Billy Joel - An Innocent Man mp3 album
An Innocent Man is the ninth studio album by American singer-songwriter Billy Joel, released on August 8, 1983. The concept album is a tribute to the American popular music of Joel's adolescent years with Joel paying homage to a number of different popular American musical styles from the late 1950s and early 1960s, most notably doo-wop and soul music.
From the Album: An Innocent Man. Release Date: August 8, 1983. Some people hope for a miracle cure Some people just accept the world as it is But I’m not willing to lay down and die Because I am an innocent man. I am an innocent man Oh yes I am An innocent man.
Lyrics to "An Innocent Man" song by Billy Joel: Some people stay far away from the door If there's a chance of it opening up They hear a voice in t. .Some people see through the eyes of the old Before they ever get a look at the young I'm only willing to hear you cry Because I am an innocent man. I am an innocent man Oh yes I am. Some people say they will never believe Another promise they hear in the dark Because they only remember too well They heard somebody tell them before. Some people sleep all alone every night Instead of taking a lover to bed Some people find that's it's easier to hate Than to wait anymore.
Band Name Billy Joel. Album Name An Innocent Man. Type Album. 2. An Innocent Man. 3. The Longest Time.
Words By, Music By – Billy Joel. Mobile Fidelity Sound Lab. MFSL 2-388.
More albums from Billy Joel: Концерт by Billy Joel. Storm Front by Billy Joel. Greatest Hits Volume I & Volume II by Billy Joel. The Bridge by Billy Joel. 52nd Street by Billy Joel. Cold Spring Harbor by Billy Joel. Glass Houses by Billy Joel. Turnstiles by Billy Joel.
Billy Joel chronology. An Innocent Man (1983). Greatest Hits Volume I & Volume II (1985). Singles from Greatest Hits - Volume I & II. "You're Only Human (Second Wind)" Released: 1985. The Night Is Still Young" Released: 1985. All songs written by Billy Joel except where noted.
There's a handful of tracks that leave me wanting more like "Careless Talk", "Leave A Tender Moment Alone", and "Keeping the Faith". I just want to point out these are NOT poorly written songs, my main problem is the arrangement. Tell Her About It" and the incredibly catchy, "Uptown Girl" are bouncy but never feel superficial. Billy wanted to make an album that was inspired by the music he listened to as a teenager. I'm so glad this isn't a cover's album because those types of albums can be boring. All 10 tracks are written by Billy. But you will hear musical influences by The Temptations, Franki Valli, Ben E. King, James Brown, Smokey Robinson, etc.
Tracklist Hide Credits
|2||An Innocent Man||5:16|
|3||The Longest Time||3:32|
Composed By [Chorus] – L. v. Beethoven*
|5||Tell Her About It||3:45|
|9||Leave A Tender Moment Alone||3:48|
|10||Keeping The Faith||4:35|
- Pressed By – CSR Compact Disc
- Recorded At – Chelsea Sound
- Recorded At – A&R Studios
- Mixed At – A&R Studios
- Marketed By – Gallo Record Company
- Distributed By – Gallo Record Company
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Sony Music Entertainment Inc.
- Glass Mastered At – DADC Austria
- Published By – EMI Music Publ. SA
- Alto Saxophone – David Sanborn (tracks: 1)
- Alto Saxophone, Tenor Saxophone, Percussion, Backing Vocals – Mark Rivera
- Arranged By [Background Vocals] – Tom Bahler
- Arranged By [Horns & Strings] – David Matthews*
- Backing Vocals – Eric Troyer, Frank Floyd, Lani Groves, Mike Alexander, Ron Taylor , Rory Dodd, Terry Textor, Tom Bahler, Ullanda McCullough
- Baritone Saxophone – Ronnie Cuber (tracks: 1, 5, 7, 10)
- Bass – Doug Stegmeyer
- Coordinator [Production Coordinator] – Laura Loncteaux
- Design [Album Cover] – Christopher Austopchuk, Mark Larson
- Drums – Liberty DeVitto
- Electric Guitar – Eric Gale (tracks: 1)
- Engineer [Additional] – Bradshaw Leigh
- Engineer [Assistant] – Mike Allaire, Scott James
- Engineer, Mixed By – Jim Boyer
- Harmonica [Solo] – "Toots" Thielemans* (tracks: 9)
- Lead Guitar [Acoustic & Electric] – David Brown
- Management – Frank Management, Inc.
- Mastered By – Ted Jensen
- Music Consultant [Musical Advisor] – Billy Zampino*
- Organ [Hammond B-3] – Leon Pendarvis (tracks: 1)
- Percussion – Ralph MacDonald (tracks: 7, 9)
- Photography By – Gilles Larrain
- Piano [Acoustic] – Richard Tee (tracks: 5)
- Producer – Phil Ramone
- Rhythm Guitar [Acoustic & Electric] – Russell Javors
- Strings – String Fever
- Tenor Saxophone – Michael Brecker (tracks: 5, 7, 10)
- Trumpet – Joe Shepley (tracks: 1, 5, 7, 10), John Gatchell (tracks: 5, 7, 10), Jon Faddis (tracks: 1)
- Vocals, Piano [Baldwin Acoustic Sf-10], Electric Piano [Fender Rhodes], Organ [Hammond B3], Words By, Music By – Billy Joel
NotesRecorded at Chelsea Sound and A&R Recording, Inc., New York, New York.
Mixed at A&R Recording, Inc.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Matrix / Runout: CDCBS-25554 21 DADC AUSTRIA
- Barcode (Scanned): 6001208414037
|QC 38837||Billy Joel||An Innocent Man (LP, Album, Car)||Columbia||QC 38837||US||1983|
|MFSL 2-388||Billy Joel||An Innocent Man (2xLP, Album, Ltd, Num, RE, 180)||Mobile Fidelity Sound Lab||MFSL 2-388||US||2013|
|CBS 25554||Billy Joel||An Innocent Man (LP, RE, Red)||CBS, Family Productions||CBS 25554||UK||Unknown|
|466329 2||Billy Joel||An Innocent Man (CD, Album, RE)||CBS||466329 2||Europe||1990|
|25554||Billy Joel||An Innocent Man (LP, Album)||CBS||25554||Portugal||1983|