OMD (Orchestral Manoeuvres In The Dark) - Sugar Tax mp3 album
Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark (OMD) are an English electronic band formed in Wirral, Merseyside in 1978. Spawned by earlier group The Id, the outfit is composed of co-founders Andy McCluskey (vocals, bass guitar) and Paul Humphreys (keyboards, vocals), along with Martin Cooper (various instruments) and Stuart Kershaw (drums); McCluskey is the only constant member
Although Humphreys left the group in 1989, McCluskey made a comeback in 1991 with the UK top 5 'Sailing On The Seven Seas', and followed that up with a UK top 3 Album 'Sugar Tax' before finally calling it a day in 1996. In 2007 they toured together again featuring the classic line-up of Andy McCluskey, Paul Humphreys, Malcolm Holmes and Martin Cooper and released a live-album in 2008: 'OMD Live: Architecture & Morality & More'. September 2010 saw the release of History Of Modern featuring the original classic line-up.
OMD – Sugar Tax. Label: Virgin – CDV2648, Virgin – 261 39. Recorded By, Performer – Christine Mellor (tracks: 11), Orchestral Manoeuvres In The Dark. Sleeve, Design – Area (10). Vocals – Ann Heston (2), Beverly Reppion, Carmen Daye, Christine Mellor, Doreen Edwards, Nathalie Loates, Stuart Kershaw, Sue Forshaw. Written-By – Massett (tracks: 3, 9, 10, 12), Orchestral Manoeuvres In The Dark (tracks: 1 to 10, 12), Kershaw (tracks: 1, 3, 9, 10, 12). Notes
1991's SUGAR TAX was the first new album by Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark since 1986's THE PACIFIC AGE. Much had changed in the intervening five years. Most obviously, co-founder Paul Humphreys had left the band, leaving singer/keyboardist Andy McCluskey the sole constant member. Surprisingly, SUGAR TAX sounds remarkably like earlier OMD albums, leadingone to wonder how important Humphrey's role in the band hadactually been
sort by album sort by song. album: "Orchestral Manoeuvres In The Dark" (1980). album: "Sugar Tax" (1991). Sailing On The Seven Seas Pandora's Box (It's A Long, Long Way) Then You Turn Away Speed Of Light Was It Something I Said Big Town Call My Name Walking On Air Walk Tall Neon Lights All That Glitters. album: "Liberator" (1993). Stand Above Me Everyday King Of Stone Dollar Girl Dream Of Me (Based On Love's Theme) Sunday Morning Love And Hate You Heaven Is Best Years Of Our Lives Christine Only Tears.
Listen to music from Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark. Find the latest tracks, albums, and images from Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark.
Artist:OMD (Orchestral Manoeuvres In The Dark) Title Of Album:Sugar Tax Year Of Release:1991 Label:Virgin Records Genre:Synthpop Quality:mp3, Flac (image+. cue) Bitrate:320 kbps, Lossless. OMD (Orchestral Manoeuvres In The Dark) - Sugar Tax (1991) MP3 + Lossless. Pop Electronic FLAC, APE. Artist:OMD (Orchestral Manoeuvres In The Dark) Title Of Album:Sugar Tax Year Of Release:1991 Label:Virgin Records Genre:Synthpop Quality:mp3, Flac (image+.
|1||Sailing On The Seven Seas||3:45|
|2||Pandora's Box (It's A Long, Long Way)||4:09|
|3||Then You Turn Away||4:17|
|4||Speed Of Light||4:29|
|5||Was It Something I Said||4:28|
|7||Call My Name||4:22|
|9||Walking On Air||4:49|
|12||All That Glitters||4:09|
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Virgin Records Ltd.
- Copyright (c) – Virgin Records Ltd.
- Licensed From – Virgin Records America, Inc.
- Published By – Virgin Music, Inc.
- Published By – Golden Cloud Ltd.
- Distributed By – WEA
- Recorded At – The Pink Museum
- Recorded At – Strongroom
- Recorded At – The Town House
- Recorded At – Amazon Studios
- Mixed At – Roundhouse Studios
- Mixed At – The Town House
- Mixed At – Larrabee Sound Studios
- Mixed At – Mayfair Studios
- Glass Mastered At – Nimbus, Virginia
- Engineer – Fred De Faye*, Guy Forrester, Jeremy Allom, Mike Haas*, Pat O'Shaughnessy, Phil Coxon, Renny Hill, Steve Williams
- Guitar – Stuart Boyle
- Management – Direct Management Group*, Martin Kirkup, Steve Jensen*
- Mixed By – Alan Meyerson, Avril Mackintosh, Jeremy Allom, Steve Williams
- Photography By [Portait] – David Sheinman*
- Photography By [Sleeve] – Trevor Key
- Producer – Andy Richards (tracks: 7, 9, 12), Howard Gray (tracks: 4), OMD* (tracks: 1 to 3, 5, 6, 8, 10, 11)
- Recorded By, Performer – Orchestral Manoeuvres In The Dark
- Sleeve [Design] – Area
- Vocals [Additional] – Ann Heston , Beverly Reppion, Carmen Daye, Christine Mellor, Doreen Edwards, Nathalie Loates, Stuart Kershaw, Sue Forshaw
- Written-By – OMD* (tracks: 1 to 10, 12)
Notes[Booklet / Tray Card]
℗ & © 1991 Virgin Records Ltd.
Issued under exclusive license in the United States by Virgin Records America, Inc.
Manufactured by Capitol Records, Inc. a subsidiary of Capitol-EMI Music, Inc.
Distributed by WEA through arrangement with Atlantic Records.
℗ 1991 Virgin Records Ltd.
Virgin Records America, Inc.
All songs written by Orchestra Manoeuvers in the Dark or OMD / Kershaw / Massett except
Neon Lights by Huetter / Schneider / Bartos
All songs published by Virgin Music, Inc. (ASCAP) except 'Neon Lights' published by Golden Cloud Ltd
Sugar Tax was recorded and performed by Orchestral Manoeuvres In The Dark for and on behalf of Blue Noise Ltd.
Except Neon Lights by OMD / Christine Mellor.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode (Scanned): 075679191588
- Barcode (Text): 0 7567-91715-2 8
- Matrix / Runout: 2-91715 (V) ∙ :MASTERED: :BY NIMBUS:
- Rights Society: ASCAP
|CDV2648, 261 392||OMD*||Sugar Tax (CD, Album)||Virgin, Virgin||CDV2648, 261 392||UK||1991|
|CDV2648||OMD*||Sugar Tax (CD, Album)||Virgin Records Canada Inc.||CDV2648||Canada||1991|
|B-134||O.M.D.*||Sugar Tax (Cass, Album, Unofficial)||Basston||B-134||Poland||Unknown|
|543||OMD*||Sugar Tax (Cass, Album, Unofficial)||Poker Sound||543||Poland||1992|
|V2-86234, 0777 7 86234 2 7||OMD*||Sugar Tax (CD, Album)||Virgin Records America, Inc., Virgin Records America, Inc.||V2-86234, 0777 7 86234 2 7||US||1991|