Paul Desmond - Summertime mp3 album
In the midst of lolling away his time in semi-retirement after the Dave Brubeck Quartet broke up in 1967, Paul Desmond allowed himself to be lured back into the recording studio by producer Creed Taylor, who knew exactly what to do with his idle, but by no means spent, alto player. The result is a beautifully produced, eclectic album of music that revives Desmond's "bossa antigua" idea and sends it in different directions, directly toward Brazil and various Caribbean regions, as well as back to the jazzy States.
Alto Saxophone – Paul Desmond. Bass – Frank Bruno (tracks: A3), Ron Carter (tracks: A1, A2, A4 to B5). Drums – Airto Moreira (tracks: A1, B1, B3), Leo Morris (tracks: A2, A4, A5, B2, B4, B5). Engineer – Van Gelder. Summertime (LP, Album). Summertime (LP, Album, Gat).
Album · 1969 · 10 Songs. Paul Desmond & Don Sebesky Orchestra. 10 Songs, 40 Minutes. Released: Mar 1, 1969. More By Paul Desmond.
Summertime is an album by American jazz saxophonist Paul Desmond featuring performances recorded in 1968 and released on the CTI label.
Easy Living is an album recorded by American jazz saxophonist Paul Desmond featuring performances recorded between 1963 and 1965 which were released on the RCA Victor label.
Desmond was born Paul Emil Breitenfeld in San Francisco, California, in 1924, the son of Shirley (née King) and Emil Aron Breitenfeld. His father was from a Jewish family from Bohemia and Austria, and his mother was Catholic; throughout his life, Desmond was unsure of his father's background. His father was a pianist, organist, and composer, who accompanied silent films in movie theaters and arranged for music companies.
Samba With Some Barbecue, 04:30. Someday My Prince Will Come, 03:08. Where Is Love?, 05:33. Lady in Cement, 03:08.
|A1||Samba With Some Barbecue||4:20|
|A5||Someday My Prince Will Come||3:05|
|B2||Where Is The Love?||5:30|
|B3||Lady In Cement||3:06|
|B4||North By Northeast||4:30|
- Recorded At – Van Gelder Studio, Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey
- Lacquer Cut At – Van Gelder Studio, Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey
- Mastered At – Monarch Record Mfg. Co. – △12931
- Pressed By – Monarch Record Mfg. Co. – △13315
- Alto Saxophone – Paul Desmond
- Arranged By – Don Sebesky
- Bass – Frank Bruno (tracks: A3), Ron Carter
- Design – Sam Antupit
- Drums – Airto Moreira (tracks: A1, B3), Leo Morris
- Engineer – Rudy Van Gelder
- French Horn – Jim Buffington, Ray Alonge, Tony Miranda
- Guitar – Bucky Pizzarelli (tracks: A3), Eumir Deodato (tracks: B3), Jay Berliner (tracks: B2, B3, B5), Joe Beck (tracks: A1)
- Lacquer Cut By – Rudy Van Gelder
- Photography By – Pete Turner
- Piano – Herbie Hancock
- Producer – Creed Taylor
NotesDistinguishing features of this submission:
Gold A&M labels, with logo left Ⓡ and different text right center of the spindle.
Track 1 on both sides is above the spindle.
NO CTI, NO Creed Taylor.facsimile signature on the right side of the labels.
Possibly; this is a rough dating, that this repressing is after 1970 when Creed Taylor took CTI out from the A&M umbrella.
This is a label variant on these two characteristics.
Pressed by Monarch Record Mfg. Co., Los Angeles, CA.
Pressing is identified by the stamped, encircled (MR) in the deadwax.
The date on side B, 1-7-69 is an indication of the date of original lacquer cutting by Rudy Van Gelder.
The two delta numbers △13315 and △12931 are different numbers indicating a repressing.
These delta numbers represent the two different metal work/plating orders.
Catalog number SP 3015 is the number on the cover front, inner right and spine
Catalog number SP-3015 is the number on the labels only.
Released in a gatefold.
Recorded October 10, 16, 24; November 5, 20; December 26, 1968
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Matrix / Runout (Label Side A): (SP-3029)
- Matrix / Runout (Label Side B): (SP-3030)
- Matrix / Runout (Runout Side A Etched, (MR), ᴠᴀɴ ɢᴇʟᴅᴇʀ, Stamped): 3029-5 (MR) △13315 ᴠᴀɴ ɢᴇʟᴅᴇʀ
- Matrix / Runout (Runout Side B Etched, (MR), ᴠᴀɴ ɢᴇʟᴅᴇʀ, Stamped): 3030 (MR) ᴠᴀɴ ɢᴇʟᴅᴇʀ △12931-X 1-7-69
- Pressing Plant ID (Runouts Stamped): (MR)
- Other (Runouts Stamped): ᴠᴀɴ ɢᴇʟᴅᴇʀ
|SP-3015||Paul Desmond||Summertime (LP, Album, Gat)||A&M Records||SP-3015||US||1969|
|AMP-18007||Paul Desmond||Summertime (LP, Album)||A&M Records||AMP-18007||Japan||Unknown|
|932 032||Paul Desmond||Summertime (Cass, Album)||A&M Records||932 032||Germany||1968|
|SP 4015||Paul Desmond||Summertime (LP, Album)||A&M Records||SP 4015||Italy||1969|
|SMF66-0036||Paul Desmond||Summertime (LP, Album, Gat)||Mayfair||SMF66-0036||Australia||1968|