Hawkwind - Yule Ritual mp3 album
Recorded at The London Astoria in 29/12/2000.
Hawkwind is the self-titled debut album by Hawkwind, released in 1970, originally on Liberty Records, later reissued on Sunset Records. This album is historic since it is one of the first space rock LPs. The Pretty Things guitarist Dick Taylor, who was looking for a new venture after leaving the band, was pulled into Hawkwind playing some gigs and producing this album. After several unsuccessful attempts to capture the band's sound in the studio, it was decided simply to record it live in the studio.
There are so many live recordings of Hawkwind on the market now that words like "best" or "essential live album" simply have lost any signification. The double-CD set Yule Ritual presents the better part of the seminal space rock group's performance at the Astoria (London, England), the venue chosen for its annual year-end show in 2000. The lineup consisted of Dave Brock, Richard Chadwick, Ali, Tim Blake (also of Gong), Simon House, and Jerry Richards.
Yule Ritual is a 2001 live album by Hawkwind. Electronic Intro" (Hawkwind) – 4:27. Levitation" (Brock) – 8:47. Spacebrock" (Brock) – 6:08. Space Is Deep" (Brock) – 5:45. Flying Doctor" (Calvert, Brock) – 5:04. Warrior at the Edge of Time" (Moorcock, House, King, Powell) – 4:14. Angels of Death" (Brock) – 6:36. High Rise" (Calvert, House) – 5:07. Damage of Life" (Brock) – 6:39. Lighthouse" (Blake) – 7:54. Sonic Attack" (Moorcock, Bainbridge, Brock, Lloyd-Langton) – 5:56.
It's a fine live album that fans will want to hear. For casual Hawkwind listeners, the live album from the ensuing year called Canterbury Fayre would be of bigger interest: 2 CDs with a focus on the Levitation and the Warrior on the Edge of Time albums. This solid set from a festive season concert from 2000 finds Hawkwind focusing not on their more recent material, but archival stuff - largely hailing from the late 1970s and early 1980s.
Album Name Yule Ritual: London Astoria 2. 2. Дата релиза 29 Ноябрь 2001. Лейблы Voiceprint Hawkwind. Музыкальный стильHeavy Rock. Владельцы этого альбома1. A follow up album Swindells Swallow was recorded and test pressings manufactured, while both of the albums were recorded Swindells was subject to violent sexual harassment from Edwards. Departed from his manager, Swindells joined Pilot, recording the 1977 album Twos A Crowd, in 1978 he joined a reformed Hawkwind, renamed as Hawklords, for the 25 Years On album and tour. In 1980 he recorded solo album, Fresh Blood, released by ATCO.
|1-4||Space Is Deep||5:45|
|1-6||Warrior At The Edge Of Time||4:14|
|1-7||Angels Of Death||6:36|
|1-9||Damage Of Life||6:39|
|2-5||Hurry On Sundown||3:43|
|2-6||Spirit Of The Age||7:06|
|2-7||Assassins Of Allah||8:58|
- Recorded At – London Astoria
- Copyright (c) – Hawk Records
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Hawk Records
- Made By – Universal M & L, UK
- Published By – Rock Music
- Bass – Ali Davey*
- Drums, Percussion – Richard Chadwick
- Engineer – Raymond Steeg
- Guitar, Keyboards, Effects [FX] – Dave Brock
- Guitar, Vocals – Jerry Richards
- Keyboards – Tim Blake
- Keyboards, Vocals – Harvey Bainbridge
- Layout – Steve Lee at ZEIT Artwork*
- Mastered By – Dallas Simpson
- Photography By [Images Photo's] – Rik Richardson
- Saxophone, Flute – Jez Huggett
- Synthesizer [EMS Synths] – Keith Kniveton
- Violin – Simon House
- Vocals – Ali Davey* (tracks: 1-6, 1-9, 2-4, 2-7), Capt Rizz* (tracks: 2-7), Dave Brock (tracks: 1-2, 1-4, 1-6, 1-9, 2-4, 2-5), Mike Moorcock* (tracks: 1-6, 2-2), Richard Chadwick (tracks: 1-4), Ron Tree (tracks: 1-7, 1-8, 2-7), Tim Blake (tracks: 2-1)
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 6 04388 48872 8
- Matrix / Runout (Disc 1): HAWKVP19CD/1 01 6 MADE IN THE UK BY UNIVERSAL M&L
- Matrix / Runout (Disc 2): HAWKVP19CD/2 01 5 MADE IN THE UK BY UNIVERSAL M&L
- Mastering SID Code (Both discs): IFPI L136
|HAWKVP19CD||Hawkwind||Yule Ritual (2xCD, Album, M/Print, Wit)||Hawkwind Records||HAWKVP19CD||UK||2001|
|HAWKVP19CD||Hawkwind||Yule Ritual (2xCD, Album)||Hawkwind Records||HAWKVP19CD||UK||Unknown|