The Undisputed Truth - Face To Face With The Truth mp3 album
Face to Face With the Truth peaked at on the charts, 71 slots lower than their self-titled debut, yet overall it's artistically more satisfying. Side One is straight head music, all remakes, but arranged totally different from their predecessors. Originally done at a faster tempo by the Temptations, Norman Whitfield slowed the pace for the Truth.
The Undisputed Truth is the self titled debut album of the Motown group of the same name. Released in 1971, it was produced entirely by Norman Whitfield. The album includes the group's biggest hit single (and only US Top 40 hit), "Smiling Faces Sometimes", which peaked at on the US Billboard Hot 100 Chart. Many of the songs on this album were also recorded by the group's Motown labelmates, The Temptations (also produced by Norman Whitfield)
A Trademark of Motown Record Corp. c 1971 A Product of Motown Record Corp. Printed inner sleeve: The Motown Sound – The Sound of Young America™, rev. 8-71.
More By The Undisputed Truth. See All. The Best of Undisputed Truth - Smiling Faces. Method to the Madness. The Undisputed Truth - The Collection. Psychedelic Soul.
More albums from Undisputed Truth: Method To The Madness by Undisputed Truth. Cosmic Truth by Undisputed Truth. Law Of The Land by Undisputed Truth. Down To Earth by Undisputed Truth. Smokin’ by Undisputed Truth. The Undisputed Truth by Undisputed Truth. View all albums . Face To Face With The Truth. By: Undisputed Truth (1971, Funk, Soul). 1. You Make Your Own Heaven And Hell Right Here On Earth. 2. What Is It. 3. Ungena Za Ulimwengu (Unite The World), Friendship Train. 4. Superstar (Remember How You Got Where You Are)
Album Face to Face With the Truth. Friendship Train Lyrics
Face To Face With The Truth. Moving South - SOUTHSIDE MOVEMENT (1975 USA LP on 20th Century, CD reissue is 063 691-2) 15. Face To Face With The Truth - THE UNDISPUTED TRUTH (1972 LP on Gordy & Tamla Motown, CD reissue is 067 100-2). 8 people found this helpful. The album itself mixes the traditional Motown sound with ed soul music. A prime example of this is "You Got The Love I Need", which actually uses a backing track recorded in 1965 - the same backing track used for The Temptations' song "I Got Heaven Right Here On Earth", which is an unreleased outtake from their A Lot O' Soul album. You Got The Love I Need" was released as the B-side to The Undisputed Truth's hit single "Smiling Faces Sometimes"
Tracklist Hide Credits
|1||You Make Your Own Heaven And Hell Right Here On Earth||6:58|
|2||What It Is?||4:56|
|3||Ungena Za Ulimwengu (Unite The World) Friendship Train||8:51|
|4||Superstar (Remember How You Got Where You Are)||3:07|
|5||Take Me In Your Arms And Love Me
Composed By – B. Strong*, C. Grant*, R. Penzabene*
|6||Don't Let Him Take Your Love From Me||5:24|
|7||What's Going On
Composed By – A. Cleveland*, M. Maye*, Benson*
- Published By – Jobete Music Co., Inc.
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Gordy Records
- Copyright (c) – Motown Records
- Remastered At – Miracle Records
- Record Company – UMG Recordings, Inc.
- Made By – Universal M & L, Germany
- Art Direction – Curtis McNair
- Composed By – N. Whitfield-B. Strong* (tracks: 1 to 4, 6)
- Engineer [Mastering Engineer] – Orson Lewis
- Engineer [Mastering Engineer], Concept By [Cover Concept] – Norman Whitfield
- Liner Notes – David Cole
- Musician, Bass – James Jamerson
- Musician, Drums – Aaron Smith , Andrew Smith , Richard "Pistol" Allen*
- Musician, Guitar – Eddie Willis, Joe Messina, Melvin "Wah Wah" Watson, Robert White
- Musician, Lead Guitar – Dennis Coffey
- Musician, Organ – Johnny Griffith
- Musician, Percussion [Bongo And Congo Drums] – Eddie Brown*
- Musician, Percussion [Tympani, Gourd], Vibraphone [Vibes], Bells – Jack Brokensha
- Musician, Piano – Earl Van Dyke
- Musician, Tambourine, Maracas – Jack Ashford
- Photography By [Front And Back Cover Photos] – Hendin*
- Photography By [Inner Photo] – Weldon Arthur McDougal, III.*
- Reissue Producer – Gilles Pétard
- Reissue Producer [Supervision] – Gérard Woog
- Supervised By [Graphic Supervision] – Tom Schlesinger
Notes℗ 1971 Gordy Records
© 2003 Motown Records, a division of UMG Recordings, Inc.
High Resolution 24-bit / 96-kHz digital remastering
The composer credit to Marvin Gaye (track 7) appears with a spelling error
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode (Printed): 0 44006 71002 0
- Barcode: 044006710020
- Rights Society: BIEM/MCPS
- Label Code: LC00881
|G959L, G 959L||The Undisputed Truth*||Face To Face With The Truth (LP, Album, Gat)||Gordy, Gordy||G959L, G 959L||US||1971|
|STMA 8004, 1E 064 ◦ 93236||Undisputed Truth||Face To Face With The Truth (LP, Album)||Tamla Motown, Tamla Motown||STMA 8004, 1E 064 ◦ 93236||UK||1972|
|G-959L DJ||The Undisputed Truth*||Face To Face With The Truth (LP, Album, Promo)||Gordy||G-959L DJ||US||1971|
|G959L, G 959L||The Undisputed Truth*||Face To Face With The Truth (LP, Album, Gat)||Gordy, Gordy||G959L, G 959L||Canada||1971|
|MS-9041||Undisputed Truth||Frente A Frente Con La Verdad (LP, Promo, Album)||Tamla Motown||MS-9041||Spain||1972|