Gram Parsons - GP / Grievous Angel mp3 album
More albums from Gram Parsons: GP by Gram Parsons. Marty Paich Quartet by Gram Parsons. Sleepless Nights by Gram Parsons. Safe At Home by Gram Parsons. Cosmic American Music by Gram Parsons. View all albums . Grievous Angel.
Since many of the same musicians played on both . released in January of 1973) and Grievous Angel (which appeared in stores almost exactly a year later), the two albums flow together quite well as a single set. And while no bonus tracks were added, the booklet features well-written essays on Parsons from John M. Delgatto and Marley Brant, the complete liner notes from both albums, and lyrics for all the songs on the disc (which weren't included in the original vinyl issues). While the material and performances on . are a shade stronger than on Grievous Angel, both albums have more.
GP is American singer-songwriter Gram Parsons' debut solo album. It was originally released in a gatefold sleeve in 1973. GP received critical acclaim upon release, but failed to reach the Billboard charts.
The smartest move in the making of Gram Parson's posthumously released 1974 sophomore album is Emmylou Harris' promotion from backing singer to full-fledged duet partner-with the deliciously painful "Love Hurts" and "Hearts on Fire" immortalizing their rapport. Grievous Angel Gram Parsons. Listen on Apple Music. Listen on Apple Music
Is GP, Grievous Angel the best album by Gram Parsons? BestEverAlbums. com brings together thousands of 'greatest ever album' charts and calculates an overall ranking. Gram Parsons - GP + Grievous Angel CD Condition: Very Good. Time left: 2h 2m 47s. Ships to: Worldwide. Grievous Angel by Gram Parsons (CD, Mar-1990, Reprise) Condition: Like New. Time left: 2h 53m 47s. Grievous Angel (1994) Condition: Very Good. Time left: 13h 20m 45s.
As on Parsons’ earlier GP, Emmylou Harris sets off Gram Parsons’ quavery vocals with her cowgirl-angel voice. Their traditional country duets reach a zenith on two old love songs, Hearts On Fire and Love Hurts. The first deals with passion and guilt, the second with the anguish of romantic love. I find both cuts staggeringly powerful. Aside from a pair of party footstompers (Tom T. Hall’s I Can’t Dance and Parsons’ and Rick Grech’s Las Vegas ), Grievous Angel is Parsons’ most serious album.
01. Still Feeling Blue 02:41 02. We'll Sweep Out The Ashes In The Morning 03:13 03.
Tracklist Hide Credits
|1||Still Feeling Blue
Banjo – Alan Munde
|2||We'll Sweep Out The Ashes In The Morning||3:13|
|3||A Song For You||4:57|
|4||Streets Of Baltimore||2:50|
|6||That's All It Took||2:57|
|7||The New Soft Shoe||3:52|
|8||Kiss The Children
Backing Vocals – Lewis Morford, Mitch Gordon, Ron Hicklin, Tom Bahler
|9||Cry One More Time
Baritone Saxophone – Hal Battiste*
|10||How Much I've Lied||2:27|
|11||Big Mouth Blues||3:52|
|12||Return Of The Grievous Angel
Fiddle – Byron BerlineRhythm Guitar – Bernie Leadon
|13||Hearts On Fire
Drums – N.D. Smart IIGuitar – Bernie LeadonVibraphone – Steve Snyder
|14||I Can't Dance||2:20|
|16||1000 Dollar Wedding||5:00|
|17||Medley Live From Northern Quebec
Backing Vocals – Ed Tickner, Kim Fowley, Phil KaufmanFiddle, Mandolin – Byron Berline
|17 (A)||Cash On The Barrelhead||2:12|
|17 (B)||Hickory Wind||4:15|
|19||Ooh Las Vegas||3:29|
|20||In My Hour Of Darkness
Backing Vocals – Linda RonstadtDobro – Bernie LeadonDrums – N.D. Smart IIFiddle – Byron Berline
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Warner Bros. Records Inc.
- Copyright (c) – Warner Bros. Records Inc.
- Copyright (c) – Reprise Records
- Copyright (c) – WEA International Inc.
- Recorded At – Wally Heider Studios
- Recorded At – Capitol Studios
- Bass – Emory Gordy* (tracks: 12 to 20), John Conrad* (tracks: 1 to 11)
- Bass, Producer – Rik Grech* (tracks: 1 to 11)
- Compilation Producer [Compilation Director], Liner Notes – John M. Delgatto*, Marley Brant
- Directed By [Musicians Under The Direction Of] – Glen D. Hardin* (tracks: 1 to 11)
- Dobro – James Burton (tracks: 1 to 11)
- Drums – John Guerin (tracks: 1 to 11), Ronnie Tutt*, Sam Goldstein (tracks: 1 to 11)
- Engineer – Ed Barton (tracks: 1 to 11)
- Engineer, Mixed By – Hugh Davies
- Fiddle – Byron Berline (tracks: 1 to 11)
- Guitar – James Burton
- Lead Vocals, Acoustic Guitar, Producer – Gram Parsons
- Mastered By [Analog To Digital Mastering] – Lee Herschberg
- Pedal Steel Guitar – Al Perkins, Buddy Emmons (tracks: 1 to 11)
- Photography By [Gp Cover Photo] – Barry Feinstein
- Photography By [Grevious Angel Cover Photo] – Ginny Winn
- Piano – Glen D. Hardin* (tracks: 12 to 20)
- Rhythm Guitar – Herb Pederson* (tracks: 12 to 20)
- Vocals – Emmylou Harris
- Vocals, Guitar – Barry Tashian (tracks: 1 to 11)
NotesThis compact disc is one of the first ever to be encoded with CD+Graphics.
Gram Parsons - GP (tracks 1 to 11) recorded 9-10/1972 at Wally Heider Studio 4, originally released January 1973.
Produced by Gram Parsons & Rik Grech.
Gram Parsons - Grievous Angel (tracks 12 to 20) recorded Summer 1973 at Wally Heider Studio 4 & Capitol Records Studios, mixed at Capitol Records Studios. Originally released January 1974.
Produced by Gram Parsons for Tickner-Dickson Productions.
© 1973, 1974 Warner Bros. Records Inc.
© 1990 Reprise Records for the U.S. and WEA International Inc. for the world outside of the U.S.
℗ 1973, 1974 Warner Bros. Records Inc.
Made in Germany.
Released with 22-page booklet.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 0 7599-26108-2 7
- Matrix / Runout: 759926108-2 RSA
- Mastering SID Code: none
- Mould SID Code (Variant 1): IFPI 05A8
- Mould SID Code (Variant 2): IFPI 0592
- Rights Society: GEMA/BIEM
- Label Code: LC 0322
- Other (Distribution Code): WE 835
- Other (SPARS Code): AAD
- Other (Variant 1 On Clear Inner Ring Of Disc): 29
- Other (Variant 2 On Clear Inner Ring Of Disc): 27
- Other (Variant 2 On Clear Inner Ring Of Disc): WB logo
|9 26108-2||Gram Parsons||GP / Grievous Angel (CD+G, Comp)||Reprise Records||9 26108-2||US||1990|
|9 26108-2||Gram Parsons||GP / Grievous Angel (CD, Comp, Club, BMG)||Reprise Records||9 26108-2||US||1990|
|9 26108-2||Gram Parsons||GP / Grievous Angel (CD+G, Comp, RP)||Reprise Records||9 26108-2||US||Unknown|
|7599-26108-2||Gram Parsons||GP / Grievous Angel (CD+G, Comp)||Reprise Records||7599-26108-2||Europe||1990|
|9 26108-2||Gram Parsons||GP / Grievous Angel (CD, Comp, RP)||Reprise Records||9 26108-2||US||Unknown|