Michael Franks - Passionfruit mp3 album
While on first listen Michael Franks' Passion Fruit appears to convey a jazz fusion approach, the inclusion of such contributors as Naná Vasconcelos, Astrud Gilberto and Toots Thielemans actually shows it to be a further continuation of Franks' championing of Brazilian music, with a light and deft touch. As on his previous outing, for which he brought in guest vocalists (Bonnie Raitt, Luther Vandross and Randy VanWarmer), on this album he enlists vocalist Kenny Rankin as well as Gilberto.
Exclusive discount for Prime members. Sample this album Artist (Sample). Passion Fruit is still one of the best Michael Franks records (cd or tape) ever made.
Авторы текста и музыки. WMG (от лица компании "Warner Rhino Off Roster-Audio"); PEDL" и другие авторские общества (2).
Composed By – Michael Franks. Concertmaster – David Nadien. Design – Laura LiPuma. Passionfruit (LP, Album). Records, Warner Bros.
Michael Franks (born September 18, 1944) is an American jazz singer and songwriter, considered a leader of the quiet storm movement. He has recorded with a variety of well-known artists, such as Patti Austin, Art Garfunkel, Brenda Russell, Claus Ogerman, and David Sanborn. His songs have been recorded by Shirley Bassey, The Carpenters, Kurt Elling, Diana Krall, Patti LaBelle, Lyle Lovett, The Manhattan Transfer, Carmen McRae and Ringo Starr.
Michael Franks is a smooth vocal jazz album, and the eponymous debut studio album of American singer-songwriter and musician Michael Franks. All tracks written by Michael Franks. Michael Franks – vocals, banjo, mandolin. Kenny Shroyer – trombone. Lloyd Ulyate – trombone. Chauncey Welsch – trombone. Ollie Mitchell – trumpet. Mike Price – trumpet. Tony Terran – trumpet. Gene Cipriano – French horn.
Tracklist Hide Credits
|A1||Alone At Night
Alto Saxophone – Dave TofaniFlugelhorn – Jon FaddisFlute – Eddie DanielsTrumpet – Randy Brecker
Backing Vocals – Astrud GilbertoPercussion – Nana Vasconcélos*Twelve-String Guitar, Tipple – Hugh McCracken
|A4||Now That Your Joystick's Broke||2:48|
|A5||Sunday Morning Here With You
Backing Vocals – Kenny RankinBells – Christopher Parker*Electric Piano [Fender Rhodes] – Pat RebillotGuitar – John TropeaInstruments [Breathalyzer Solo] – Rob Mounsey
|B1||Never Say Die
Acoustic Guitar – Jeff MironovBacking Vocals – Michael Franks
|B2||Rainy Night In Tokyo
Recorder – George Marge
|B3||Tell Me All About It
Caxixi, Tambourine – Nana Vasconcélos*Percussion [Salt Packets] – Sue Evans
|B4||When Sly Calls (Don't Touch That Phone)
Flugelhorn – Randy Brecker
|B5||How The Garden Grows||3:37|
- Record Company – Warner Bros. Records Inc.
- Record Company – Warner Communications
- Produced For – Flying Monkey Productions, Inc.
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Warner Bros. Records Inc.
- Copyright (c) – Warner Bros. Records Inc.
- Pressed By – Specialty Records Corporation
- Recorded At – Skyline Studios
- Mixed At – Automated Sound Studios
- Mastered At – Sterling Sound
- Published By – Warner-Tamerlane Publishing Corp.
- Published By – Mississippi Mud Music
- Art Direction – Simon Levy
- Backing Vocals – Hamish Stuart (tracks: A1, A3, B2), Kacey Cisyk* (tracks: A2, A3, B1, B2, B4), Lesley Miller (tracks: A2, A3, B1, B2, B4), Will Lee (tracks: A1 to A3, B2)
- Bass – Homer Mensch, John Miller , Neil Jason (tracks: A5, B1, B3, B5), Will Lee (tracks: A1 to A3, B2, B4)
- Cello – Charles McCracken, Jonathan Abramowitz, Warren Lash
- Concertmaster – David Nadien
- Design – Laura LiPuma
- Drums – Christopher Parker* (tracks: A1 to A3, B2, B4), Steve Gadd (tracks: A5, B1, B3, B5)
- Electric Guitar – John Tropea (tracks: B1, B5)
- Electric Piano [Fender Rhodes] – Rob Mounsey (tracks: A2, A3, B2 to B4)
- Engineer [Assistant] – Arthur Payson, Maureen Thompson, Michael Christopher , Roger Moutenot
- Guitar – Hiram Bullock (tracks: A1, A4), Jeff Mironov (tracks: A1 to A3, B2 to B5)
- Harmonica – Toots Thielemans (tracks: A2, B5)
- Harp – Gloria Agostini
- Mastered By – George Marino
- Mixed By, Recorded By – Artie Friedman
- Percussion – Sue Evans (tracks: A2, A5, B2, B4, B5)
- Photography By – Barry McKinley
- Piano – Pat Rebillot (tracks: B1, B5), Rob Mounsey (tracks: A1, B3)
- Producer, Arranged By, Synthesizer – Rob Mounsey
- Recorded By [Additional] – Ed Rak, Marti Robertson*
- Recorded By [Strings] – Ed Rak
- Synthesizer – Rob Mounsey
- Viola – Emanuel Vardi, Judy Geist, Lamar Alsop, Theodore Israel
- Violin – Barry Finclair, Charles Libove, Elena Barere, Gerald Tarack, Jan Mullen, John Pintavalle, Lew Eley*, Matthew Raimondi, Regis Iandiorio, Richard Sortomme
- Written-By – Michael Franks
NotesProduced for Flying Monkey Productions
Mastered at Sterling Sound, N.Y.
Mixed at Automated Sound
Additional Recording at Skyline Studio, N.Y.
℗ & © 1983 Warner Bros. Records Inc. for the U.S. & WEA International Inc. for the U.S.
Lyrics and credits on inner liner.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Matrix / Runout (Side A runout etched): 1-23962-A SR1 1-1
- Matrix / Runout (Side B runout etched): 1-23962 B SR1 1-1
- Matrix / Runout (Stamped both sides): STERLING SRC[Logo]
- Barcode (Text): 07599-23962-1
- Rights Society: BMI
- Matrix / Runout: Side 1 1-23962-A-SH2 *Ballon* B-18465-SH2 SLM *triangle* 5119 1-1
- Matrix / Runout: Side 2 1-23962-B-SH1 *Ballon* B-18466-SH1 SLM *triangle* 5119-X 1-1
- Matrix / Runout (Stamped both sides): STERLING
|1-23962||Michael Franks||Passionfruit (LP, Album)||Warner Bros. Records||1-23962||US||1983|
|92-3962-1||Michael Franks||Passionfruit (LP, Album)||Warner Bros. Records||92-3962-1||France||1983|
|9 23962-2||Michael Franks||Passionfruit (CD, Album, RE)||Warner Bros. Records||9 23962-2||US||1987|
|92-3962-4||Michael Franks||Passionfruit (Cass)||Warner Bros. Records||92-3962-4||USA & Canada||1983|
|9 23962-4, 4-23962||Michael Franks||Passionfruit (Cass, Album)||Warner Bros. Records, Warner Bros. Records||9 23962-4, 4-23962||US||1983|