Quincy Jones - Walking In Space Plus mp3 album
Walking in Space is a 1969 studio album by Quincy Jones. The album was recorded for A&M and features an iconic photo of Quincy by Pete Turner who made some of the most famous A&M album covers. Vocalist Valerie Simpson is featured on the title track, an arrangement of a song from the hit rock musical Hair. Dead End" is also from Hair and "Killer Joe" features Ray Brown on bass and Grady Tate on drums, an early example of a strong jazz rhythm section in pop music.
The protean Quincy Jones returned to the recording studio as a leader after a long stretch in Hollywood with this triumphantly contemporary big band album. He re-established himself firmly with his big band jazz base while casting a keen eye on the pop scene and the world of electric instruments (even Ray Brown is caught playing superb electric bass here). The diplomat also unveils his uncanny ability to attract some of the biggest names in jazz as sidemen (Freddie Hubbard, Roland Kirk, Hubert Laws, .
Exclusive Prime pricing. Fix in Music Library.
This album has an average beat per minute of 115 BPM (slowest/fastest tempos: 97/125 BPM). Tracklist Walking in Space. Get the Tempo of more than 6 Million songs.
Walking In Space, 1969. I Never Told You, 04:18.
Quincy Jones Sanford and Son theme. play) (pause) (download) (fb) (vk) (tw). Quincy Jones Pink Panther.
02 - Walking in Space. 06 - Oh Happy Da. lac. Quincy Jones - Walking in Space.
|A2||Walking In Space|
|B2||Love And Peace|
|B3||I Never Told You|
|B4||Oh Happy Day|
|C1||Bridge Over Troubled Water|
- Made By – Festival Records (NZ) Ltd.
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – A&M Records, Inc.
- Recorded At – Van Gelder Studio, Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey
- Arranged By – Bob James (tracks: B3), Quincy Jones (tracks: A1, A2, B1, B2, B4, C1, C2, D1, D2)
- Conductor – Quincy Jones
- Engineer – Rudy Van Gelder
NotesDouble album packaging of the albums "Walking In Space" and "Gula Matari".
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Matrix / Runout (Side A Label): SMX-42019
- Matrix / Runout (Side B Label): SMX-42020
- Matrix / Runout (Side C Label): SMX-42021
- Matrix / Runout (Side D Label): SMX-42022
- Matrix / Runout (Side A Label): SP-3045
- Matrix / Runout (Side B Label): SP-3046
- Matrix / Runout (Side C Label): SP-3059
- Matrix / Runout (Side D Label): SP-3060
- Other (Record 1 catalog number): AML 421
- Other (Record 2 catalog number): AML 422
- Matrix / Runout (Side A Runout): SMX42019 2C
- Matrix / Runout (Side B Runout): SMX42020 2C
- Matrix / Runout (Side C Runout): SMX42021 2A
- Matrix / Runout (Side D Runout): SMX42022 2A
|AMW 37/38||Quincy Jones||Walking In Space / Gula Matari (2xLP, Comp, Promo, Gat)||A&M Records||AMW 37/38||Japan||1973|
|AM 37/38||Quincy Jones||Walking In Space Plus (2xLP, Comp)||A&M Records||AM 37/38||Australia||1973|