracks: 7 to 18) recorded March 3, 4 and 11, 1959. 1 to 6 1957 Verve Records New York 7 to 18 1959 Verve Records New York.
Album Songs For Distingué Lovers (1958). Photography By. Burt Goldblatt. Billie Holiday "Songs For Distingué Lovers" (1958) album. More Billie Holiday albums. Billie Holiday albums.
Billie Holiday - Songs For Distingue Lovers. Label: Analogue Productions (Verve). The song selection is incredible, the musicians are world class, and the recording is wonderful. Many feel this was her best studio album and Analogue Productions has taken this great LP to a whole new level. They have given it to us on dynamic 45 RPM LPs and a dead quiet pressing. I really like this album and it's so nice to have such great music sounding so good. My highest recommendation!" - Jack Roberts, dagogo. com, September 2012 these are all truly classic Verve titles that you simply don't want to miss.
Songs for Distingué Lovers forms part of the last series of extensive small-group recordings that Lady Day would make in the studio. Although her voice was largely shot at this point, she puts so much feeling into the lyrics that it’s easy to overlook her dark sound. There are plenty of short solos for Edison, Webster, and Kessel.
Artist: Billie Holiday, Song: Songs for Distingué Lovers, Duration: 58:43, File type: mp3. №3852706066. all songs . Other listen. anna naklab supergirl dj antonio bootleg extended mix. simmy ntaba. post malone feat 21 savage rockstar jolyon petch s proper club mix. rihanna umbrella reese remix.
Explore Billie Holiday's board "Album Covers", followed by 514 people on Pinterest. Billie Holiday - Songs for Distingue Lovers. Billie Holiday, musician 24 Of History's Most Epic Last Words. Lady Sings The Blues, Billie Holiday, Best Songs, Strange Fruit, Diana, Singing, Jazz, Strength, Label.
Billie Holiday, Ray Ellis & His Orchestra. 2016 Original Album plus Bonus Tracks 1959. Songs for Distingué Lovers. 2016 Original Album plus Bonus Tracks 1957. Strange Fruit -. Billie Holiday.
Tracklist Hide Credits
|Songs For Distingué Lovers|
|1||Day In Day Out
Written-By – Mercer*, Bloom*
|2||A Foggy Day
Written-By – George And Ira Gershwin*
|3||Stars Fell On Alabama
Written-By – Perkins*, Parish*
|4||One For My Baby
Written-By – Arlen*, Mercer*
|5||Just One Of Those Things
Written-By – Cole Porter
|6||I Didn't Know What Time It Was
Written-By – Rodgers/Hart*
|7||All Of You
Written-By – Cole Porter
|8||Sometimes I'm Happy
Written-By – C. Grey*, I. Caesar*, V. Youmans*
|9||You Took Advantage Of Me
Written-By – Richard Rogers & Lorenz Hart*
|10||When It's Sleepy Time Down South
Written-By – C. Muse*, L. Rene*, O. Rene*
|11||There'll Be Some Changes Made
Written-By – Billy Higgins , W. Benton Verstreet*
|12||Deed I Do
Written-By – Fred Rose, Walter Hirsch
|13||Don't Worry 'bout Me
Written-By – Rube Bloom, Ted Koehler
|14||All The Way
Written-By – Jimmy Van Heusen, Sammy Cahn
|15||Just One More Chance
Written-By – Arthur Johnston, Sam Coslow
|16||It's Not For Me To Say
Written-By – Al Stillman, Robert Allen
|17||I'll Never Smile Again
Written-By – Ruth Lowe
|18||Baby, Won't You Please Come Home
Written-By – Ch. Warfield*, C. Williams*
- Manufactured By – Tecval Memories SA
- Arranged By [Arreglos], Conductor [Dirección] – Ray Ellis (tracks: 7 to 18)
- Double Bass [Contrabajo] – Joe Benjamin (tracks: 7 to 18), Joe Mondragon (tracks: 4 to 6), Milt Hinton (tracks: 7 to 18), Red Mitchell (tracks: 1 to 3)
- Drums [Batería] – Alvin Stoller (tracks: 1 to 3), Larry Bunker (tracks: 4 to 6), Osie Johnson (tracks: 7 to 18)
- Guitar [Guitarra] – Barney Kessel (tracks: 1 to 6), Barry Galbraith (tracks: 7 to 18), Kenny Burrell (tracks: 7 to 18)
- Harp [Arpa] – Betty Putnam* (tracks: 7 to 18)
- Other [Liner Notes] – Carlos Sampayo
- Piano – Hank Jones (tracks: 7 to 18), Jimmy Rowles (tracks: 1 to 6)
- Saxophone – Al Cohn (tracks: 7 to 18), Danny Bank (tracks: 7 to 18), Gene Quillx* (tracks: 7 to 18), Romee Penque* (tracks: 7 to 18)
- Saxophone [Saxo Tenor] – Ben Webster (tracks: 1 to 6)
- Trombone – Billy Byers (tracks: 1 to 6), Jimmy Cleveland (tracks: 7 to 18)
- Trumpet [Trompeta] – Harry "Sweets" Edison*, Joe Wilder (tracks: 7 to 18)
- Vocals [Voz] – Billie Holiday
Notes'Songs For Distingué Lovers' (tracks: 1 to 6) recorded January 1957
'Last Recording' (tracks: 7 to 18) recorded March 3, 4 and 11, 1959
℗ 1 to 6 1957 Verve Records New York
7 to 18 1959 Verve Records New York
Instrument credits and liner notes are in spanish.
A string section (sección de cuerdas) is mentioned for 'Last Recording' without personal credit.
Spanish re-release manufactured in Switzerland for the spanish collection by installments "Maestros del Jazz" edited by Planeta-Agostini.
|MK 42521||Billie Holiday||Songs For Distingué Lovers Plus Last Recording (CD, Album, Comp)||Not On Label||MK 42521||Unknown|