Cochemea - All My Relations mp3 album
New Album Releases – download full albums, daily updates! . Album: All My Relations. Previously on NewAlbumReleases.
Cochemea – All My Relations. Label: Daptone Records – DAP-055. Alto Saxophone, Flute, Bass Clarinet, Vocals, Mixed By – Cochemea Gastelum.
The album’s title, ‘All My Relations’ is a phrase used in Native American prayers to signify that every action or word is addressed to everyone and everything, earthly and divine – a loose equivalent to the Christian Amen. The phrase is cleverly announced once at the end of the title track, following the particularly topical chanted line: Ain’t gonna build no wall
Cochemea Gastelum is coming home to connect with his roots. After nearly 15 years of touring the world with Sharon Jones and The Dap-Kings, the saxophonist offers a deeply personal album of jazz and d rhythms. All My Relations¸ out February 22 on Daptone Records, is 10 tracks of mesmerizing and spiritually ascendant instrumentation. A California native with Yaqui and Mescalero Apache Indian ancestry, Cochemea grew up surrounded by music but without knowing much about his heritage
Cochemea Gastelum is a horn player rooted in groove music: part of a network of players associated with Brooklyn’s Daptone label, he’s worked with Amy Winehouse, Antibalas, and Sharon Jones, an anchor of her band, the Dap-Kings. His first solo album, The Electric Sounds of Johnny Arrow, showed off those roots - a parti-colored mixtape that percolated with Ethiopian funk, Afrobeat, boogaloo, wah-wah guitar, and Bitches Brew – style jazz-rock roaming. Yet the 10 short tracks on All My Relations blur into a single unbroken trip over its 35 minutes. By the time it ends, you want to take it again. In This Article: Alice Coltrane, Amy Winehouse, Cochemea, Kamasi Washington, Sharon Jones.
Artist: Cochemea Album: All My Relations Genre: Afrobeat, Afro-Funk Origin: USA Released: 2019 Quality: mp3, 320 kbps Tracklist: Maso Ye'eme.
All My Relations boasts a syncopated charm that stems from the freedom of groove inherent in jam sessions. But the album’s spiritual elevation comes from Gastelum’s songwriting process.
|A2||All My Relations|
|B5||Song Of Happiness|
- Record Company – Daptone Recording Co.
- Published By – Daptone Songs
- Mastered At – Golden Mastering
- Recorded At – Daptone's House of Soul
- Mixed At – Penrose Recorders
- Alto Saxophone, Flute, Bass Clarinet, Vocals, Mixed By – Cochemea Gastelum
- Bass Drum, Vocals – Brian Wolfe
- Bass, Vocals – Bosco Mann
- Clavinet, Talking Drum, Vocals – Victor Axelrod
- Congas, Bongos, Vocals – Elizabeth Pupo-Walker
- Congas, Kanjira, Vocals – Reinaldo De Jesus
- Congas, Vocals – Fernando Velez, Neil Ochoa
- Executive-Producer – Sugarman & Roth
- Layout – Ann Coombs
- Liner Notes – Martin Perna
- Mastered By – JJ*
- Photography By – Jacob Blickenstaff
- Producer – Bosco Mann
- Recorded By – Wayne Gordon
- Recorded By, Mixed By – Gabriel Roth, Simon Guzmán
- Shekere, Vocals – Giancarlo Luiggi
- Tabla, Dhol, Vocals – Sunny Jain
- Typography [Custom Lettering] – Daniel Gneiding
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Matrix / Runout (A-side): DAP-055 A JJ GOLDEN
- Matrix / Runout (B-side): DAP-055 B JJ GOLDEN
- Barcode: 823134005518
- Rights Society: ASCAP
- Rights Society: BMI
|DAP-055||Cochemea*||All My Relations (LP, Album, Ltd, Tea)||Daptone Records||DAP-055||US||2019|
|DAP055P||Cochemea*||All My Relations (CDr, Album, Promo)||Daptone Records||DAP055P||2019|
|DAP-055||Cochemea*||All My Relations (CD, Album)||Daptone Records||DAP-055||US||2019|
|DAP-055||Cochemea*||All My Relations (LP, Album, Ltd, Ran)||Daptone Records||DAP-055||US||2019|