Billy Joel - The Stranger mp3 album
The Stranger is the fifth studio album by American singer Billy Joel, released in September 1977 by Columbia Records. It was the first of Joel's albums to be produced by Phil Ramone, with whom he would go on to work for all of his albums up until his 1986 album The Bridge. The Stranger was released a year following Joel's previous studio effort, Turnstiles, which had sold modestly and peaked low on the US charts, prompting Columbia to consider dropping Joel if his next release did not sell well.
They do provide The Stranger with the feel of a concept album, yet there is no true thematic connection between the pieces, and his lyrics are often vague or mean-spirited. His lyrical shortcomings are overshadowed by his musical strengths. Even if his melodies sound more Broadway than Beatles - the epic suite "Scenes From an Italian Restaurant" feels like a show-stopping closer - there's no denying that the melodies of each song on The Stranger are memorable, so much so that they strengthen the weaker portions of the album
The Stranger" is a song by rock artist Billy Joel from his 1977 album of the same name, The Stranger. The song was released as a single in Japan where it became very popular and peaked at on the Oricon chart, charting as well in Australia. It was the last single from the album in Japan, while the US and UK saw "She's Always a Woman", released the previous year, as the last single from the album. The single is featured on Joel's greatest hits album, Greatest Hits - Volume I & II.
The Stranger (album).
Ships from and sold by Media Medley.
Released September 29, 1977. The Stranger Tracklist. 1. Movin' Out (Anthony's Song) Lyrics. 2. The Stranger Lyrics. This 1977 masterpiece was released during the height of Joel’s songwriting frenzy (Turnstiles, The Stranger and 52nd Street being released in consecutive years, from 1976 to 1978). Spending 6 weeks at on the . album charts, this is Billy’s best-selling album of his long career. It contains the longest single track in the Billy Joel discography, Scenes from an Italian Restaurant, at 7:37 minutes. The Stranger Q&A.
|1||Movin' Out (Anthony's Song)||3:30|
|3||Just The Way You Are||4:51|
|4||Scenes From An Italian Restaurant||7:37|
|6||Only The Good Die Young||3:56|
|7||She's Always A Woman||3:21|
|8||Get It Right The First Time||3:57|
|9||Everybody Has A Dream||6:39|
|Video1||The Stranger (Live)|
|Video2||Only The Good Die Young (Live)|
|Video3||Scenes From An Italian Restaurant (Live)|
|Video4||Just The Way You Are (Live)|
- Manufactured By – Columbia Records
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Sony Music Entertainment Inc.
- Copyright (c) – Sony Music Entertainment Inc.
- Pressed By – DADC – CPDP-096428
- Recorded At – A&R Studios
- Mixed At – A&R Studios
- Remastered At – Sterling Sound
- Bass – Doug Stegmeyer
- Drums – Liberty Devitto
- Electric Guitar – Hiram Bullock
- Electric Guitar [Six- and Twelve-String], Rhythm Guitar [Acoustic], Guitar [High String] – Mr. Steve Khan*
- Engineer – Jim Boyer, Phil Ramone
- Orchestrated By [Orchestration] – Patrick Williams
- Photography By – Jim Houghton
- Piano [Acoustic], Vocals, Keyboards [Electric], Synthesizer – Billy Joel
- Producer – Phil Ramone
- Producer [Production Associate To Mr. Ramone] – Kathy Kurs
- Remastered By [Digitally] – Ted Jensen
- Research [Tape] – Jon Naatjes
- Tenor Saxophone, Soprano Saxophone, Clarinet, Flute, Organ – Richie Cannata
- Words By, Music By – Billy Joel
Notes24-Bit Digitally Remastered
Produced in association with Home Run
© 1977, 1998 / ℗ 1977
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 0 7464-69384-2 3
- Matrix / Runout (Variant 1): CPDP-096428 K4 1B 15 IFPI L424
- Matrix / Runout (Variant 2): CPDP-096428 02 * ** *****
- Matrix / Runout (Variant 3): CPDP-096428 K4 1B 15
- Mastering SID Code (Variant 1 & 3): IFPI L424
- Mastering SID Code (Variant 2): IFPI L337
- Mould SID Code (Variant 1): IFPI 7259
- Mould SID Code (Variant 2): IFPI 5100
- Mould SID Code (Variant 3): IFPI 7228
- Other (Front Cover Sticker): K69384-S1
|JC 34987, 34987||Billy Joel||The Stranger (LP, Album, Ter)||Columbia, Columbia, Family Productions||JC 34987, 34987||US||1977|
|82311, CBS 82311, JC 34987, S CBS 82311||Billy Joel||The Stranger (LP, Album)||CBS, CBS, CBS, CBS||82311, CBS 82311, JC 34987, S CBS 82311||UK||1977|
|JC 34987||Billy Joel||The Stranger (LP, Album, Ter)||Columbia, Family Productions||JC 34987||US||1977|
|PC 7057||Billy Joel||The Stranger (Cass, Album, Dol)||CBS, Family Productions||PC 7057||Australia||1977|
|CSCS 6016||Billy Joel||The Stranger (CD, Album, RE)||CBS/Sony||CSCS 6016||Japan||1990|