Gwenno - Le Kov mp3 album
Through Le Kov, Gwenno doesn't redefine her retro style. As with Y Dydd Olaf, there will probably be limited interest in Le Kov – as laudable as an entire album sung in Cornish is, there’s sadly not much of an audience for it. Yet Gwenno is doing important work here, and for those willing to open their minds and step into the mythical land of Le Kov will find that they may not want to leave.
Le Kov’ is Gwenno’s second studio album, following the release of two EP’s and her debut album ‘Y Dydd Olaf’ in 2015. Unlike her first album, ‘Le Kov’ is performed entirely in Cornish. Gwenno grew up in a home where both Cornish and Welsh were spoken, hence the reasoning behind not performing in English as much. Drum Engineering Gorwel Owen. Produced by Rhys Edwards.
Gwenno Saunders, maker of new album Le Kov. Photograph: David Levene for the Guardian.
Le Kov translates as a place of memory. They were electronic songs and they weren't great.
Written-By – Gwenno Saunders, Rhys Edwards (2) (tracks: 1, 2, 4 to 6, 10). Notes.
Le Kov ("a place of memory" in Cornish) is the second studio album by Welsh singer-songwriter Gwenno. It was released on 2 March 2018 on Heavenly Recordings. The first single from the album is "Tir Ha Mor (Land And Sea)".
Is Le Kov the best album by Gwenno? BestEverAlbums. com brings together thousands of 'greatest ever album' charts and calculates an overall ranking. This album At A Glance. Le Kov by Gwenno (2018) Release date: 2018-03-02 Overall rank: 20,684th. Accolades: Top albums of 2018 (237th). Top albums of the 2010s (4,211th). Best albums of all time (20,684th).
|A1||Hi A Skoellyas Liv A Dhagrow|
|A2||Tir Ha Mor|
|B1||Den Heb Taves|
|B2||Daromres Y'n Howl|
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Heavenly Recordings
- Copyright (c) – Heavenly Recordings
- Licensed To – [pias]
- Mixed At – Solar Management Ltd.
- Mastered At – Black Saloon Studios
- Pressed By – Optimal Media GmbH – BH01575
- Design [Raglinys] – Louise Mason
- Drums [Tabouryouw] – Peter Richardson* (tracks: A1, A3, A4, B1, B2, B5)
- Engineer [Drum Engineering / Ynjinorieth Tabouryouw] – Gorwel Owen (tracks: A1, A3, A4, B1, B2, B5)
- Engineer [Mixing Assisted By / Yn-Hweresys Gans] – Marta Salogni
- Engineer [Mixing Engineered By / Kemmyski Yn-Ynjinys Gans] – Jack Sugden, Sam Petts Davies*, Tuck Nelson
- Instruments [Pub Dafar] – Gwenno Saunders, Rhys Edwards
- Lacquer Cut By – HL
- Mastered By [Yn-Festrys Gans] – Mandy Parnell
- Mixed By [Yn-Kemmyskys Gans], Programmed By [Additional Programming / Towlenna Ynwedhek Gans] – David Wrench
- Photography By [Cover Photo By / Skeusenn Aden Gans] – Michal Iwanowski
- Producer [Yn-Routys] – Rhys Edwards
- Vocals [Additional / Leuansow Ynwedek] – Gruff Rhys (tracks: B2)
- Written-By [Yn-Skrifys Gans] – Gwenno Saunders, Rhys Edwards (tracks: A1, A2, A4, A5, B1, B5)
NotesLight blue coloured vinyl.
Includes download code.
Lyrics and credits printed in both Cornish and English.
Mixed and additional programming ... for Solar Management Ltd
Copies pre-ordered directly from Heavenly coming signed by the artist.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode (Scanned): 5414940007343
- Barcode (Text): 5 414940 007343
- Matrix / Runout (Runout side A, stamped): BH01575–01 A1 HL
- Matrix / Runout (Runout side B, stamped): BH01575–01 B1 HL
- Matrix / Runout (Runout both sides, hand-etched): HVNLP145
|none||Gwenno||Le Kov (10xFile, MP3, Album, 256)||Heavenly||none||2018|
|HVNLP145CD||Gwenno||Le Kov (CD, Album)||Heavenly||HVNLP145CD||UK||2018|