Joshua Abrams - Represencing mp3 album
Joshua Abrams – Represencing. Label: Eremite Records – mte-58. Harmonium – Joshua Abrams (tracks: A3). Mastered By – Michael King (9). Mixed By – Griffin Rodriguez. Music By, Composed By – Joshua Abrams. Painting – Lisa Alvarado. Producer – Joshua Abrams, Michael Ehlers. Recorded By – Joshua Abrams. Sampler – Joshua Abrams (tracks: B1). Transferred By – Neil Strauch.
Chicago jazz/improvised music bassist Joshua Abrams brings out the guimbri, a three-stringed North African ceremonial lute, when playing with his Natural Information Society. Live, the instrument’s hypnotic groove provides the supple, willowy base from which the other instrumentalists leap. On his new album, Represencing, Abrams assembles some of the city’s best improvisers to work over the guimbri, but that droning beauty always lies at the core
2015 Eremite Inc. More By Joshua Abrams.
A mainstay of the Chicago music scene for more than a decade with recorded appearances alongside such figures as Nicole Mitchell, Jason Stein, Rob Mazurek, and the minimal chamber group Town & Country, it remained to be seen what bassist/string t Joshua Abrams would do when presented with the opportunity to direct an album. While Natural Information - which also featured such luminaries as drummers Nori Tanaka and Frank Rosaly; vibraphonist Jason Adasciewicz; and guitarist Emmett Kelley - was a bit toothy, Represencing smooths the concept over into a whole that is both atmospheric and arresting.
Joshua Abrams - Represencing (2012)/07 - Enter Mountain Amulet. Joshua Abrams - Represencing (2012)/05 - Sungazer.
Joshua Abrams Represencing. play) (pause) (download) (fb) (vk) (tw). Joshua Abrams & Natural Information Society Maroon Dune. Joshua Abrams & Natural Information Society St. Cloud. Joshua Abrams & Natural Information Society In Memory's Prism.
|7||Enter Mountain Amulet|
|9||Sound Talisman (Live)|
- Published By – Lospotreros
- Mixed At – Engine Studios
- Acoustic Guitar – Emmett Kelly (tracks: 7)
- Autoharp – Ben Boye (tracks: 9)
- Bass Clarinet – Jason Stein (tracks: 6)
- Cello – Tomeka Reid (tracks: 5)
- Drums – Chad Taylor (tracks: 2), Frank Rosaly
- Electric Guitar – Emmett Kelly (tracks: 4, 9), Jeff Parker (tracks: 8)
- Flute [Flutes] – Nicole Mitchell (tracks: 6)
- Gong – Chad Taylor (tracks: 1), Lisa Alvarado (tracks: 4, 9)
- Guimbri, Organ, Synth [MS20], Harp [Harps], Bells – Joshua Abrams
- Harmonium – Joshua Abrams (tracks: 3), Lisa Alvarado (tracks: 7, 8)
- Mastered By – Michael King
- Mixed By – Griffin Rodriguez
- Music By [All Music Created], Composed By – Joshua Abrams
- Painting [Cover Painting] – Lisa Alvarado
- Producer – Joshua Abrams, Michael Ehlers
- Sampler [MPC] – Joshua Abrams (tracks: 4)
- Tambourine – Michael Zerang (tracks: 8)
- Transferred By [Tape Transfer] – Neil Strauch
NotesPublished by Lospotreros (ascap)
Recorded at home summer 2011.
Mixed at Engine Studios.
The CD edition of represencing is presented in a matte stoughton miniaturized 'laserdisc' sleeve with 25 minutes of previously unreleased additional material.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Rights Society: ASCAP
|mte-58||Joshua Abrams||Represencing (LP, Album, Ltd)||Eremite Records||mte-58||US||2012|