Talk Talk - Spirit Of Eden mp3 album
Авторы текста и музыки. Tim Friese-Greene, Mark Hollis. WMG (от лица компании "Parlophone Records Ltd. (Catalog)"); PEDL, ASCAP, Warner Chappell, UBEM, CMRRA, UMPG Publishing, LatinAutor, UMPI, LatinAutor - Warner Chappell" и другие авторские общества (9). Композиция. Desire (1997 Remaster). WMG (от лица компании "EMI Records"); UBEM, LatinAutor - Warner Chappell, LatinAutor, CMRRA, EMI Music Publishing, PEDL, UMPI, BMI - Broadcast Music In. Warner Chappell" и другие авторские общества (11).
Spirit of Eden is the fourth studio album by English band Talk Talk, released in 1988 on Parlophone Records. The songs were written by vocalist Mark Hollis and producer Tim Friese-Greene and the album was compiled from a lengthy recording process at London's Wessex Studios between 1987 and 1988. Often working in darkness, the band recorded many hours of improvised performances that drew on elements of rock, blues, jazz, ambient, dub, and classical music.
Talk Talk’s six-year career as a commercially viable band was, at that very moment, dead in the water. Which was odd, because Hollis and Friese-Greene were convinced Spirit of Eden was going to sell four million copies. When they finished the psychotic, 11-month recording process, they were sure this interior, fully realized album would go platinum just like their third album, 1986’s The Colour of Spring-a fragile, autumnal collection of synth-pop shaded with knotty impressionism. Spirit of Eden was the great inhale of religious feeling, one rock and pop music had been expelling for years and years. The thrill and stasis of a held breath carry the album from beginning to end. Take my freedom, Hollis sings on the closing hymn, as the band uses its last bit of thrust before drifting away.
Spirit of Eden is one of the most powerful and singular experiences in modern music. Critical reception has only grown over the years as the album’s subtle emotional spaces reveal themselves over longer periods to be even deeper than originally suspected.
Before Spirit of Eden was released Talk Talk were a big part of the 80's new-wave scene. Surprising everybody the trio went from playing gleeful pop music to suddenly creating a whole new genre, post-rock. Spirit of Eden is arguably the first post-rock album to ever be released but the problem is that three years later Talk Talk released Laughing Stock which is considered to be a monumental post-rock album by several post-rock fans and critics. Spirit of Eden was supposedly a bust by numerous critics, not to mention that it suffers from being overshadowed by Laughing Stock
Compare Spirit of Eden with any other previous release in the Talk Talk catalog, and it's almost impossible to believe it's the work of the same band - exchanging electronics for live, organic sounds and rejecting structure in favor of mood and atmosphere, the album is an unprecedented breakthrough, a musical and emotional catharsis of immense power. Mark Hollis' songs exist far outside of the pop idiom, drawing instead on ambient textures, jazz-like arrangements, and avant-garde accents; for all of their intricacy and delicate beauty, compositions like "Inheritance".
When Talk Talk released Spirit Of Eden 30 years ago yesterday, they joined those ranks. Led by Mark Hollis and the band’s co-writer/producer Tim Friese-Greene, they embarked on one of the most radical reinventions to ever occur in alternative music. From 1982 to 1991, Talk Talk released five albums. On an album this subtle, charges of pretension are obviously going to arise as much as accolades. Spirit Of Eden is an art-rock album so unflinching and unapologetic that it still registers as avant-garde today. Hollis, perhaps alluding to the boundary-exploding jazz albums of the late ’60s, might’ve had a point in arguing that Spirit Of Eden wouldn’t have been regarded as so shocking 20 years earlier.
Spirit Of Eden is a music studio album recording by TALK TALK (Crossover Prog/Progressive Rock) released in 1988 on cd, lp, vinyl and/or cassette. Spirit of Eden Remastered Emi Import 2012.
Nom du groupe Talk Talk. Nom de l'album Spirit of Eden. Date de parution 1988. Labels Parlophone EMI Records. Style MusicalNew-Wave. Membres possèdant cet album10. 3. I Believe in You. 4. Wealth. Autres productions de Talk Talk.
|5||I Believe In You|
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – EMI Records Ltd.
- Copyright (c) – EMI Records Ltd.
- Marketed By – EMI
- Distributed By – EMI
- Pressed By – ims Manufacturing
- Published By – Warner Chappell Music Ltd.
- Published By – F.Sharpe Productions Ltd.
- Published By – EMI Music Publishing Ltd.
- Remastered At – Country Masters
- Designed At – Antar
- Artwork – Rob Crane
- Bassoon – Andrew Stowell
- Choir – Choir Of Chelmsford Cathedral
- Clarinet – Andrew Marriner
- Composed By – Mark Hollis, Tim Friese-Greene
- Coordinator [Project Co-ordination] – Nigel Reeve
- Cor Anglais – Christopher Hooker
- Design [Re-issue Restoration] – Cally
- Dobro, Twelve-String Guitar – Robbie McIntosh
- Double Bass – Danny Thompson
- Drums – Lee Harris
- Electric Bass – Paul Webb
- Engineer – Phill Brown
- Guitarrón [Mexican Bass] – Simon Edwards
- Harmonica – Mark Feltham
- Harmonium, Piano, Organ, Guitar – Tim Friese-Greene
- Management [Talk Talk Are Managed By] – Keith Aspden
- Oboe – Michael Jeans
- Painting [Cover Painting] – James Marsh
- Percussion – Martin Ditcham
- Performer [Shozygs] – Hugh Davies
- Photography By – Stephen Lovell-Davies*
- Producer – Tim Friese-Greene
- Remastered By [Digitally] – Denis Blackham, Phill Brown
- Trumpet – Henry Lowther
- Violin – Nigel Kennedy
- Vocals, Piano, Organ, Guitar – Mark Hollis
NotesThere's three nearly identical versions of this album.
1) Pressed by EMI Swindon + says "Made in the EU" on the CD (Talk Talk - Spirit Of Eden)
2) Pressed by EMI Swindon + says "Made in the UK" on the CD (Talk Talk - Spirit Of Eden)
3) Pressed by Ims Manufacturing + says "Made in the EU" on the CD (this one)
Originally ℗ 1988 The copyright in this sound recording is owned by EMI Records Ltd.
Digital remaster ℗ 1997. The copyright in this sound recording is owned by EMI Records Ltd.
© 1997 EMI Records Ltd.
Place of manufacture as stated on label.
(Sleeve) Printed in UK.
This CD has been digitally remastered from the original 1/2" analogue masters.
Reissue restoration at Antar.
Special thanks to Keith Aspden & Cally.
(Disc) Made in the EU.
Comes in a standard jewel case and eight page booklet containing credits and lyrics.
Long periods of silence after tracks 3, 4, 5, and 6.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode (Scanned): 724385712920
- Barcode (Text): 7 24385 71292 0
- Mastering SID Code (Variants 1, 2 and 3): IFPI LV03
- Mould SID Code (Variant 1): IFPI 2536
- Mould SID Code (Variant 2): IFPI 2535
- Mould SID Code (Variant 3): IFPI 2549
- Matrix / Runout (Variants 1, 2 and 3): [ims manufacturing logo] www.imsgroup.it 8571292
- Rights Society: bel BIEM
- Label Code: LC 0542
- Price Code (I:): 084
- Price Code (F:): PM 516
|PCSD 105, 74 6977 1||Talk Talk||Spirit Of Eden (LP, Album)||Parlophone, Parlophone||PCSD 105, 74 6977 1||UK||1988|
|PCSDX 105, 5099932778717, 50999 32778717, 3277871||Talk Talk||Spirit Of Eden (LP, Album, RE, 180 + DVD-V, Album, RE, NTSC + RP)||Parlophone, Parlophone, Parlophone, Parlophone||PCSDX 105, 5099932778717, 50999 32778717, 3277871||UK & Europe||Unknown|
|SVLP 246||Talk Talk||Spirit Of Eden (LP, Album, Ltd, RM)||Simply Vinyl, EMI||SVLP 246||Europe||2000|
|7243 591455 2 5||Talk Talk||Spirit Of Eden (SACD, Hybrid, Album, RE, RM, Sup)||EMI||7243 591455 2 5||UK & Europe||2003|
|064 746977 1||Talk Talk||Spirit Of Eden (LP, Album)||Parlophone||064 746977 1||Brazil||1988|