Tanya Donelly - Lovesongs For Underdogs mp3 album
Lovesongs For Underdogs '1997. Tanya Donelly - Lovesongs For Underdogs (1997)/CDImage-flac. Tanya Donelly - Lovesongs For Underdogs (1997)/CDImage.
Tanya Donelly's artistic sensibilities were at the very core of Belly, which is why it was a bit of a surprise when she suddenly disbanded the group after its second album flopped. Upon listening to her 1997 debut, Lovesongs for Underdogs, it becomes clear that Belly wasn't suited for these songs. Lovesongs for Underdogs is a pretty, pleasant collection of pop-folk songs; Belly would have overwhelmed these songs, delivering them with too much backbeat
Keyboards – Tanya Donelly (tracks: A3, A4, B2, B3, B5, B6), Wally Gagel (tracks: A4, A5, B5). Management – Gary Smith. Mastered By – Brian Lee. Mixed By – Paul Q. Kolderie (tracks: A1 to A3, A5, B1 to B3), Sean Slade (tracks: A1 to A3, A5, B1 to B3), Wally Gagel (tracks: A4, B2, B4 to B6). Percussion – Dean Fisher. Photography – Andrew Catlin. Producer – Gary Smith (tracks: A1 to A3, B1), Tanya Donelly (tracks: A4 to A6, B2 to B6), Wally Gagel (tracks: A4 to A6, B2 to B6).
Lovesongs for Underdogs. Lovesongs For Underdogs. The second Belly album was a washout, but solo songs like "Pretty Deep" take advantage of Donelly's wispy vocals with a smartly paced, coolly rocking feel; it even soars on the strength of a video based on the sci-fi classic The Illustrated Man. Other highlights: "The Bright Light," "Mysteries of the Unexplained. Exclusive discount for Prime members. Sample this album Artist (Sample).
Features Song Lyrics for Tanya Donelly's Lovesongs For Underdogs album. Tanya Donelly - Lovesongs For Underdogs Album Lyrics. 1. Pretty Deep Lyrics.
Band Name Tanya Donelly. Album Name Lovesongs for Underdogs. Released date 09 September 1997. Labels Reprise Records. Music StyleIndie Rock. Members owning this album1.
Lovesongs for Underdogs is the solo debut album by American singer Tanya Donelly, who had formerly recorded with Throwing Muses, The Breeders, and Belly. It was released on August 9, 1997. Two singles were released for promotion of the album. Pretty Deep" was released in July 1997, while "The Bright Light" was released in October 1997. In the . both 4AD released singles were released in two parts, each including 2 newly released B-Sides
Tracklist Hide Credits
Keyboards – Rich Gilbert
|2||The Bright Light||3:21|
|4||Mysteries Of The Unexplained||4:52|
Accordion – Rich GilbertBacking Vocals – Chris Toppin, Hilken Mancini
Acoustic Guitar, Written-By – Dean FisherCello – Walter Halvorson*Guitar – Jonathan Williams Viola, Violin – Brian Clague
|7||Breathe Around You
Keyboards – Dean Fisher
Backing Vocals – Chris Toppin, Hilken Mancini
Accordion – Dean FisherGuitar [Tiple] – Rich Gilbert
Cello – Walter Halvorson*Guitar [Baritone], Strings [Saw] – Rich GilbertViola, Violin – Brian Clague
Guitar [Slide] – Tanya Donelly
- Arranged By [Strings] – Tanya*, Wally*
- Artwork By [Design] – Chris Bigg
- Bass – Dean Fisher (tracks: 1 to 7, 9 to 11), Wally Gagel (tracks: 8, 9, 12)
- Drums – David Lovering* (tracks: 4, 10, 12), David Narcizo (tracks: 1 to 3, 7), Stacy Jones (tracks: 5, 8, 9)
- Engineer – Dan McLoughlin (tracks: 1 to 3, 7), Matthew Ellard (tracks: 1 to 3, 7), Wally Gagel (tracks: 4 to 6, 8 to 12)
- Engineer [Assistant @ Dreamland] – Suzanne Kapa
- Engineer [Assistant @ Longview Farm] – Jesse Henderson , Kelly Wohlford
- Engineer [Assistant @ Sound Techniques] – Dave Kirkpatrick
- Guitar – Rich Gilbert (tracks: 1 to 3, 7), Tanya Donelly (tracks: 1 to 5, 7 to 12)
- Keyboards – Tanya Donelly (tracks: 3, 4, 8, 9, 11, 12), Wally Gagel (tracks: 4, 5, 11)
- Mastered By – Brian Lee
- Mixed By – Paul Q. Kolderie (tracks: 1 to 3, 5, 7 to 9), Sean Slade (tracks: 1 to 3, 5, 7 to 9), Wally Gagel (tracks: 4, 6, 10, 11, 12)
- Percussion – Dean Fisher
- Percussion, Drum Programming – Wally Gagel
- Photography – Andrew Catlin
- Producer – Gary Smith (tracks: 1 to 3, 7), Tanya Donelly (tracks: 4 to 6, 8 to 12), Wally Gagel (tracks: 4 to 6, 8 to 12)
- Technician [Drum] – Carl Plaster
- Vocals, Written-By – Tanya Donelly
NotesRecorded at Fort apache, Cambridge, Ma. Additional recording at Longview Farm, North Brookfield, Ma. Mixed at Fort Apache, Cambridge, Ma. and at Dreamland, Hurley N.Y. Track 12 mixed at Sound Techniques, Boston, Ma. Mastered at Gateway, Portland, Maine. String arrangements transcribed by Br. Cleve.
Scandinavian edition: issued under license from 4AD by MNW ILR for Scandinavia. MNW logo on disc and back sleeve
|CAD 7008||Tanya Donelly||Lovesongs For Underdogs (LP, Album, Whi)||4AD||CAD 7008||UK||1997|
|9 46495-2, D120988||Tanya Donelly||Lovesongs For Underdogs (CD, Album)||Reprise Records, BMG Direct Marketing, Inc.||9 46495-2, D120988||US||1997|
|724384482725||Tanya Donelly||Lovesongs For Underdogs (CD, Album)||Labels||724384482725||France||1997|
|none||Tanya Donelly||Dreamland (Unmastered Ver.) (Cass, Album, Promo)||Not On Label (Tanya Donelly)||none||UK||1997|
|SONC TD1||Tanya Donelly||Lovesongs For Underdogs (Cass, Album)||Sonic Records , 4AD||SONC TD1||Poland||1997|