Japan - Obscure Alternatives mp3 album
Obscure Alternatives is a music studio album recording by JAPAN (Prog Related/Progressive Rock) released in 1978 on cd, lp, vinyl and/or cassette. Obscure Alternatives Extra tracks · Remastered Sony Bmg Europe 2006.
Obscure Alternatives is the second studio album by English new wave band Japan, released in October 1978 by record label Hansa. Japan's first album, Adolescent Sex, had been unsuccessful on the British charts, and their record company required another album, this time aimed at the lucrative US and European markets where rock was dominating the airwaves
Obscure Alternatives (8-Trk, Album). Ariola Records America. 400 166, 400 166-352. Obscure Alternatives (Cass, Album). Hansa International, Hansa International.
Obscure Alternatives dropped six months after Japan’s 1978 debut and found the David Sylvian–led quintet again dirtying up their love of glam, reggae, and Motown. But this time they also showed interest in Caribbean music, Marxism, and Southeast Asia. They added some low-rent pop ( Sometimes I Feel So Low ) to their grit and funk, as well as a strangely beautiful Roman Polanski nod (with its piano-led ambience and Mick Karn’s trailblazing fretless bass, The Tenant is an evolved song that foreshadowed Japan’s-and Sylvian’s-music to come). Even the band’s label didn’t get really understand them (an early American promo poster for the band featured a woman’s hand slipping into trousers with the line Get Into Japan ). Obscure Alternatives Japan.
Their second album to hit the shelves in 1978, Japan's sophomore effort, Obscure Alternatives, found the band dropping most of their debut's funk fringe in favor of guitar-oriented fuzz and quirk - scooping up the glitter left behind by all the scene's other nascent Siouxies and Adam Ants. Although the set isn't quite up to par with its predecessor, Obscure Alternatives is still a challenging listen.
Obscure Alternatives. Modifier l'album Reporter une erreur. 5. Obscure Alternatives. Autres productions de Japan (UK). This album has an average beat per minute of 122 BPM (slowest/fastest tempos: 71/162 BPM). See its BPM profile at the bottom of the page. Tracklist Obscure Alternatives. BPM Profile Obscure Alternatives. Album starts at 126BPM, ends at 71BPM (-55), with tempos within the -BPM range. Try refreshing the page if dots are missing). Recent albums by Japan.
Tracklist Hide Credits
Backing Vocals – Anna & Claudine
|A2||. . . . Rhodesia||6:48|
|A3||Love Is Infectious||4:10|
|A4||Sometimes I Feel So Low||3:42|
- Manufactured By – Ariola Eurodisc S.A.
- Distributed By – Ariola Eurodisc S.A.
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Ariola Hansa Records
- Copyright (c) – Nomis Productions Ltd.
- Printed By – Indugraf Madrid, S.A.
- Published By – Chadwick Nomis Ltd.
- Arranged By – Japan
- Backing Vocals [Additional Backing Vocals] – Ray Singer
- Bass, Saxophone, Vocals – Mick Karn
- Drums, Percussion, Vocals – Steven Jansen*
- Engineer [Engineered By] – Chris Tsangarides
- Guitar [Guitars], Vocals – Rob Dean
- Mastered By [Mastering] – Ian Cooper
- Mixed By – Chris Tsangarides, Japan, Ray Singer
- Music By, Lyrics By, Composed By – D. Sylvian*
- Photography By [Photographs] – Fin Costello
- Producer [Produced By] – Ray Singer
- Synthesizer [Synthesizers], Keyboards – Richard Barbieri
- Tape Op [Tape Operators] – Mike , PeeWee , Supertype, TR5
- Vocals, Guitar – David Sylvian
NotesSpanish edition vinyl album. This is different from the other Spanish release which had sleeves manufactured by Gráficas Román, S.A.
℗ 1978 Ariola Hansa Records.
All Titles © 1978 by Nomis Productions Ltd. for all countries.
Distributed by ARIOLA-EURODISC, S. A. Calle Aragon, 204 - Barcelona- 11 (Espana)
Imprime: INDUGRAF MADRID, S.A. - Alcorcon (Madrid)
Published by Chadwick Nomis Ltd
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Matrix / Runout (Side A, runout, etched): 200.066.I.A.INI
- Matrix / Runout (Side B, runout, etched): 200.066-I-B-2NI
- Rights Society: B.I.E.M.
- Other (Side A label): Depósito Legal: B-22991-1979
- Other (Side A label): Editado y Distribuido por ARIOLA EURODISC. SA
- Other (Side B label): Fabricado en España por IBEROFON S A Perm 5854
- Other (Side A & Side B label): Impuesto de Lujo. permiso Nº-6649
|AHALH 8007||Japan||Obscure Alternatives (LP, Album, Dam)||Ariola Hansa||AHALH 8007||UK||1978|
|BVCP-7373, 74321-13882-2||Japan||Obscure Alternatives (CD, Album, RM)||Hansa, Hansa||BVCP-7373, 74321-13882-2||Japan||1995|
|BVCM-37219, 74321-87410-2||Japan||Obscure Alternatives (CD, Album, Ltd, RM)||BMG, Hansa||BVCM-37219, 74321-87410-2||Japan||2001|
|AHALH 8007||Japan||Obscure Alternatives (LP, Album, RE, Son)||Hansa, Ariola||AHALH 8007||UK||Unknown|
|TC-FA 41 3098 4, FA 41 3098 4||Japan||Obscure Alternatives (Cass, Album, RE, Bla)||Fame, EMI||TC-FA 41 3098 4, FA 41 3098 4||UK||1984|