Miles Davis - Tutu mp3 album
Tutu is an album by American jazz trumpeter Miles Davis, released in 1986 by Warner Bros. Davis received the 1987 Best Jazz Instrumental Performance, Soloist Grammy Award for his performance on the album.
Tutu is an album by American jazz trumpeter Miles Davis, released in 1986 by Warner Bros.
The controversial but memorable Tutu is mostly a duet between Miles Davis and the many overdubbed instruments of producer Marcus Miller (although violinist Michal Urbaniak, percussionist Paulinho da Costa, and keyboardist George Duke are among the other musicians making brief apperaances). Certainly the results are not all that spontaneous, but Davis is in top form and some of the selections (most notably the title cut) are quite memorable.
Records, Warner Bros.
Miles Davis - Tutu 1986 HQ (original album version) from the album Tutu. Tutu composed and arranged by Marcus Miller. Has been played on. France 14. Jazz Radio - Ladies & Crooners. 9. Jazz Radio by Classic Jazz.
other tracks: Miles Davis. play) (pause) (download) (fb) (vk) (tw). Miles Davis Kind Of Blue. Miles Davis You're Under Arrest. Miles Davis Bitches Brew.
Tutu is an album released in 1986 by trumpeter Miles Davis on Warner Bros. Originally planned as a collaboration with pop singer/songwriter Prince, Davis ultimately worked with mentalist Marcus Miller. Miller wrote and arranged all the songs, except "Tomaas" (co-written by Davis), "Backyard Ritual" (by keyboardist George Duke), and "Perfect Way" (by pop group Scritti Politti).
Visit ww. nGuardOnline. gov for social networking safety tips for parents and youth. Focuses on the final chapter in the landmark collaboration between Davis and saxophonist John Coltrane: their last live performances together. Recorded in support of Kind of Blue, the best-selling jazz album of all time. 4CD set includes concerts recorded in Paris, Copenhagen and Stockholm from original master tapes. 1LP features the concert from Copenhagen and 2LP features the concerts from Paris.
|7||Don't Lose Your Mind||5:49|
- Engineered At – Capitol Studios
- Engineered At – Clinton Recording Studio
- Engineered At – Le Gonks West
- Mixed At – Ocean Way Recording
- Mixed At – Atlantic Studios
- Mastered At – The Mastering Lab
- Edited At – WCI Record Group
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Warner Bros. Records Inc.
- Copyright (c) – Warner Bros. Records Inc.
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – WEA International Inc.
- Copyright (c) – WEA International Inc.
- Distributed By – Warner Music Canada Ltd
- Arranged By – George Duke (tracks: 5), Marcus Miller (tracks: 1 to 4, 6 to 8)
- Art Direction – Eiko Ishioka
- Bass Guitar – Marcus Miller (tracks: 5)
- Design – Susan Welt
- Drums, Percussion – Omar Hakim (tracks: 2)
- Engineer [Assistant] – Maureen Thompson (tracks: 1 to 4, 6 to 8), Mitch Gibson (tracks: 5)
- Engineer [Capitol Records] – Peter Doell (tracks: 1 to 4, 6 to 8)
- Engineer [Clinton Recording] – Eric Calvi (tracks: 1 to 4, 6 to 8)
- Engineer [Le Gonks] – Erik Zobler (tracks: 5)
- Executive-Producer – Tommy LiPuma
- Instruments [All Other] – George Duke (tracks: 5), Marcus Miller
- Management – David Franklin & Associates, Ed Howard , Skip Williams
- Mastered By – Doug Sax
- Mixed By – Bill Schnee (tracks: 1, 3, 4), Eric Calvi (tracks: 2, 6 to 8), Erik Zobler (tracks: 5)
- Mixed By [Assistant] – Eddie Garcia (tracks: 2, 6 to 8)
- Percussion – Paulinho Da Costa (tracks: 1, 3 to 5)
- Percussion [Additional] – Steve Reid (tracks: 4)
- Photography By – Irving Penn
- Producer – George Duke (tracks: 5), Marcus Miller (tracks: 1 to 4, 6 to 8), Tommy LiPuma
- Producer [Assistant] – Larry Fishman
- Programmed By [Synthesizer, Additional] – Adam Holzman, Marcus Miller
- Programmed By [Synthesizer] – Jason Miles
- Synthesizer [Additional] – Bernard Wright (tracks: 2, 7)
- Synthesizer, Soloist – Adam Holzman (tracks: 4)
- Trumpet – Miles Davis
- Violin [Electric] – Michael Urbaniak* (tracks: 7)
NotesEnginered at Capitol Records and Clinton Recording except "Backyard Ritual" engineered at Le Gonks
"Tutu", "Portia", "Splatch" and "Backyard Ritual" mixed at Ocean Way
"Tomaas", "Perfect Way", "Don't Lose Your Mind" and "Full Nelson" mixed at Atlantic Studios
Originally mastered at Mastering Lab
CDD pre-mastering by WCI Record Group
℗ © 1986 Warner Bros. Records Inc. for the U.S. and WEA International Inc. for the world outside the U.S.
Distributed by / Distribué par Warner Music Canada Ltd.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 0 75992 54902 8
- Matrix / Runout: #930606B CD-25490 MFG BY CINRAM
- Other (Mould Detail): 18
- Mould SID Code: IFPI6000
|1-25490, 9 25490-1||Miles Davis||Tutu (LP, Album)||Warner Bros. Records, Warner Bros. Records||1-25490, 9 25490-1||US||1986|
|92 54901||Miles Davis||Tutu (LP, Album, Club)||Warner Bros. Records||92 54901||Canada||1986|
|WPGR-10016||Miles Davis||Tutu (SACD, Album, Ltd, RE, RM, SHM)||Warner Bros. Records||WPGR-10016||Japan||2011|
|1-25490, 9 25490-1||Miles Davis||Tutu (LP, Album, All)||Warner Bros. Records, Warner Bros. Records||1-25490, 9 25490-1||US||1986|
|9 25490-4||Miles Davis||Tutu (Cass, Album)||Warner Bros. Records||9 25490-4||France||1986|