The High Llamas - Talahomi Way mp3 album
The High Llamas are an Anglo-Irish avant-pop band formed in London circa 1991. They were founded by singer-songwriter Sean O'Hagan, formerly of Microdisney, with drummer Rob Allum and ex-Microdisney bassist Jon Fell. O'Hagan has led the group since its formation. Their music is often compared to the Beach Boys, who he acknowledges as an influence, although more prominent influences were drawn from bossa nova and European film soundtracks.
Talahomi Way is O’Hagan’s easy listening album. It features bossa nova beats, airy woodwinds and strings that evoke Nelson Riddle as much as anything by Parks. The album is a beaut. If anyone has a right to the music of the Mad Men era, it’s a careful scholar like O’Hagan, who with Microdisney, Stereolab and the High Llamas has explored this terrain with authority. Woven and Rolled has a horn section adding brightness to this mix of acoustic guitars, strings and halting beats. The Ring of Gold strolls past with a spring breeze that reminds one of the glories of stereophonic recordings
In Talahomi Way The High Llamas have produced another album far greater than the sum of its component parts. Talahomi Way's details can speak louder than its actual songs, but this isn't a criticism: here, O'Hagan and crew use those details to make an album that is equally pastoral and meticulous, and listening to it is like visiting a perfectly arranged topiary garden.
The High Llamas: Rob Allum Pete Aves Jon Fell Marcus Holdaway Dominic Murcott Sean O'Hagan. Matrix, Runout (Side 1): DC469LP A 19685. 1 (3). Matrix, Runout: DC469LP B 19685. Other Versions (5 of 5) View All. Cat.
Artist: The High Llamas. Album: Talahomi Way. Released: 2011. Style: Indie pop. Format: MP3 320Kbps. Previously on NewAlbumReleases. net: February 4, 2016 - The High Llamas – Here Come The Rattling Trees (2016). May 4, 2011 - The High Llamas – Damby Delight (2011).
KBPS stands for kilobits per second and the number of KBPS represents the audio quality of the MP3s. Here's the range of quality: 128 kbps good, 192 kbps great, 256 kbps awesome and 320 kbps perfect. Here Come The Rattling Trees 2016.
Talahomi Way is the ninth studio album by London-based musical project The High Llamas, released on April 19, 2011 on Drag City. Wander, Jack Wander" – 3:40. Take My Hand" – 2:34. Woven and Rolled" – 3:09. The Ring of Gold" – 4:11.
|2||Wander, Jack Wander||3:40|
|3||Take My Hand||2:34|
|4||Woven & Rolled||3:08|
|5||The Ring Of Gold||4:11|
|7||Fly Baby, Fly||3:00|
|9||To The Abbey||3:17|
|10||A Rock In May||3:20|
|12||Calling Up, Ringing Down||3:43|
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Drag City Inc.
- Copyright (c) – Drag City Inc.
- Published By – Domino Publishing
- Recorded At – Press Play Studios
- Mastered At – Calyx Mastering
- Backing Vocals – Jo Haynes
- Bass, [Some] Percussion – Jon Fell
- Cello, Piano, Organ, Electric Piano [Wurlitzer, Rhodes], Harpsichord [Spinet], Vocals – Marcus Holdaway
- Design [Artwork], Painting – Jeremy Glogan
- Drums, Percussion [Much] – Rob Allum
- Guitar [Nylon/12-string & Some Electric] – Pete Aves
- Guitar [Nylon], Twelve-String Guitar, Electric Guitar, Organ, Piano, Harpsichord [Spinet], Banjo, Electronics, Vocals – Sean O'Hagan
- Harp – Melissa Kenny
- Layout – Dan Osborn
- Management – Martin Pike
- Mastered By – Bo*, Hans*
- Mixed By – Tim Gane
- Mixed By [Helped] – Rob*, Sean*
- Recorded By – Joe Watson
- Recorded By [Harp, Marimba & Vibes] – Dominic Murcott
- Recorded By [Helped] – Andy Ramsay
- Recorded By [The Rest] [At Home] – Sean*
- Tenor Saxophone, Flute, Clarinet – Steve Hamilton
- Trombone – Mike Kearsey
- Trumpet – John Eacott
- Vibraphone, Marimba – Dominic Murcott
- Violin – Brian Wright, Harriet Davies
- Violin, Viola – Elspeth Cowey
NotesMastered in Berlin by Bo & Hans at Calyx
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 781484046929
- Matrix / Runout: DC469CD 4529-CD-0283,0284 4529-CD-0283 11-027-16
- Mastering SID Code: IFPI LK13
|DC469||The High Llamas||Talahomi Way (LP, Album)||Drag City||DC469||US||2011|
|DC469||The High Llamas||Talahomi Way (CDr, Album)||Drag City||DC469||UK||2011|
|PCD-93395||The High Llamas||Talahomi Way (CD, Album)||P-Vine Records||PCD-93395||Japan||2011|
|DC469||The High Llamas||Talahomi Way (CD, Album, Promo)||Drag City||DC469||US||2011|
|PCD-93395||The High Llamas||Talahomi Way (CD, Album, Promo)||P-Vine Records||PCD-93395||Japan||2011|