Badlands - Voodoo Highway mp3 album
Voodoo Highway is the second studio album by the American hard rock band Badlands. After their first album, drummer Eric Singer left the band to join KISS, and was replaced by drummer Jeff Martin, who had previously sung lead vocals in the bands Surgical Steel and Racer X. Bassist Greg Chaisson was instrumental in getting his friend Jeff Martin the gig with Badlands.
The album was notable for neglecting on the still popular glam metal, but was instead imbued with blues-tinged hard rock, mostly devoid of the typical 1980s studio polish. The LP was moderately successful in terms of sales, so almost exactly 2 years later a new (turning out to be the last) album is released, titled Voodoo Highway. In general, the release continues the direction presented on their debut.
Voodoo Highway (Cass, Album, Unofficial). Badlands (2). Voodoo Highway (Cass, Album). Atlantic, Titanium Records (4). 78 22514.
Badlands : Voodoo Highway,album, artykuł, lista piosenek, mp3, teksty. 9. Love Don't Mean a Thing. Other productions from Badlands.
Voodoo Highway 11. Fire and Rain 12. Heavan's Train 1. BADLANDS will always be one of the BEST groups from the 80s. I never knew that this album came out in 91. Thanks for the upload its another MASTERPIECE. RIP to a awesome singer U RAY were one of a kind who made my teenage years the best time in my life.
This had possibilities of being a rather good hard rock album, but got overpacked with cliches at the start (opening vocal howl, speed leads that go nowhere, some Led Zep swipes), with the good qualities (strong rhythm playing, great energy) being lost in the mix. It should and could have been better - when these guys let loose, they smoke.
Voodoo Highway is the second album of the band Badlands. After the first Badlands album, drummer Eric Singer left the band to join Kiss, and was replaced by drummer Jeff Martin, who had previously sung lead vocals in the bands Surgical Steel and Racer X. Badlands bandmates Greg Chaisson and Jeff Martin later played together in the bands Blindside Blues Band and RedSea.
Badlands Voodoo Highway is an extraordinary album. Every song is a hit, not a bad song on the thing. Jake E Lee is phenomenal, not to mention the rest of the band. Ray Gillen's vocals are suburb. Too bad that he died too soon. Lord only knows where he could have gone in the music realm with that voice and his songwriting skills. Like all the other great musicians that have passed on too soon, Ray Gillen left his mark.
Tracklist Hide Credits
|1||The Last Time||3:41|
|2||Show Me The Way
Other [Gourd] – Jake E. Lee
Guiro – Jake E. Lee
|7||3 Day Funk
Blues Harp [Second Half] – Ray GillenCongas, Timbales, Maracas, Drum [Jeff Martin Blow Drum], Blues Harp [First Half] – Jeff Martin Cowbell – Jake E. Lee
Bass [Moog] – Jake E. LeeWritten-By – Jeff Martin
|9||Love Don't Mean A Thing
Maracas – Jake E. Lee
Tambourine, Percussion [Size 10 Boot] – Jeff Martin
|11||Fire And Rain
Written-By – James Taylor
Maracas [Huevos] – Jeff Martin
|13||In A Dream
Acoustic Bass – Greg Chaisson
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Atlantic Recording Corporation
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – WEA International Inc.
- Copyright (c) – Atlantic Recording Corporation
- Copyright (c) – WEA International Inc.
- Recorded At – Rumbo Recorders
- Recorded At – Indigo Ranch Studios
- Mixed At – Westlake Audio
- Acoustic Guitar – Jake E. Lee (tracks: 6)
- Art Direction – Bob Defrin
- Backing Vocals – Jeff Martin (tracks: 1, 3, 9)
- Bass – Greg Chaisson (tracks: 1 to 4, 6 to 12)
- Co-producer, Engineer – James A. Ball
- Design [Gator Logo] – Jeff Martin
- Drums – Jeff Martin (tracks: 1 to 4, 6 to 12)
- Engineer [2nd, Mix] – Brad Aldridge*
- Engineer [2nd] – Chris Kupper, Gina Immel, Mike Gunderson, Steve Harrison
- Engineer [Additional, Mix] – Michael Malina
- Guitar – Jake E. Lee (tracks: 1 to 4, 6 to 9, 11, 12)
- Guitar [Dobro] – Jake E. Lee (tracks: 10, 13)
- Illustration [Cover] – John Taylor Dismukes
- Mastered By – Greg Calbi
- Organ – Jake E. Lee (tracks: 1, 3, 7, 8)
- Photography By – Jeff Tisman, Larry Marano, Rick Gould
- Piano – Jake E. Lee (tracks: 2, 11)
- Producer – Jake E. Lee
- Tambourine – Jake E. Lee (tracks: 1, 4, 8, 11)
- Vocals – Ray Gillen (tracks: 1 to 4, 6 to 13)
- Written-By – Greg Chaisson (tracks: 3, 12), Jake E. Lee (tracks: 1 to 10, 12), Ray Gillen (tracks: 1 to 4, 6 to 10, 12, 13)
NotesMade in USA
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 020831-4222-246
- Matrix / Runout: 382251-2 SRC-02 M3S1
|7567-82251-2||Badlands||Voodoo Highway (CD, Album)||Atlantic||7567-82251-2||Europe||1991|
|7567-82251-4||Badlands||Voodoo Highway (Cass, Album)||Atlantic, Titanium Records||7567-82251-4||Europe||1991|
|AMCY-259||Badlands||Voodoo Highway (CD, Album)||Atlantic, Titanium Records||AMCY-259||Japan||1991|
|78 22514||Badlands||Voodoo Highway (Cass, Album)||Atlantic, Titanium Records||78 22514||Canada||1991|
|AMCY-717||Badlands||Voodoo Highway (CD, Album, RE)||Atlantic||AMCY-717||Japan||1994|