Colin Stetson - New History Warfare Vol. 3: To See More Light mp3 album
Album · 2013 · 11 Songs. More By Colin Stetson. See All. Never Were the Way She Was. 2015. New History Warfare, Vol 2: Judges. New History Warfare, Vol. 1. 2008. Sorrow - A Reimagining of Gorecki's 3rd Symphony. All This I Do For Glory.
Complete your Colin Stetson collection. What Are They Doing In Heaven Today? This Bed Of Shattered Bone.
I highly recommend seeing Stetson live if you have the opportunity. One to drive home that yes, this is all being done in single life takes, and two to drive home the sheer physical force needed to perform these pieces.
You may have heard Colin Stetson before. Hopefully, you know a few of those names. With the 2011 release of his third LP, ‘New History Warfare Vol. 2: Judges,’ Stetson carved a place out for himself as a solo musician as well, showcasing a viciously unique approach to his trademark bass saxophone, recording sprawling, multi-layered solo tracks in a single g. .
It’s rejuvenating to experience such warm hues from Stetson; these moments gives the album's previous tension more significance.
Colin Stetson, on New History Warfare Vol. 2: Judges (via The Quietus). A little bit behind the beat I mean just enough to turn you on For every time she said the words Another one of his doubts were gone. from Joy in Repetition by Prince. A lot of people say a lot of crazy shit. Overall, Stetson hasn’t altered his approach much, but the results are more variegated, resonant, and almost religiously cathartic. with, the poetical character of the action in itself, and the conduct of it, was the first consideration.
|1||And In Truth||1:34|
|3||High Above A Grey Green Sea||4:26|
|6||Among The Sef (Righteous II)||4:36|
|7||Who The Waves Are Roaring For (Hunted II)||4:08|
|8||To See More Light||15:09|
|9||What Are They Doing In Heaven Today?||3:36|
|10||This Bed Of Shattered Bone||2:09|
|11||Part Of Me Apart From You||5:51|
- Duplicated By – Duplication.ca
- Recorded At – Sonovox Studios
- Recorded At – Petite Église, Farnham
- Recorded At – OBORO
- Recorded At – Monkey Puzzle Studios
- Recorded At – April Base
- Engineered At – Sonovox Studios
- Engineered At – Petite Église, Farnham
- Engineered At – OBORO
- Mixed At – Greenhouse Studios Iceland
- Alto Saxophone, Tenor Saxophone, Bass Saxophone – Colin Stetson
- Artwork [Album, Assistance], Design [Assistance] – Matt Moroz
- Artwork [Album], Design – Tracy Maurice
- Mastered By – Mell Dettmer
- Mixed By – Ben Frost
- Mixed By [Assisted By] – Jon Ottosen
- Producer – Ben Frost, Colin Stetson
- Recorded By [Additional Recording, Monkeypuzzle Studios] – Vid Cousins
- Recorded By [Additional Recording, Unknown Studio] – Marcus Paquin
- Recorded By [Justin Vernon] – BJ Burton (tracks: 1, 5, 7, 9), Brian Joseph (tracks: 1, 5, 7, 9)
- Recorded By, Engineer – Mark Lawson
- Technician [Studio Manager, Greenhouse Studios] – Paul Evans
- Vocals – Justin Vernon (tracks: 1, 5, 7, 9)
- Written-By – Colin Stetson (tracks: 1 to 8, 10, 11), Justin Vernon (tracks: 1, 5, 7), Washington Phillips (tracks: 9)
NotesAll songs written, performed and recorded live without overdubs or loops by Colin Stetson.
Vocals performed and recorded as overdubs.
Recorded and engineered in Montreal at Sonovox, Le Petit Eglise, and OBORO. Additional recording at Monkeypuzzle Studios.
Justin Vernon recorded at April Base, Fall Creek, WI.
Mixed at Greenhouse Studios, Reykjavik.
Album artwork and design with assistance from Matt Moroz (3D).
On the release, Washington Phillips is erroneously credited as writer of track 10 ("This Bed Of Shattered Bone"). He is, however, credited correctly as writer of track 9 ("What Are They Doing In Heaven Today?") on the Constellation website. The same applies to all release credits for track 10 which actually refer to track 9.
Packaging: Custom gatefold jacket printed on thick 24pt. board in 4-colour process with a matte UV varnish. Disc is housed in an additional dust sleeve printed on uncoated paper.
On barcode sticker: Made in Canada
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode (Sticker): 666561009229
- Mould SID Code: IFPI ZP07
- Matrix / Runout: WWW.DUPLICATION.CA CST092 MADE IN CANADA AMT45851R
|CST092-1, CST092||Colin Stetson||New History Warfare Vol. 3: To See More Light (2x12", Album, 180)||Constellation, Constellation||CST092-1, CST092||Canada||2013|