Ian McNabb - Head Like A Rock mp3 album
Robert Ian McNabb is an English singer-songwriter and musician from Liverpool, England. Although known best for his work as leader and songwriter-in-chief of The Icicle Works in the 1980s, he has also led a critically acclaimed solo career. This article documents his solo releases, followed by a more detailed description of a selection of his releases. Waifs and Strays (2001). People Don't Stop Believin' (2005). Respectfully Yours (2016).
Mixed at Mayfair Studios. Originally mastered at Metropolis.
Home Folk Rock Ian Mcnabb Head Like A Rock (2CD) '2013. Head Like A Rock (2CD) '2013.
Cherry Red CDBRED 552.
Head Like a Rock is a 1994 concept album by Ian McNabb. The album was nominated for the 1994 Mercury Music Prize and was McNabb's second solo album.
Tracklist: 1. Sex With Someone You Love, 2. A Guy Like Me (And A Girl Like You), 3. Loveless Age, 4. You Only Get What You Deserve, 5. Bloom, 6. The Man Who Can Make A Woman Laugh, 7. Liverpool Girl, 8. Absolutely Wrong, 9. Little Princess, 10. Girls Are Birds. More albums from Ian McNabb: Ian McNabb by Ian McNabb. Head Like A Rock by Ian McNabb. Live At Life by Ian McNabb. Truth And Beauty by Ian McNabb. Eclectic Warrior by Ian McNabb. Before All Of This by Ian McNabb. Merseybeast by Ian McNabb. View all albums . A Party Political Broadcast On Behalf Of The Emotional Party. By: Ian McNabb (1998, Rock). 1. Sex With Someone You Love. 2. A Guy Like Me (And A Girl Like You). 4. You Only Get What You Deserve. 6. The Man Who Can Make A Woman Laugh.
Ian McNabb chronology. Truth and Beauty (1993). Head Like a Rock (1994). Singles from Truth and Beauty. Great Dreams of Heaven" Released: July 1991. These Are the Days" Released: October 1991. If Love Was Like Guitars" Released: January 1993. I'm Game" Released: June 1993. (I Go) My Own Way" Released: August-September 1993. All songs written and arranged by Ian McNabb. I Go) My Own Way (5:09). Robert Ian McNabb: Vocals, Keyboards, Guitars. Dave Baldwin: Keyboards on "These are the Days". Gordon Longworth: Lead Guitar on "If Love was Like Guitars", "Story of My Life" and "Presence of the One". Roy Corkill: Electric Bass, Drum and Keyboard Programming.
Tracklist Hide Credits
|1||Fire Inside My Soul||8:34|
|2||You Must Be Prepared To Dream||6:57|
|3||Child Inside A Father
Lead Vocals [Dual Lead Vocal] – Ian McNabb, Ralph Molina
|4||Still Got The Fever||7:28|
Lap Steel Guitar – Greg Leisz
|6||Go Into The Light
Alto Saxophone – Marty Grebb
|7||As A Life Goes By
Guitar [Dobro] – John Porter
|8||Sad Strange Solitary Catholic Mystic
Synthesizer [String Pads], Arranged By [String Arrangements] – Tommy Eyre
|9||This Time Is Forever
Piano – Tommy Eyre
|10||May You Always||8:47|
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Quicksilver Recording Company Ltd.
- Copyright (c) – Quicksilver Recording Company Ltd.
- Recorded At – Red Zone Studios
- Recorded At – Mayfair Studios
- Mixed At – Mayfair Studios
- Mastered At – Metropolis Mastering
- Published By – Warner Chappell Music Ltd.
- Glass Mastered At – PMDC, Germany
- Acoustic Guitar – John Porter (tracks: 5, 6, 9), Roy Corkill (tracks: 5, 6, 7, 9)
- Backing Vocals – Billy Talbot (tracks: 1, 2, 3), Maxi Anderson (tracks: 4, 5, 6, 10), Mike Hamilton* (tracks: 1, 2), Mona Lisa Young (tracks: 4, 5, 6, 10), Ralph Molina (tracks: 1, 2), Terry Young (tracks: 4, 5, 6, 10)
- Bass – Billy Talbot (tracks: 1, 2, 3, 10), James "Hutch" Hutchinson* (tracks: 4, 5, 8, 9), Roy Corkill (tracks: 6, 7)
- Cello – Martin Tillman (tracks: 5, 8)
- Composed By – Ian McNabb
- Design [Packaging] – Phil Smee
- Drums – Joseph "Zigaboo" Modeliste* (tracks: 4, 5, 6, 8, 9), Ralph Molina (tracks: 1, 2, 3, 10)
- Engineer – Joe McGrath
- Engineer [2nd Engineer (Mixing)] – Danny Rafic
- Engineer [2nd Engineer (Recording)] – Rich Veltrop
- Keyboards – John Porter (tracks: 3, 10), Nick Warren (tracks: 4, 9), Tommy Eyre (tracks: 5)
- Mastered By – Tim Young
- Mixed By – Ian McNabb, Pete Schwier
- Organ – Tommy Eyre (tracks: 4, 5, 6, 8)
- Pedal Steel Guitar – Greg Leisz (tracks: 8, 9, 10)
- Percussion – Tony Braunagel (tracks: 5 to 9)
- Performer [The Rest] – Ian McNabb
- Photography By [Back Cover Photo] – Kevin McHugh
- Photography By [Front Cover] – Theo Westenberger
- Photography By [Studio Photos] – Joe Campbell , Roy Corkill
- Producer – Ian McNabb, John Porter
- Rhythm Guitar – Mike Hamilton* (tracks: 1, 2, 3, 10)
- Violin – Scarlet Rivera (tracks: 5, 8)
NotesRecorded at Red Zone Studios, Burbank, California and Mayfair Studios, Regents Park, London.
Mixed at Mayfair Studios.
Originally mastered at Metropolis.
This Way Up is a trademark of Quicksilver Recording Company Ltd.
THE COPYRIGHT IN THIS SOUND RECORDING IS OWNED BY QUICKSILVER RECORDING COMPANY LTD.
℗1994 Quicksilver Recording Company Ltd.
Artwork and Cover ©1994 Quicksilver Recording Company Ltd.
Front cover features: Reggie J. Trickpus
Reggie J. Trickpus is owned by the Alan Ende Ventriloquist Collection
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode (Text): 7 31452 22982 3
- Barcode (Scanned): 731452229823
- Mastering SID Code: none
- Mould SID Code (Variant 1): IFPI 0124
- Mould SID Code (Variant 2): IFPI 0158
- Mould SID Code (Variant 3): IFPI 0145
- Matrix / Runout (Variant 1): 522 298-2 01 / MADE IN GERMANY BY PMDC G
- Matrix / Runout (Variant 2): 522 298-2 01 / MADE IN GERMANY BY PMDC D
- Rights Society: BIEM/STEMRA
- Label Code: LC 5758
- Other (Distribution Code): PG 900
|PHCR-1273||Ian McNabb||Head Like A Rock (CD, Album)||This Way Up||PHCR-1273||Japan||1994|
|522-298 2||Ian McNabb||Head Like A Rock (CD, Album)||This Way Up||522-298 2||Canada||1994|
|522-298 4||Ian McNabb||Head Like A Rock (Cass, Album)||This Way Up||522-298 4||Europe||1994|
|522-298 2, IMCD 233||Ian McNabb||Head Like A Rock (CD, Album)||This Way Up, Island Masters||522-298 2, IMCD 233||UK & Europe||1994|
|CDBRED 552||Ian McNabb||Head Like A Rock (2xCD, Album, RE, RM)||Cherry Red||CDBRED 552||UK||2013|