Marbles - Pyramid Landing And Other Favorites mp3 album
The songs date from a period before the concrete formation of The Apples in Stereo in the early 1990s, while Schneider was sharing an apartment with Will Cullen Hart and Hilarie Sidney, a period that also saw the recordings of the first Apples releases, and Sidney's material as Secret Square
Far more spare and delicate than the Apples' fuzzy pop, the Marbles' songs are still cut from essentially the same Beach Boys-inspired cloth; while not as dynamic or accomplished as Schneider's later work, his early compositions are nevertheless melodic, bright, and charming - even at his most derivative, he's an engaging talent and a smart pop revisionist.
Whereas Pyramid Landing was a showcase of experimental pop songs, Expo focuses more sharply on electronic pop music, similar to that of Gary Numan, one of Schneider's influences on the Expo. Other influences include Electric Light Orchestra, Brian Eno, Phoenix and The Cars. The liner notes for the album state a dedication to "Marci and Max". The album was released in 2005. Marbles is the solo recording project.
Recorded on a four-track cassette deck from March 1992 - May 1993, at the Elephant 6 Recording Co. HQ (Robert's apartment), Denver, Colorado; except "Pyramid Landing," recorded in W. Cullen's bedroom, Athens, Georgia, June 1992. Mixed December 1996, at Pet Sounds, Denver, through an Ampex tube four-track and Roland Space Echo tape delay. Sequenced and mastered at Audio Park, Denver. Other Versions (3 of 3) View All. Cat.
Pyramid Landing and Other Favourites (1997). In the liner notes, Schneider dedicates the album to the following: "Tom, Chris, David (my little brothers); Hilarie, Sean, Jim, Will, Jeff, Bill, Mike (my best friends); Ben Rogers, Brian Wilson, John Lennon, Syd Barrett (my heroes); and all my cats.
Released by Robert Schneider Dec 2008. "source":4,"source id":"417489","object type":4,"id":"417489","title":"Marbles","status":0}. Released On : Dec 04, 2008. Listen to Marbles Pyramid Landing MP3 song.
Staff & Contributors // Site Forum // Contact us. Bands:.
Tracklist Hide Credits
|1||Top Of The Morning||2:10|
|3||Sun To Shine||1:42|
|4||Death My Bride||4:24|
|5||Inverse Gazebo *||2:18|
Composed By [Chord Progression] – R.Schneider*, W.Hart*Written-By [Co-writing], Percussion [Tambo-drumming] – W. Cullen Hart*
|8||Rather Be A Scarecrow||3:17|
|11||Bottom Of The Sea||1:20|
|14||Play / Fair||3:10|
Drums [Toy Drums] – Hilarie SidneyHandclaps – W. Cullen Hart*
|16||Grant Me The Day||2:15|
- Recorded At – Elephant Six Recording Co.
- Mixed At – Pet Sounds Recording Studio
- Mastered At – Audio Park Recording Studios
- Composed By – R. Schneider*
- Lead Vocals [Doubling], Backing Vocals [Doubling] – W. Cullen Hart*
- Lyrics By, Producer, Arranged By, Conductor, Other [Liner Notes] – Robert Schneider
- Mixed By – Robert S.*
- Photography By [Back Cover Photo] – Hilarie Sidney
- Sequenced By, Mastered By – Park Peters
- Vocals [Melodies, Harmonies], Acoustic Guitar [Sears Silvertone], Guitar [Sears Silvertone], Bass Guitar, Bells [Sleigh Bells], Melodica, Keyboards [Casio Sk-1], Drums [Sears Silver Rhythm Toy Drums], Flute, Performer [Magic No.10 Can], Guitar [Dimension Iv], Maracas, Performer [Sand-filled Envelope], Effects [Electro-harmonix Octave Fuzz], Recorder, Effects [Vox Repeat Percussion Tremeloe], Jew's Harp [Jaw Harp], Organ [Casio], Piano [Jay-mar Toy Piano], Electronic Drums [Drum-machine-for-a-metronome], Percussion [Percussive Drinking Glasses], Xylophone [Fisher-price Xylophone-piano], Whistle [Slide Whistles], Castanets, Performer [Sound Effects From Old Records] – Robert Peter Schneider*
NotesRecorded on a four-track cassette deck from March 1992 - May 1993, at the Elephant 6 Recording Co. HQ (Robert's apartment), Denver, Colorado; except "Pyramid Landing," recorded in W. Cullen's bedroom, Athens, Georgia, June 1992.
Mixed December 1996, at Pet Sounds, Denver, through an Ampex tube four-track and Roland Space Echo tape delay.
Sequenced and mastered at Audio Park, Denver.
Japanese edition with two bonus tracks (*). Comes with an extra fold-out insert featuring lyrics in Japanese.
|E6-008, spart 53||Marbles||Pyramid Landing And Other Favorites (LP)||Elephant Six Recording Co., spinART Records||E6-008, spart 53||US||1997|
|menu.125, PSCR-5598||Marbles||Pyramid Landing And Other Favorites (CD)||Trattoria, Polystar||menu.125, PSCR-5598||Japan||1997|
|E6-008, spart 53||Marbles||Pyramid Landing And Other Favorites (CD, Comp)||Elephant Six Recording Co., spinART Records||E6-008, spart 53||US||1997|