Spock's Beard - Beware Of Darkness mp3 album
Spock's Beard is the eponymous ninth studio album by American progressive rock band Spock's Beard.
Licensed From – Spock's Beard. Backing Vocals – Molly Pasutti (tracks: A1), Wanda Houston (tracks: A1).
Beware of Darkness is the second studio album by American Progressive rock band Spock's Beard, released in 1996. The album was the band's first release following the addition of keyboardist Ryo Okumoto to the group. The album was named after the song of the same name, originally written and performed by George Harrison. The album features several short songs, in contrast to their debut album The Light which consisted of just four lengthy tracks.
Beware of Darkness Tracklist. 1. Beware Of Darkness Lyrics.
Band Name Spock s Beard. Album Name Beware of Darkness. Data de lançamento Janeiro 1996. Labels SPV Pinnacle Giant Electric Pea. Estilo de MúsicaSymphonic Prog. Membros têm este álbum4. Beware of Darkness (George Harrison Cover).
Songs start at NIS . 0. 2004 InsideOutMusic. More By Spock's Beard. See All. V - EP. 2000.
Spock's Beard's music is an exquisite blend of all that is good about progressive rock. At times they sound a lot like Kansas (a lot the keyboard arrangements), Yes (some of the intros and the somewhat Howe-esque "Chatauqua"), and sometimes like Gentle Giant ("Thoughts") or early Genesis. But in the end they have their own sound. This is a neo-prog classic and deservedly so. Spock's Beard is truly excellent and it's a shame that they don't have more of a following. This void has been wonderfully filled by Spock's Beard! The album 'Beware of Darkness' has depth, intelligence, heart, and most of all a joy that comes from players that love and believe in what they're doing! I am happy, I am filled.
Beware Of Darkness - альбом Spock's Beard, выпущенный в 1996 году. It is the first cut on the 'All Things Must Pass' album. We decided to open the album with it because of the fanfare beginning, and it's the title track 'cause it sounds cool; and works nicely with 'The Light'. It's been covered by a lot of people including Leon Russell and Concrete Blond, and I had actually never heard the George Harrison version 'til we were mixing our album and the engineer brought it to the studio.
Tracklist Hide Credits
|1||Beware Of Darkness
Backing Vocals – Molly Pasutti, Wanda HoustonWritten-By – George Harrison
|5||Walking On The Wind||9:06|
|7||Time Has Come||16:33|
- Copyright (c) – Radiant Records
- Published By – Big Hatter Music
- Published By – Harrisongs Ltd.
- Recorded At – Woodcliff Studios
- Recorded At – Levant Studio
- Overdubbed At – Brainforest Music
- Mixed At – Lawnmower & Garden Supplies
- Mixed At – Woodcliff Studios
- Mastered At – Mastermix
- Bass [Fuzz Bass], Bass [Wah Bass], Bass [Fretless Bass] – Dave Meros
- Design [Cover Design], Photography By – John Boegehold
- Design [Graphic Design] – Craig Allen, Iron Blast Furnace*
- Drums, Percussion, Vocals [All Good Sounding High Notes], Percussion [Coffee Cup] – Nick D'Virgilio
- Electric Guitar [Really Fun Electric Guitar Parts], Cello, Vocals – Alan Morse
- Lead Vocals, Piano, Synth [All Synths], Acoustic Guitar, Bouzouki, Electric Guitar [Boring Electric Guitar Parts] – Neal Morse
- Mastered By – Ken Love
- Mixed By – Frank Rosato (tracks: 1, 3, 4, 6), Kevin Gilbert (tracks: 2, 5, 7)
- Noises [Animal Noises], Sounds [Comments From The Echoplex] – Kevin Gilbert
- Organ [Hammond Organ], Mellotron – Ryo Okumoto
- Producer – Neal Morse, Spock's Beard
- Recorded By – Frank Rosato
- Recorded By [Additional Guitars Recorded By] – Britt Bacon, John Woodhouse
- Written-By – Neal Morse (tracks: 2 to 7)
NotesRecorded entirely in january of '96 (except some monster bits by al) at Woodcliff Studios, Sherman Oaks, California and overdubbed at the house of Dave.
Various overdubbing of cellos, guitars and sick flutes at John Boegehold's Brainforest Studio.
Additional guitars recorded at Levant Studio.
Tracks 2, 5 & 7: mixed at Lawnmower & Garden Supply.
Tracks 1, 3, 4 & 6: mixed at Woodcliff Studios.
Mastered at Mastermix, Nashville.
All songs published by Big Hatter Music © 1996 [ASCAP] except Beware Of Darkness (track 1) published by Harrisongs Ltd - PRS [BMI]
On disc + on traycard:
© 1996 radiant records. all rights reserved
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: none
- Matrix / Runout: ADFL 02EL5<530>RA001
- Mastering SID Code: IFPI L485
- Mould SID Code: IFPI 8133
|GEPCD 1018||Spock's Beard||Beware Of Darkness (CD, Album)||Giant Electric Pea||GEPCD 1018||UK||1996|
|IOMCD 161, 0500182||Spock's Beard||Beware Of Darkness (CD, Album, RE, O-C)||Inside Out Music, Inside Out Music||IOMCD 161, 0500182||Germany||2010|
|GEPCD 1018||Spock's Beard||Beware Of Darkness (CD, Album, RE)||Giant Electric Pea||GEPCD 1018||UK||1997|
|3984-14493-2||Spock's Beard||Beware Of Darkness (CD, Album, RE, RM, RP, S/Edition, Sli)||Radiant Records , Metal Blade Records||3984-14493-2||US||2013|
|3984-14493-2||Spock's Beard||Beware Of Darkness (CD, Album, RE, RM, Sli)||Radiant Records , Metal Blade Records||3984-14493-2||US||2004|